Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 417
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    Has anyone tried activation with Payoneer prepaid MasterCard. I was told it acts as US card so it should work

    Payoneer - Global payments made easy.

    Thanks, kreso
    Do you register a US billing address for it? If not, it will not work.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #62  
    Thanks Rod for your hard work, this worked like a charm for me in Australia. I don't have a US ccard but at least I can get some free apps. Hopefully HP will wake up one day and rollout WebOS worldwide.

    Anyone that has used this solution (or Preware etc) and hasn't made a donation...........do so NOW! Support this great work.

    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

    Thanks Again.
  3. #63  
    Hi guys , i bought a palm pre 2 and i will have it in a few days but i am new here and i have a lot of questions....

    1. I am from Cyprus (yeap definitely a problem here as i see..) and if my pre 2 is unlocked and i follow your 14 steps correctly will it work for me? i mean to be able to download paid applications.

    2. If that doesn't work will i at least be able to download free apps?

    3. On the step 8 you say "Select your desired activation country and language"
    Now because as i imagine Cyprus will not be included in these countries therefore i have to choose lets say uk? i mean because its in E.U as Cyprus is? What should i do?

    4. If those steps work for me will i be able to buy paid applications using my credit card that i have with a bank here in Cyprus?

    Okay that's all!!!
    As you can see i really need some help here...
    Hope you could guide me...
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by toolzan View Post
    Hi guys , i bought a palm pre 2 and i will have it in a few days but i am new here and i have a lot of questions....

    1. I am from Cyprus (yeap definitely a problem here as i see..) and if my pre 2 is unlocked and i follow your 14 steps correctly will it work for me? i mean to be able to download paid applications.

    2. If that doesn't work will i at least be able to download free apps?

    3. On the step 8 you say "Select your desired activation country and language"
    Now because as i imagine Cyprus will not be included in these countries therefore i have to choose lets say uk? i mean because its in E.U as Cyprus is? What should i do?

    4. If those steps work for me will i be able to buy paid applications using my credit card that i have with a bank here in Cyprus?

    Okay that's all!!!
    As you can see i really need some help here...
    Hope you could guide me...
    1. Yes, if you have the correct credit card.

    2. Yes.

    3. You need to choose the country to match your credit card.

    4. No. You need a credit card with a registered billing address in an official Palm launch partner country.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1. Yes, if you have the correct credit card.

    2. Yes.

    3. You need to choose the country to match your credit card.

    4. No. You need a credit card with a registered billing address in an official Palm launch partner country.

    -- Rod
    thanks for your quick response Rod
  6. kresom's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

    You only need to enter credit card details to purchase something or use a promo code. For apps that are free in the app catalog, you do not need credit card details, but you do need to activate a profile correctly using Impostah.

    -- Rod
    Can I skip credit card details at the time I activate a profile and than update credit card details at later time.

    I don't have US/Canadian card available right now and I am inpatient to activate my brand new Veer


    Thanks

    Kreso
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    Can I skip credit card details at the time I activate a profile and than update credit card details at later time.
    Yes.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #68  
    Hi There,

    So me history. I'm new to WebOS with a brand new Pre2 which I have successfully unlocked via this process for global app access.

    Have installed a few free apps and one patch (Mode Switcher). The Pre2 has been having the odd "quick" reset, I think it's called a "luna".

    I'm trying to get my Pre2 to sync to Palm Desktop via Echo. It is syncing Tasks/Memos/Contacts OK but is failing half way through the 4000 odd calendar events. (resets every time).

    So basically I want to reset/wipe/doctor my Pre2 so that I can start again. I will ONLY install Echo to see if I can get the syncing to fully work.

    Still reading the forums so I haven't quite figured out exactly how I should be resetting/wiping the device (or should I use doctor process?), so any advice on that would be great but my main question is..........Once I do the reset, do I need to activate the phone again via this process?

    Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

    Cheers,
    Simon.
  9. #69  
    OK, per my previous post above I've done the research and think I need to use web-doctor to reset my Pre2 so that I can use it without the constant rebooting that is currently happening.

    Do I need to go through this process again after using web-doctor?

    Should I take the SIM card out whilst I use web-doctor?

    Any advice is appreciated.

    Cheers.
  10.    #70  
    Once the device record is created on Palm's servers, you can do what you like.

    -- Rod
  11. #71  
    ok i've got another question here.
    if i decide not to do the 14 steps (because i am in a restricted area and as i see its pretty difficult to get a visa from an unrestricted area) and just put my sim card in and power the phone will i have access to free apps? and can i download webos quick install, preware and impostah later?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by toolzan View Post
    ok i've got another question here.
    if i decide not to do the 14 steps (because i am in a restricted area and as i see its pretty difficult to get a visa from an unrestricted area) and just put my sim card in and power the phone will i have access to free apps? and can i download webos quick install, preware and impostah later?
    Hi toolzan,

    As I undertsand it. Per post #46 in this thread you need to go through this process to get access to the free apps.

    Cheers.
  13. #73  
    Thanks rwhitby for the steps. I have sucessfully ported my non-working UK profile to US one with Impostah in Hong Kong, a restricted area.

    Problem is my Palm Profile keeps as Dr. Skipped Firstuse, and I read if I want it back to my own name, I could do a backup reset or on/off and make it works. Yet I still want to get back my Task and Memo data from 1.4.5 backups, is there any workaround for it?

    Cheers.
  14. Beninho's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #74  
    Hi

    I've order a Veer, which will arrive tomorrow. I'm in The Netherlands, so I will use Impostah for the activation.

    While I only have one chance to activate it properly, I was practicing in the Emulator

    I got this message:
    Serice error authenticate from device
    {"errorCode": "PAMS3101", "errorText": "Invalid ROMToken build variant"}

    I think this is a result of working in the emulator? But i've read in an other thread this happend to other users too who did not work in the emulator.

    Can you confirm this was a error as a result of working in the emuatlor?

    Thanks!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    Hi

    I've order a Veer, which will arrive tomorrow. I'm in The Netherlands, so I will use Impostah for the activation.

    While I only have one chance to activate it properly, I was practicing in the Emulator

    I got this message:



    I think this is a result of working in the emulator? But i've read in an other thread this happend to other users too who did not work in the emulator.

    Can you confirm this was a error as a result of working in the emuatlor?

    Thanks!
    The emulator will indeed produce this error.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. Beninho's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #76  
    Great!

    I'll post my results then, when my Veer arrives!
  17. #77  
    I'm not sure if this has been posted; perhaps you can use the 3V prepaid visa card in the US app catalog. They have a Canadian site too.

    https://www.3vcash.ca/

    I've activated my Veer using Impostah but I can't get into the (uk) euro store for some reason. I might try the 3V card option. I've already used these cards for euro purchases.

    Edit:

    So I screwed myself.... I followed the guide to the letter and managed to get my Veer unlocked and activated. I had some problems getting a new Palm profile up and running so eventually I went with my old one. Apparently the country was set back to US and not UK. So now I only have US app catalog access.

    But I can't even add my payment details because the accounts and preferences tab is grayed out. This is ****!
    Last edited by Upke; 06/23/2011 at 03:14 PM.
  18. #78  
    Hello,

    I received my Veer from US and use it in Switzerland (orange). It has been unlocked with digitalunlock, very easy and not problem. Activation has been done using a french sim card and on the French network (sfr). I just installed Preware and impostah.

    My problem is the following :

    Each time I open the app catalog it turn off my data connectio (3G) !!! and so I do not have access to the market. I can use the app catalog only if I am in wifi ! My data connection is ok because I can use all applications which need data (facebook, google maps….). Into the preference, data connection is on of course. In wifi I can buy apps without problem (with a French credit card).

    If I put an french sim card (sfr) into the mobile and it works well and I have acces to the app catalog using 3G !!

    So what can I do to use the market with my swiss card in Switzerland ?????

    thank you for your help
  19. Beninho's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #79  
    Everything seems to be working,

    I only do not get confirmation e-mail from Hp/palm

    When I click on check paid Apps acces is gives me a "true" so think it will be alright.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
    Everything seems to be working,

    I only do not get confirmation e-mail from Hp/palm

    When I click on check paid Apps acces is gives me a "true" so think it will be alright.
    Yep, you should be fine. Check the billing countries, I think you need a card in one of the countries that appear there.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions