Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yep, you should be fine. Check the billing countries, I think you need a card in one of the countries that appear there.
    In the store, using my new created fist use profile, I could not access preferences and accounts option. It was not possible to enter creditcard info to make it work.

I fixed this issue

I did a palm profile reset, after that, I signed in with my original palm account, and I could download paid apps.

My advice to other people who use this method of bypassing:

1. Create a new temp email account
    2. In impostah create a new palm profile
    3. After everything is done (follow the guide in the first post of this thead) - hit palm profile reset.
    4. Sign in with you original palm profile or create a new real profile and it will work just fine

Thank you, WebOs-internals, for developing this app!
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    In the store, using my new created fist use profile, I could not access preferences and accounts option. It was not possible to enter creditcard info to make it work.

I fixed this issue

I did a palm profile reset, after that, I signed in with my original palm account, and I could download paid apps.

My advice to other people who use this method of bypassing:

1. Create a new temp email account
    2. In impostah create a new palm profile
    3. After everything is done (follow the guide in the first post of this thead) - hit palm profile reset.
    4. Sign in with you original palm profile or create a new real profile and it will work just fine
    Yep, that's a good approach.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hello!
    I also have a question about getting access to the app catalog. I live in China and have a German credit card. I bought a Veer and unlocked it with Digital Unlock. During the setup I created a profile but didn't enter any location information (but allowed the phone to search for location information). Does that mean that my phone is stuck on China now? Can I use Impostah to change this setting? I don't mind erasing profiles and creating new ones (like Beninho suggested)

Thank you for any help. I'm new to WebOS and would like to use all of its glory.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfish View Post
    Hello!
    I also have a question about getting access to the app catalog. I live in China and have a German credit card. I bought a Veer and unlocked it with Digital Unlock. During the setup I created a profile but didn't enter any location information (but allowed the phone to search for location information). Does that mean that my phone is stuck on China now? Can I use Impostah to change this setting? I don't mind erasing profiles and creating new ones (like Beninho suggested)

Thank you for any help. I'm new to WebOS and would like to use all of its glory.
    You may have blown your only chance when you created the profile, but you should look for posts from GuyFromNam in another thread where is it reported that you can now change the app catalog access restrictions on a Veer by creating a new profile with the correct locale. I have not tested that yet, so cannot confirm it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I am getting a palm pre 2, and have read of activation issues where even using O2 sim card for activation, Uk users have access to paid apps but they are in USD and a US registered cad is required for payment,

Will Palm know this workaround has been used on my phone If I do it, and is there a risk that i will not be able to access paid apps at aa later stage due to this method of activation in th first place?
    picture: - img.ly

Cannot connect to server to activate. Can anyone tell what's happening?

Before I tried the impostah, I inserted the sim and selected language (but I didn't create the profile yet). Then I followed the instruction of the first post of this thread however I encountered the error message shown in the linked picture.

My pre 2 is unlocked EU with SW 2.0.1

After I filled in the email address and password and tapped "create new profile", it shows "Service Error (createDeviceAccount): 0"...
    even im getting the same error ... please help
    I'm also getting the same error " Service Error getAccountServerURL"

Thanks
    any solution to this ?
  10.    #90  
    I'll need the log from running "tail -f /var/log/messages" and "ls-monitor" for the timeframe where you get that error.

-- Rod
  11.    #91  
    Please test Impostah 0.9.9 in the testing feed now.

-- Rod
    Fixed the problem

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ....

--AJ
    I was about to report what it seems to be the same problem... well I'm uploading the screenshoot anyway and would test impostah 0.99 right after this

Rod, you're amazing.

it worked perfectly with the testing version

thanks rod
    i dont understand... please tell me what should i do . i have preware and impostah already
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Is it possible to use Impostah to only change the billing location of the app catalog. I have a Touchpad (YEAH!) and activated it correctly (UK, English), but selected NL when as billing location when running app catalog for the first time and now I have no paid apps.

I assume I can fix this with creating a new profile, but I rather keep using the current one.
    guys ,

Please i' ve a problem .

I live in Italy and have just activated without use Impostah my Veer (AT&T) and now my app catalog is locked to the Italian catalog . I want have access on my Veer to the US Catalog and my only thing is someone create for me a US account and activate for me from USA ; then on my Veer with Impostah i try to sign out and log in with this account ....

If i give you one of my email address and password can you create a Palm profile for me and activate on your webos device ?????

Please help me
    Last edited by wolfgart; 08/10/2011 at 09:14 AM.
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It doesn't work like that:
    http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...trictions.html

You can try and do a Erase Apps & Data from Device Info, and create a completely new US profile. Maybe you'll get lucky, but don't hold your breath.

i've tried to do this procedure but nothing changed...

I've no Touchpad now , i wait the 4G version .

Only method would be if someone create and activate a US profile on a device and then with these credentials i try to log-off and log-in using Impostah .
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Considering your posts in the overclocking thread, I wouldn't count on anyone helping you.
    my posts in the overclocking thread are Strong but i've my opinion on the homebrew....

thanks for all
    - HP Veer --
    no way to login to Impostah using another profile ?? ...
    - HP Veer --
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast