Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    What about TTS? I thought it's only if you pair them over bluetooth, and palm accounts don't matter.
    Hello

i have tried all - without any luck.

is there any chance to change the Country ID for the App Catalog? My Pre3 listed as Country CH.
    Or can i put the Pre in the Trash?

Kind regards
    Oliver
    get a touchoad and you will be able to change your country
    Hi cubeover

i get my Touchpad from Grmany next Week. Can start it in Switzerlan (WLAN) without any Tricks?
    I have a old working Palm Profil from Germany. Should i Use it or setup a new Profil?

When the Touchpad work correctly, than i can use the Touchpad Profil for my Pre3?

I'm confused... (shame on you Palm/HP for this s***t)

Thanks for your quick response,

Kind regards
    Oliver
    what is your goal? what country app store you want to use?
    there have been reports that touchpad's country selection affects and changes your mobile phone's country appstore when on the same account.
    so if you want German, get you touchpad on the German account and then join your pre onto same account.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    what is your goal? what country app store you want to use?
    there have been reports that touchpad's country selection affects and changes your mobile phone's country appstore when on the same account.
    so if you want German, get you touchpad on the German account and then join your pre onto same account.
    Ok. lets try to explain (my englisch is bad, sorry)

I had a used, in Germany actived Pre Plus. Now live in Switzerland and I bought a Pre 3. My Mistake was I used a Swiss SIM with my old Palm Profil. Now is my Pre3 useless - no payed Apps.

All my attempts were unsuccessful. The Pre had CH as Country set

ok. now i bought a used Touchpad (from Germany).

My Question is: Can I use the old Pre-Profil (from Germany) or i must create a new Profil. The Touchpad is full reset an i activeted it with a swiss based WLAN. I there any Problems? You said i can choose the Country - also in Switzerland?

What I want is on both Devices the German App Catalog running with my Creditcard from my Pre Plus.

At the Moment is the Pre3 running with priceless Apps - Unfortunately useless for me

I hope i can use webOS further.

Kind regards
    Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCH View Post
    Ok. lets try to explain (my englisch is bad, sorry)

I had a used, in Germany actived Pre Plus. Now live in Switzerland and I bought a Pre 3. My Mistake was I used a Swiss SIM with my old Palm Profil. Now is my Pre3 useless - no payed Apps.

All my attempts were unsuccessful. The Pre had CH as Country set

ok. now i bought a used Touchpad (from Germany).

My Question is: Can I use the old Pre-Profil (from Germany) or i must create a new Profil. The Touchpad is full reset an i activeted it with a swiss based WLAN. I there any Problems? You said i can choose the Country - also in Switzerland?

What I want is on both Devices the German App Catalog running with my Creditcard from my Pre Plus.

At the Moment is the Pre3 running with priceless Apps - Unfortunately useless for me

I hope i can use webOS further.

Kind regards
    Oliver
    so which store you want to use now?
    if you still have means to pay for German store, use the old profile.
    if you cannot pay to German store anymore you must have Switzerland profile.
    you should create a new Switzerland profile on your touchpad, and join pre3 there after doctoring it.
    since you have moved, it may be possible to call hp and ask them to move your old account from Germany to Switzerland.
    Oliver,
    your mistake was activating Pre3 before asking how it needs to be done.
    You should have used Impostah tool for activation as described in this thread.
    From Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Using App Catalog
    I can tell that Switzerland is not a supported country and you need to be on the German profile (and have a billing address on your VISA/MasterCard as in one of the countries in the link above).

I am not aware of any methods to reset the tokens generated on your Pre3, but you can experiment - you have many devices.
    Also search here on the topic "no paid apps access".

WLAN means nothing in Touchpad activation, if you create a new profile on Touchpad, you can select the country.
    Did you create a new profile or you joined Touchpad on to your old German profile? Do you have paid apps in Touchpad now?
    I have a brand new, unboxed-it-myself, never-activated French SFR Palm Pre 2 that I just unlocked.

I'd like to activate it for the USA with my Canadian credit card. I'm currently in Israel.

I followed steps 1-10 of the guide at the beginning of the thread. I even doctored the phone - taking care to use the right version for WebOS 2.0.0 (on an SFR Pre 2), which is currently on the phone - before trying Impostah.

I haven't put a SIM in the phone yet.

When I try to create a new profile, I get:

Service Error (createDeviceAccount):
    If I try to login to an existing profile, I get:

Service Error (authenticateFromDevice):
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jacob
    I used this guide yesterday to successfully unlock my new Pre3 for the UK app store (I'm in the Netherlands).
    No issues (though I used a couple of other guides for certain parts such as preventing my Pre- from being wiped, Preware installation and to figure out what a full wipe was)
    Preware Homebrew Documentation was my first new purchase. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jshare
    Service Error (createDeviceAccount):0
    A few posts back (12/13/2011 11:02 PM), Rod suggested that this is usually due to a bad data connection. Check your Wifi access
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaudtje View Post
    A few posts back (12/13/2011 11:02 PM), Rod suggested that this is usually due to a bad data connection. Check your Wifi access
    Thanks, but that's not it. I can surf the Web fine on the phone in developer mode, but still can't login to a profile or create one.

EDIT: I assume HP's activation server was down this weekend, because I was just able to activate with Impostah without any problems, and I can see that I have paid US app catalog access. I then updated to WebOS 2.2.4.

Continuing with Rod's instructions, I did a full erase and would like to doctor the phone, but when I run the Doctor, the Next button stays grayed out no matter what I do, so I can't actually start the Doctor process. I tried uninstalling the drivers, but that didn't do anything. Also, I made sure to use the 2.2.4 version of the Doctor for my phone.

EDIT 2: When I activated the phone, I created a new profile. Now that the phone seemed to be ok, I logged into an old profile and lo and behold, I no longer have paid US app catalog access
    Last edited by jshare; 02/20/2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshare View Post
    I have a brand new, unboxed-it-myself, never-activated French SFR Palm Pre 2 that I just unlocked.

I'd like to activate it for the USA with my Canadian credit card. I'm currently in Israel.

I followed steps 1-10 of the guide at the beginning of the thread. I even doctored the phone - taking care to use the right version for WebOS 2.0.0 (on an SFR Pre 2), which is currently on the phone - before trying Impostah.

I haven't put a SIM in the phone yet.

When I try to create a new profile, I get:

If I try to login to an existing profile, I get:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jacob
    I got the same error and I have to do a secure full erase and then try the activation again. it works!!!
    Hi... I got a HP veer in Colombia. At first, I didn't know that the app catalog is no longer available for paid applications for my country, and I've activated the phone with a Colombian SimCard (movistar). After reading this tutorial, I run the webosdoctor to reset to the factory settings to do all the steps. However althought I did run the webosdoctor and activate without any simcard and another profile with US data, still appears CO and all Colombia info when I run Impostah and I check the device info in app catalog..

Is there any way to change this information?... I would really like to have access to paid applications.

Thanks!!
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by andersarria View Post
    Hi... I got a HP veer in Colombia. At first, I didn't know that the app catalog is no longer available for paid applications for my country, and I've activated the phone with a Colombian SimCard (movistar). After reading this tutorial, I run the webosdoctor to reset to the factory settings to do all the steps. However althought I did run the webosdoctor and activate without any simcard and another profile with US data, still appears CO and all Colombia info when I run Impostah and I check the device info in app catalog..

Is there any way to change this information?... I would really like to have access to paid applications.

Thanks!!
    The first post clearly states "This procedure will not work if the device has previously had a Palm Profile on it at any time since it was manufactured."

You only get one chance.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This Veer of mine has been unlocked and is now being used without SIM, but now that I am in Japan and want App store access via WIFI, I don't know where to start.

When I check under its App Catalog tab, Impostah shows "Service Error"

I am afraid that I tipped off HP about my location while I was working in Afghanistan

Or, perhaps there is no access to this information while in a a location like Japan.

If anyone could point me in the right direction...

Thanks!
    When I try to add a card (Visa Debit gift card of USD 25,-) received from my US colleague, my Submit button doesn't become active. Any ideas?

Hmmz strange after a reboot it works
    Last edited by Herrie; 03/21/2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    When I try to add a card (Visa Debit gift card of USD 25,-) received from my US colleague, my Submit button doesn't become active. Any ideas?

Hmmz strange after a reboot it works
    OK my USD 25,- card ran out and now would like to add a new card, but the "Preferences & Accounts" is greyed out on my 2.1.2 development Veer which I used to buy the apps with before.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    OK my USD 25,- card ran out and now would like to add a new card, but the "Preferences & Accounts" is greyed out on my 2.1.2 development Veer which I used to buy the apps with before.

Any suggestions?
    OK managed to sort this by just activating ANOTHER profile with another email address and adding the new card there. It's my development device, so I don't have anything interesting on there for the rest anyway
    Hi guys,

I live in Denmark and when I originally recieved it I activated it according to this guide to ensure I had access to paid apps, and this worked perfectly.

I've recently took my HP Pre 3 to use again and since I was having some issues with it installing/removing patches from Preware I decided to run Webosdoctor on it.

Now I don't have any access to global paid apps? How can this be?
    Hi, If my palm profile shows USA and it also shows the IMEI of my Pre3, thus I should able to get the US catalogue right? Thank you.