Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    ya there lucky
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Sorry for the kinda off topic question. Does anyone know the easiest and most secure way of getting an US credit card online.

Thanks!
    Question,

Does it matter from what location this is done. Could I set my profile up as if I where in England while I'm actually in the USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    Question,

Does it matter from what location this is done. Could I set my profile up as if I where in England while I'm actually in the USA?
    Yes, and you'd have access to the UK catalog, but you would need an european credit card. Do you really want this?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yes, and you'd have access to the UK catalog, but you would need an european credit card. Do you really want this?
    Well I have a Dutch credit card, so that seems the easiest, is there so much difference with the USA catalog?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugamok View Post
    Sorry for the kinda off topic question. Does anyone know the easiest and most secure way of getting an US credit card online.

Thanks!
    I use Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards

You need to have a valid US address, and you need to have someone with a US credit card or bank account purchase it for you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    Well I have a Dutch credit card, so that seems the easiest, is there so much difference with the USA catalog?
    Yes, there is a difference between those two catalogs. Especially in the areas of music streaming services.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hi

I just had to test this activation tool on my already activated pre2, but it didn't work - no access to app catalog. I was hoping for a miracle...

Could a workaround for already activated phones to use a fake generated device ID?

Super tool but to late for my pre2
  9.    #29  
    The identifier used by the app catalog is the IMEI/MEID.

In a lot of places, faking those things can be mistaken for, or interpreted as, a criminal act. The use of an identifier that you do not own could also affect someone else's legitimate use of that identifier in seriously damaging ways.

Hence it will not be recommended in this thread.

-- Rod
    rwhitby: That means that it coud work...
    (And no, I won't do so, since I live in a "supported" country)
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook real-time Facebook chat
    Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
    FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Yes it's illegal to change the IMEI. I really hope that HP/Palm opens up the App catalog for ww access. This is a very good example of it, these kind of tools shouldn't be needed. Now people spend there time to find workaround solution instead focus on main development tasks.

Has HP/Palm comment Impostah development?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by llamasson View Post
    Has HP/Palm comment Impostah development?
    I would not expect them to. Impostah simply emulates someone flying to the chosen country before actvating their device. After that the device is exactly the same as any other.

HP also gets 30% of all the sales of apps to devices activated using Impostah. That is revenue that HP and app developers would otherwise never receive.

-- Rod
    So I have updated my newly bought Palm Pre Plus to the newest OS version 2.1.0

Now I still have not activated it, but would live to try it the way it is mentioned here.

My Device ID is P101UEU though.

Will this not work?

Might I be lucky?

Do I fake the device ID with Impostah?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    So I have updated my newly bought Palm Pre Plus to the newest OS version 2.1.0

Now I still have not activated it, but would live to try it the way it is mentioned here.

My Device ID is P101UEU though.

Will this not work?

Might I be lucky?

Do I fake the device ID with Impostah?
    It should work fine without needing to fake anything. Just follow the exact same instructions as for the unlocked GSM Pre 2.

You are a guinea pig, so no guarantees, and no regrets if it does not work.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It should work fine without needing to fake anything. Just follow the exact same instructions as for the unlocked GSM Pre 2.

You are a guinea pig, so no guarantees, and no regrets if it does not work.

-- Rod
    This guinea pig is a happy pig.

After upgrading my pre plus to 2.1.0, started it in developer mode, loaded preware and then impostah.

Then went to an American fast fodd store with free wifi, so i could create my profile from within impostah.

Now I only had a skipped first use profile, so completely erased my profile from within the palm reset menu.

After restart I still had the small problem of needing to change the APN data for Vodafone hungary manually, but that's what I have to day on my Treo as well.

For the App catalog I use a Dutch Credit Card, after choosing Germany as my location.

Bought the preware guide, without any problems.

This man is a happy man!
    I read this whole thing, I know it has to be done with a brand new phone with no Palm Profile ever on it.

BUT what if I already had a Palm Profile configured to the US region?
    Which I actually do (when I had the Pre+), and I couldn't use with my Pre2 so I had to make a new one.

I mean could I use Impostah to log into my old profile and that way the all the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by soltrance View Post
    I read this whole thing, I know it has to be done with a brand new phone with no Palm Profile ever on it.

BUT what if I already had a Palm Profile configured to the US region?
    Which I actually do (when I had the Pre+), and I couldn't use with my Pre2 so I had to make a new one.

I mean could I use Impostah to log into my old profile and that way the all the app catalog?
    The profile country determines your payment options, but the actual app access depends on your device and country of first activation.

You *can* log into your profile using Impostah, but if your activation country is an unsupported one you won't get far.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    How can I tell if I was successful with Impostah? Is there a message indicating that the settings were made successfully?

I bought what I believed to be a non-activated locked Pre 2. I unlocked it, then ran Impostah with the hope of setting the catalog to US. At the same time, I chose to login to my previously created Palm profile, which I created with my Pre- in Canada.

I don't know if I was successful. Firstly, Impostah spit out a JSON file which doesn't give me any indication. Next, I went to my Palm profile, and even though I still have not inserted a SIM card, it is showing a Canadian phone number that I have never seen before. (It is a Ontario number, I live in BC.) Lastly, I successfully installed an app just now that should only be available in CA, but was unsuccessful at installing an app only available in the US.

Am I screwed? Was my phone already activated? Can I take a second shot at this?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I went to my Palm profile, and even though I still have not inserted a SIM card, it is showing a Canadian phone number that I have never seen before. (It is a Ontario number, I live in BC.)
    Your phone has been previously activated. That is the phone number of the person who activated it. The one chance to set the activation country has already been taken, and cannot be changed on the palm servers.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your phone has been previously activated. That is the phone number of the person who activated it. The one chance to set the activation country has already been taken, and cannot be changed on the palm servers.

-- Rod
    Crap.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast