Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    type #*3386633# like post #1, you will bypass the sim insertion.
    It get me to developer mode; reboots the phone to main screen.
    Where do I enter the profile though?
    Going to device info has not account; and accounts still says Dr. Skipped First Use.

I am misunderstanding something somewhere.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Sorry, u may need to put a sim card.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    It get me to developer mode; reboots the phone to main screen.
    Where do I enter the profile though?
    Going to device info has not account; and accounts still says Dr. Skipped First Use.

I am misunderstanding something somewhere.
    You have to follow each one of 14 steps carefully. After you get developer mode and reboot the phone (step 5), you must continue with step 6 which is installing Preware, add testing feed then installing Impostah. Inside Impostah, on Activation menu is where you create your profile information along with which country you'd like the device to activate.
    Thanks...but as I said earlier...I performed all those steps.
    I made all the way through purchasing the App in Step 14 (purchasing the Webos Internals App). I have the receipt which shows I am activated for paid catalogue access.

The issue is that although my profile on palm.com/profile has the IMEI and serial # for the phone; the account on the phone still says Dr Skipped First Use.

If I need a SIM Card to complete that I just have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Thanks...but as I said earlier...I performed all those steps.
    I made all the way through purchasing the App in Step 14 (purchasing the Webos Internals App). I have the receipt which shows I am activated for paid catalogue access.

The issue is that although my profile on palm.com/profile has the IMEI and serial # for the phone; the account on the phone still says Dr Skipped First Use.

If I need a SIM Card to complete that I just have to wait.
    Yes, then you have to have SIMcard to complete normal Palm Activation process, so the account on the phone isn't Dr. Skipped First Use Hope you'll receive your SIMcard soon
    I followed the steps from the beginning of this post for my pre2 gsm unlocked with no sim card. I was able to see apps in the catalog and even purchase one, but I can't download anything. I keep getting a message that the download failed every time i try to download apps, both paid and free, from the catalog. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue?

Edit 1: Additionally, in software manager it tells me that the app catalog has an available update, but this download fails as well.
    I just got my Pre3 and I'm planning to MetaDoctor it. I want to get qwerty instead of azerty and also add a ext3 partition. Should I do that before or after installing preware and the rest of steps 6-14?
    Quote Originally Posted by kostka View Post
    Yes, then you have to have SIMcard to complete normal Palm Activation process, so the account on the phone isn't Dr. Skipped First Use Hope you'll receive your SIMcard soon
    That's what I thought but was unsure. Thanks for the confirm.
    Need to wait one more week that's all.

- T
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    I just got my Pre3 and I'm planning to MetaDoctor it. I want to get qwerty instead of azerty and also add a ext3 partition. Should I do that before or after installing preware and the rest of steps 6-14?
    Activate it with your desired country first. Then do other stuff later.

You only get one chance at the correct activation. The other stuff you can do over and over again until you get it right.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    OK, DHL tracking says my Pre3 is with the delivery courier so it should be an exciting evening.

I will of course follow instructions in the first post however I need one piece of advice.

My Pre- was activated in Germany with a O2 SIM card (store was very helpful) and i have full access to purchased apps.

I am running it with US English settings and I used this when activating with the German O2 SIM card.

I am planning to activate my Pre3 with the same profile using instructions in first post with Impostha.

Shall I choose Germany and German language in Impostah or shall I use the same language settings as in the Palm Profile (US English).

Please advice, I don't want to get this wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (Sorry - waiting for TouchPad with 3G....hmm...guess NOT!)

---------------------------------------
    Unlocked German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 and UberKernal
    Bought and activated in Germany by the O2 store
    Manually entered CarrierNetworkSettings for 3 Sweden carrier in 2.1.0 phone preferences (finally working in 2.1.0)
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    Pre3 on order from Eurostore

WebOS news from http://webosblog.eu - http://precentral.net - http://webos-blog.de
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    I activated my Pre3 with Impostah and followed all the steps. I am also seeing "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" even after doing a full erase and signing back in with my SIM card. Now what? How can I test if everything works properly with my TouchPad? If I buy a phone app on the TouchPad, should it automatically transfer to my Pre3? And how about synchronizing photos? Wow, I feel like a n00b again. Anyway, thanks for your help!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    What kind of WiFi connection options there are available at step 6? I have a company open WiFi access that requires an ok entered in the browser before being able to connect anywhere. Alternatively I could wait until I get home and use WPA2 wireless there, but then the working hours tomorrow would be quite a pain...
    am i missing something here as their is no Australia as the activation country? ( but there is a Australian app catalog) so if you activate using another country other then australia how are going to use a aussie credit card in the Australia app catalog!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    I activated my Pre3 with Impostah and followed all the steps. I am also seeing "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" even after doing a full erase and signing back in with my SIM card. Now what? How can I test if everything works properly with my TouchPad? If I buy a phone app on the TouchPad, should it automatically transfer to my Pre3? And how about synchronizing photos? Wow, I feel like a n00b again. Anyway, thanks for your help!
    In another thread in the Pre3 forum, Rod suggested disabling backups before doing the erase then log in with sim card etc.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    am i missing something here as their is no Australia as the activation country? ( but there is a Australian app catalog) so if you activate using another country other then australia how are going to use a aussie credit card in the Australia app catalog!!
    If you're in Australia, you should be able to activate normally to get the Australian app catalog without needing to use Impostah. Note that I haven't personally tested this, so no guarantees.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    @boyblueeye

Can you help me here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...lp-needed.html
    yes that's what I tried first but their is no option for Australia just the usual pick language then country UK, USA ,Europe ,Canada.

has anyone activated a phone in Australia with a Australian app catalog?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yes Australian Apps can be activated by Aussies with an Australian credit card, via the TP Profile which you share with your Pre 1,2 or 3. I tried on my Pre 3 (as my TP is in the mail after being found in the boot of my daughter's car unsent) but since NZ has no States in its registration menu shared with us, Australia has none either! I have complained and will do everyday until they fix it or my TP arrives.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    yes that's what I tried first but their is no option for Australia just the usual pick language then country UK, USA ,Europe ,Canada.

has anyone activated a phone in Australia with a Australian app catalog?
    If someone is willing to alpha test it, I can add an Australia option to the Country list in Impostah.

I need someone to activated their phone normally (or via a TouchPad profile) on an australian cellular network to tell me the MNC and MCC values reported in the Device Profile screen in Impostah.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast