Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 417
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #41  
    OK, Rod, I've recovered.

    If I was to find another new-in-box Pre 2 for sale, how could I verify that it has not been activated before I buy it?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    OK, Rod, I've recovered.

    If I was to find another new-in-box Pre 2 for sale, how could I verify that it has not been activated before I buy it?
    Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way to do that.

    -- Rod
  3. #43  
    I use Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards

    You need to have a valid US address, and you need to have someone with a US credit card or bank account purchase it for you.
    The last obstacles to overcome it seems. The App Catalog application is ready for card information, clearly indicating the process worked for me as well. Now I just need to find a "friend" over there ...

    {I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  4. #44  
    Hi Rod,

    I have a brand new unlocked pre2 on the way to me from the US (gsmnation). Upgrading from a Treo680, sick of waiting endlessly for Palm/HP to release ANY product over here.

    Please excuse my ignorance, but as I read it the only way i can get access to the App Cat is if I get my hands onto a US credit card? is that correct? Would a Canadian card also work?

    If I can't get access to an overseas credit card, is there any advantage for me at all in going through this procedure?

    Are the credit card details usually required during the palm profile creation process? or only when you buy something from the app cat?

    Thanking You.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by thirst View Post
    Hi Rod,

    I have a brand new unlocked pre2 on the way to me from the US (gsmnation). Upgrading from a Treo680, sick of waiting endlessly for Palm/HP to release ANY product over here.

    Please excuse my ignorance, but as I read it the only way i can get access to the App Cat is if I get my hands onto a US credit card? is that correct? Would a Canadian card also work?

    If I can't get access to an overseas credit card, is there any advantage for me at all in going through this procedure?

    Are the credit card details usually required during the palm profile creation process? or only when you buy something from the app cat?

    Thanking You.
    I expect a Canadian card would work fine.

    You only need to enter credit card details to purchase something or use a promo code. For apps that are free in the app catalog, you do not need credit card details, but you do need to activate a profile correctly using Impostah.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #46  
    Thanking You. Looking forward to discovering WebOS. Keep up the good work, a donation will soon be on the way. Cheers.
  7. #47  
    Rod,
    Does Impostah work on the Veer?
    I am an American in Bulgaria and have US cards.

    This will be my first use of WebOS.

    Thanks
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    Rod,
    Does Impostah work on the Veer?
    I am an American in Bulgaria and have US cards.

    This will be my first use of WebOS.

    Thanks
    It does, I have tested it myself.

    -- Rod
  9. #49  
    Rod,

    Thank you.
    Is the process the same as for the PRE that is at the start of this thread?

    Do I unlock first with DigitalUnlock and then run Impostah OR Impostah and then unlock?

    I am grateful for your knowledge and expertise.

    Also, where do I go to buy Impostah?

    Thanks
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    Rod,

    Thank you.
    Is the process the same as for the PRE that is at the start of this thread?

    Do I unlock first with DigitalUnlock and then run Impostah OR Impostah and then unlock?

    I am grateful for your knowledge and expertise.

    Also, where do I go to buy Impostah?

    Thanks
    Unlock while running the official Palm firmware.

    Run Impostah after you've confirmed that's working.

    Impostah can be found in Preware. Donations can be sent via PayPal.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #51  
    I have encountered a problem. I went into developer mode then unlocked my veer. Then I used impostah to create a new palmprofile. But for somereason I can not verify the palm profile. So my palm profile portal shows pending verification. I tried to request the verification email but I never receive it. I tried changing the email address. I also never recieve the change email confirmation in the new address. Does anyone know a fix?
  12. talalal's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #52  
    Hi All.

    My initial palm profile was created (on a pixi plus) when living in a country where the paid app catalogue is accessible (UK).

    I am currently living in a country where the paid app catalogue isn't accessible (without Rod's brilliant solution at least).

    I've just purchased a BNIB Veer and was wondering whether I shall need to use Impostah in order to activate the paid app catalogue, or if using my existing webos profile to activate the device will suffice?

    Thanks
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    I have encountered a problem. I went into developer mode then unlocked my veer. Then I used impostah to create a new palmprofile. But for somereason I can not verify the palm profile. So my palm profile portal shows pending verification. I tried to request the verification email but I never receive it. I tried changing the email address. I also never recieve the change email confirmation in the new address. Does anyone know a fix?
    Go into Impostah and reset the palm profile - this will reboot your device and allow you to go through the normal first-use process.

    -- Rod
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by talalal View Post
    Hi All.

    My initial palm profile was created (on a pixi plus) when living in a country where the paid app catalogue is accessible (UK).

    I am currently living in a country where the paid app catalogue isn't accessible (without Rod's brilliant solution at least).

    I've just purchased a BNIB Veer and was wondering whether I shall need to use Impostah in order to activate the paid app catalogue, or if using my existing webos profile to activate the device will suffice?

    Thanks
    App catalog access is based on the device record, not the palm profile.

    You must use Impostah.

    -- Rod
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Isn't this onconsistent with the Impostah instructions in OP where SIM card is inserted in step 13.
    In this post you move it up to a pre-Impostah stage. Only way to verify a device has been unlocked successfully is by inserting a SIM card.
    You should do the cellular unlock between steps 5 and 6, then remove the SIM again.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Please explain. Why should it be unlocked first?

    When using the default procedure sim shouldn't be inserted until after first activation, so why should it be inserted earlier now?
    I assume that DigitalUnlock assumes that your device is running an official version of webOS. If they don't care, then do Impostah stuff first and cellular unlocking later.

    I just don't want people saying "I lost $39 cause the cellular unlocking didn't work after I ran Impostah on my device".

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    But either way the Veer is still running an official webOS version right?
    Depends whether they meta-doctor it as well ...

    -- Rod
  18. #58  
    So I got one of the $50 Veers on Amazon, and don't plan to use it as a phone, so I went into devmode, installed Preware and Impostah, and followed the procedure for paid app access. However, the "Preferences & Accounts" button in the App Catalog is now grayed out. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

    Edit: I know I can add a credit card when I try to download my first paid app, but still, it doesn't let me change my settings (like to require a password every time instead of once every 4 hours).

    Edit 2: I put a SIM card in, and it's working fine now.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/10/2011 at 07:05 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So I got one of the $50 Veers on Amazon, and don't plan to use it as a phone, so I went into devmode, installed Preware and Impostah, and followed the procedure for paid app access. However, the "Preferences & Accounts" button in the App Catalog is now grayed out. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

    Edit: I know I can add a credit card when I try to download my first paid app, but still, it doesn't let me change my settings (like to require a password every time instead of once every 4 hours).
    I'd like to debug this in detail.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. kresom's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #60  
    Has anyone tried activation with Payoneer prepaid MasterCard. I was told it acts as US card so it should work

    Payoneer - Global payments made easy.

    Thanks, kreso
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions