Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Full erase and go through the normal first use process again now that the device has been activated once correctly.

-- Rod
    Never do the full erase, i've use impostah to do activation once again, check time set correctly, and the the credit card account preference is now available for me to key in information.

but verification status is still pending. but i think is is not an issue to right? any limitation on this?
  2.    #142  
    The full erase and first use process fixes the verification status.

-- Rod
    Would someone confirm my understandings:

New phone -> activate for country A -> new account -> access to country A Catalog
    New phone -> activate for country A -> existing account for country B -> access to country B? -> reset profile -> create new account ->access to country A?
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by charles1128 View Post
    Would someone confirm my understandings:

New phone -> activate for country A -> new account -> access to country A Catalog
    New phone -> activate for country A -> existing account for country B -> access to country B? -> reset profile -> create new account ->access to country A?
    Depends on the device and what changes HP has made to the profile servers that day.

-- Rod
    I ordered a Pre3 and I want to access the US app catalog, I already have an account (tied to Hong Kong I think), so can I use this account during the Impostah activation or create a new account?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The full erase and first use process fixes the verification status.

-- Rod
    1 - done full reset
    2 - activate with normal procedure (malaysia sim card)
    3 - login to profile that i create before reset
    4 - app cat is on USA , able to purchase paid apps.
    5 - check palm Webos status, : Pending for Verification.
    6 - click resend email, but no email received.

* another problem that i have is that the wifi hotspot is not working, can't connect with another device, but no data is loaded .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spryken View Post
    1 - done full reset
    2 - activate with normal procedure (malaysia sim card)
    3 - login to profile that i create before reset
    4 - app cat is on USA , able to purchase paid apps.
    5 - check palm Webos status, : Pending for Verification.
    6 - click resend email, but no email received.

* another problem that i have is that the wifi hotspot is not working, can't connect with another device, but no data is loaded .

Thanks
    I found that the e-mail address I normally use never received their verification mail (and yes: I did check all the spam containers along the mailroute).

So I changed the mail-address for my profile to a gmail one --> verification mail received, account verified.
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tM0nk View Post
    I found that the e-mail address I normally use never received their verification mail (and yes: I did check all the spam containers along the mailroute).

So I changed the mail-address for my profile to a gmail one --> verification mail received, account verified.
    Bingo, it works! i change from gmail to hotmail and then back to gmail again.

it works.

Thanks a million.

Ken
    I bought a Pre 2 some weeks ago from ebay.
    Only two days ago I noticed, that I wasn't able to buy apps, because I had the US app catalog. In the palm profile there was shown "Pre 2 O2 Germany." I updated my profile from a Pre- .

So I tried to switch to a new profile with Impostah, selecting the german catalog.

Catalog switching worked with switching to a new profile!

Now I have access to the german catalog and can buy with my german credit card.

I switched back to the old profile, also selecting German. Back in the old profile I had the US catalog again.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Got activated US AppCat, full reset, but Preferences and Account grey out in App Catalog, any idea?

ok solved, the app catalog just need some moment to completely load up and the preferences was grey out until that.
    Last edited by charles1128; 08/25/2011 at 05:15 PM.
    anyone also has the wifi hotspot issue? connected to device but cannot access internet
    Quote Originally Posted by spryken View Post
    Bingo, it works! i change from gmail to hotmail and then back to gmail again.

it works.

Thanks a million.

Ken
    Did you solve the wifi hotspot non-working problem??
    Rod:

UK Pre3
    Followed the steps in post #1
    Went to buy app for Step 14; while waiting for confirm email;
    Bought it; was charged but will not let me download.
    Checked accounts profile on device; got Dr. Skipped First Use
    Have a valid profile on palm.com/profile

Have not yet inserted SIM...don't have one yet.
    Am I screwed?

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Login to hpwebos/account and change the email to another one and then change back to the original one.
    Then reset palm profile and redo the normal procedure
    the normal impostah procedure?
    I dont have a sim card yet.

Edit: I got the email for verification. My profile is active already.
    u followed the procedure in post #1 using impostah without sim card, right? that's done.
    after u reset the device, it will ask u to re-enter your palm profile, it is the normal procedure.
    u followed the procedure in post #1 using impostah without sim card, right? that's done.
    after u reset the device, it will ask u to re-enter your palm profile, it is the normal procedure.
    I guess I am misunderstanding this part.
    I have never been asked to re-enter the profile. I will not have a sim card for another week or so.

When you say "reset" are you talking full erase?

EDIT: I cannot find anywhere that I can re-enter the profile info.
    It still says Dr. Skipped First Use. I made it all the way through Step 12 but the app did not download.

EDIT 2: If I full erase and have no SIM; won't I have to use the dev mode code again?

EDIT 3: I can go to palm profile and the device # and the IMEI # are for my device.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 08/26/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    u did the activation with impostah, right?
    login to hpwebos/account, check the status is ok, if pending for verification, change your email.
    then on your device, go to device info>reset>erase apps and data
    after the device is rebooted, it will ask you your palm profile.
    u did the activation with impostah, right?
    login to hpwebos/account, check the status is ok, if pending for verification, change your email.
    then on your device, go to device info>reset>erase apps and data
    after the device is rebooted, it will ask you your palm profile.
    Yes that part 1
    Yes to part II

Will try Part III and IV now
    It brings me to insert SIM screen.
    I dont have a sim card. How do I skip this to get to insert profile details.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast