Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 417
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #361  
    What about carrier-locked apps? I had a Pixi before, and I couldn't use many apps because I activated it on an unsupported carrier in the US. The instructions seem to only mention country spoofing. Is carrier no longer a problem on the Pre 2/Veer/Pre 3?

    Edit: I noticed that under Device Profile in Impostah, carrier was listed as ATT, so I decided to go ahead and try the activation. It worked and I do have access to the apps that used to say that my carrier was unsupported on my Pixi. Thank you!
    Last edited by Exhnozoaa; 11/28/2011 at 05:33 PM.
  2. #362  
    First of all rwhitby a BIG THANKS for this thread.

    Unfortunatelly I have not found it before, when I activated my new PRE 3, so I am stuck now with US catalog, and as I am in an unsupported country, no paid apps.

    But, I have bought another Pre 3 for my wife, as she liked mine (phone) very much, and followed your instructions to activate it using Impostah.

    As my wife has no interest in buying apps (for now), I would like to switch phones, ie. transfer all my data from my phone to her's. But, as I am a newbie in webOS world, it would be great if you or someone else, gave me instructions how to do it smoothly.
    I have installed a lot of homebrew apps, including Impostah and Save/Restore, and have general understanding of the process, but don't won't to make mistakes by not finding all the required information, like I did with my first Pre3.

    I have planned the following:
    1) Backup on my old phone (currently still failing)
    2) Use Save/Restore to save all my preware apps
    3) Backup of /media/internal to PC using SyncToy
    4) Do a full erase on new phone
    5) Login to my old profile
    6) Restore on a new phone
    7) Install Preware
    9) Restore homebrew apps using SaveRestore
    9) Restore /media/internal from PC

    On my old phone:
    1) Full erase
    2) Login to my wife's profile

    As I understood, I will have access to UK paid apps despite the fact that my profile location says US?
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by iivanov View Post
    First of all rwhitby a BIG THANKS for this thread.

    Unfortunatelly I have not found it before, when I activated my new PRE 3, so I am stuck now with US catalog, and as I am in an unsupported country, no paid apps.

    But, I have bought another Pre 3 for my wife, as she liked mine (phone) very much, and followed your instructions to activate it using Impostah.

    As my wife has no interest in buying apps (for now), I would like to switch phones, ie. transfer all my data from my phone to her's. But, as I am a newbie in webOS world, it would be great if you or someone else, gave me instructions how to do it smoothly.
    I have installed a lot of homebrew apps, including Impostah and Save/Restore, and have general understanding of the process, but don't won't to make mistakes by not finding all the required information, like I did with my first Pre3.

    I have planned the following:
    1) Backup on my old phone (currently still failing)
    2) Use Save/Restore to save all my preware apps
    3) Backup of /media/internal to PC using SyncToy
    4) Do a full erase on new phone
    5) Login to my old profile
    6) Restore on a new phone
    7) Install Preware
    9) Restore homebrew apps using SaveRestore
    9) Restore /media/internal from PC

    On my old phone:
    1) Full erase
    2) Login to my wife's profile

    As I understood, I will have access to UK paid apps despite the fact that my profile location says US?
    First of all, just activate the new Pre 3 following the instructions in OP of this thread using a test e-mail address. You will be fine after that, no matter what you do. After that, you can do a Erase Apps and Data, log into your old profile, and restore all your homebrew using Save/Restore.

    However, if you're in an unsupported country, your next worry should be how to pay for apps, since you need a credit card from your App Cat region.

    Ways around that are virtual credit cards/account;
    For US:
    - Simon Malls (see this thread and other)
    - usunlocked.com: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...country-3.html
    For Europe and more:
    WIRECARD AG
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    However, if you're in an unsupported country, your next worry should be how to pay for apps, since you need a credit card from your App Cat region.
    Thanks for the info.
    I already have a WIRECARD card, so it shouldn't be a problem paying for apps.

    My main concern now is that the backups on my old Pre3 are failing (as well as on the new one), so I will not start the move before the backup starts working again.
  5. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by iivanov View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I already have a WIRECARD card, so it shouldn't be a problem paying for apps.

    My main concern now is that the backups on my old Pre3 are failing (as well as on the new one), so I will not start the move before the backup starts working again.
    A lot of people are having that problem at the moment. "The geeks are working on it".
    You're right to wait.
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    A lot of people are having that problem at the moment. "The geeks are working on it".
    You're right to wait.
    The backup is working on my old phone, but not on my new one, the one with Dr.Skipped Firstuse.
    I can't backup, nor can I turn backup off to delete the backups on server.

    Is it ok to continue with erasing all data and doctoring it?
    I would like also to get rid of the Dr.Skipped account.

    Thx.
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by iivanov View Post
    The backup is working on my old phone, but not on my new one, the one with Dr.Skipped Firstuse.
    I can't backup, nor can I turn backup off to delete the backups on server.

    Is it ok to continue with erasing all data and doctoring it?
    I would like also to get rid of the Dr.Skipped account.

    Thx.
    The Dr Skipped account is a known issue. If you Erase all Apps and Data, there is no need to redoctor. Please make 100% sure you activate the new device for the very first time using Impostah. There are no second 'only chances'.
  8. #368  
    Well, well, well...

    The USUnlocked has problems with Visa and has changed to Mastercard. Since than, I cannot add a credit card to my webOS AppCatalog account.

    So... until I know, Simon and Wirecard don't accept charge using Paypal.

    There is some other option that accept payments from Paypal?


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  9. #369  
    I have an unlocked Veer and live in Macedonia. I am trying to use Impostah to create a profile for USA.

    10) Hit "Login To Profile" to log into your existing Palm Profile, or "Create New Profile" to create a new Palm Profile. Confirm your request.

    At this point after entering email address and password and selecting "create new profile" I get an error msg, "Impostah...service error (createDeviceAccount)0

    What have I done wrong and how to correct it?

    Grateful for the help,

    Charles
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    I have an unlocked Veer and live in Macedonia. I am trying to use Impostah to create a profile for USA.

    10) Hit "Login To Profile" to log into your existing Palm Profile, or "Create New Profile" to create a new Palm Profile. Confirm your request.

    At this point after entering email address and password and selecting "create new profile" I get an error msg, "Impostah...service error (createDeviceAccount)0

    What have I done wrong and how to correct it?

    Grateful for the help,

    Charles
    That usually means that you don't have a network connection.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #371  
    That usually means that you don't have a network connection.

    -- Rod

    I am trying to use WiFi because I cannot get cell connection in Macedonia. I thought WiFi was possible based on the instructions about removing Sim card.

    Can the profile be made with WiFi?

    Thanks,

    Charles
  12. #372  
    found the problem....bad WiFi connection

    Profile established

    Thank you Rod
  13. jdlashley's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #373  
    Would this work with a refurbished Veer, or would I have to buy a new one?
  14. #374  
    Here is an update and a warning. (sorry for the long post)

    I followed the steps in this thread to activate my wife's phone, and it worked fine.
    I had access to App Catalog paid apps!

    The problems started when i tried to switch my wife's phone to my account.
    Following the instructions found on this forum, I did the following in preparation for the process:
    1) Backup my phone
    2) Save/Restore - save all homebrew apps settings
    3) Used SyncToy to backup the /media/internal

    As HP allows only one phone by account (grrrr), I followed the steps required to protect the data on my phone found here: StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

    So far, so good. In order to switch it I:
    1) set backups to off
    2) reset the palm profile using impostah
    3) did the complete erase of her phone.
    4) Reset the phone
    5) Connected the phone to my account
    6) After the reset, it restored my data from my account
    But:
    I could not access the App Catalog paid apps!
    As if there is something else blocking it!
    Maybe something in my account?
    I don't know, but the whole operation was useless.
    So, I decided to revert everything in order to have at least one phone access to paid apps.
    I followed the same steps above to remove the phone from my account and reassign it to my wife's account.

    And then disaster strikes in!
    When I connected my phone to my profile, without any notice, my phone data was wiped!
    I don't know what exactly triggered it, was it my seting backups off on my wife's phone, or just the fact of switching phones in the account, but I was left without my installed apps. Interestingly, not all of my data was wiped off, I still have my contacts, SMS, pictures, but no homebrew apps and patches.
    Ok, no problem, let me use the instructions from the webos survival kit.

    Installed Preware, installed Save/Restore, restored preware only, restarted the device...
    Nothing, all my apps are gone.
    I thought that after restore i would have all previously installed homebrew apps in preware Saved Package List, but there are only Impostah, Save/Restore, Preware, Quickoffice.
    I stopped here.

    Is there a way to get it back, or must I reinstall them manually?
    What is the proper way to reinstall apps in preware?

    Thx

    (Update) It seems that the patches survived, but no sign of them in Preware. Should I EPR?
    Last edited by iivanov; 12/16/2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: New facts
  15. #375  
    GuyFromNam,

    Please see my last message.
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A full erase on the TouchPad can change it's app catalog country. If you then use that same profile on a phone, the phone changes app catalog country to match. The TouchPad is the easiest (and only) way to change the geo-restriction on a phone.

    -- Rod
    The touchpad is on my way, and as I scr..d up with my Pre 3 by not activating it with Impostah, I would appreciate a little help from you guys.

    I would like to activate touchpad with US as country.
    My account profile says I am in US, but the Pre 3 was activated in Croatia, so I don't have paid app access.
    1) Should I add the new touchpad to my current account, or should I create a new profile?
    2) If I add the touchpad to my old profile will it use the activation from my Pre, or will I be able to set it to US?
    3) Will the touchpad country reflect the app country on my Pre3 (as it seems in Rod's post)?

    Thanks.
  17. mullern's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #377  
    Rod, how does a TP 4G behave? More like a TP ("free" activation into any catalog) or more like a phone (activation according to SIM country, i.e. nothing if not an official country).
    If first, no problem, I will first try to activate the 4G anyway without SIM card inserted. And hope it is unlocked.........
    If latter, is the process in post#1 applicable? How can the kb be activated between steps 2 and 3?
    Thanks
    Last edited by mullern; 01/24/2012 at 12:19 AM.
  18. #378  
    ok guys, for those in an unsupported country (like myself) and would like access to US paid apps, i have great news for you, i found a website that issues US debit cards online! I applied for one and i got it yesterday and it works!

    i don't want to give the name of the website here in case hp decide to block those cards!

    pm me if u're interested!
  19. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #379  
    Already activated my Pre3 with Impostah for UK catalog and it's been working great.

    Now im about to pickup my first Touchpad from the post office. Can I just add the Touchpad to the same e-mail adress or what would be the best solution?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  20. #380  
    You can add it to the same account or create a new one, it's up to You.

    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $if$ $You$ $add$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $same$ $account$, $it$ $will$ $pick$ $up$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$ $settings$ $of$ $Your$ $PRE$, $so$ $You$ $will$ $have$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $UK$ $catalog$. $If$ $You$ $want$ $access$ $to$ $US$ $catalog$ $instead$, $create$ $a$ $new$ $account$. $The$ $benefit$ $of$ $having$ $them$ $both$ $on$ $the$ $same$ $account$ $is$ $more$ $TTS$ $options$.

    HTH

Posting Permissions