Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 417
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    Just one silly (?) question.
    Before turning the device on (step 2) don't i need to charge it?
    If i turn it on just after taking it out of the box, the battery of the device will not be charged.
    All devices come with partially charged batteries. I would recommend being plugged into power or a PC for any activation or doctoring procedure anyway.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #302  
    Thank you Rod
    My last sentence was to express a concern, related to previous questions.
    For instance, if Activation in Impostah changes only product ID but not all of the fields I mentioned, then, once they are locked forever as you explained, even if the association to HP catalog succeeded, there will be a door open for HP or palm to further audit their records and find out guys who used the trick. And kick them off accounts, irreparably.

    Then again, I fail to see what value this would bring to HP or successive webOS owners.

    Sorry to say but this situation is still not clear because your answers are not precise to my questions.
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Thank you Rod
    My last sentence was to express a concern, related to previous questions.
    For instance, if Activation in Impostah changes only product ID but not all of the fields I mentioned, then, once they are locked forever as you explained, even if the association to HP catalog succeeded, there will be a door open for HP or palm to further audit their records and find out guys who used the trick. And kick them off accounts, irreparably.

    Then again, I fail to see what value this would bring to HP or successive webOS owners.

    Sorry to say but this situation is still not clear because your answers are not precise to my questions.
    You seems to have a very skewed view of HP's relationship with the homebrew community. No-one has ever been kicked off an account in the history of webOS.

    Can you summarise exactly what state your device is in, what you want to do, and what your concerns are which haven't already been answered in any of the other posts in this thread? (I assume you've read the whole thread already)

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All devices come with partially charged batteries
    I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I would recommend being plugged into power or a PC for any activation or doctoring procedure anyway.
    So, before step 15 it is a good choice to charge the battery of the device.

    Can i charge the veer (plugging it into a power socket of my house) between step 1 and step 2, while the device is still turned off?
    Last edited by Trovatore; 10/15/2011 at 04:36 AM.
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You seems to have a very skewed view of HP's relationship with the homebrew community. No-one has ever been kicked off an account in the history of webOS.

    Can you summarise exactly what state your device is in, what you want to do, and what your concerns are which haven't already been answered in any of the other posts in this thread? (I assume you've read the whole thread already)

    -- Rod
    I may have a skewed view; if so - I am sorry.
    I am a newcomer to palm stuff. One thing I know is Apple very keen on closing the loopholes with jailbreakers. Once I learn more, I may feel more at ease

    I have a new AT&T pre3 that I opened, powered up, skipped 1st use by going into DEV mode.
    It is still SIM-locked since I never inserted a SIM.
    I enabled WiFi and installed Impostah.
    I tried to to run System Update once but it hung.
    There was a "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" profile that I deleted.
    ROM and IDs are still untouched. WiFi disabled.
    I have Webos Quick Install on my PC and 2 doctors - ATT and ROW.

    I want to use the phone with my Touchpad and Australian account.
    But first I would like to try AT&T Nav software and Amazon MP3.

    Since this thread is for Global Catalog access, and not impersonation as such, the following concerns are not clear to me:

    1. What's the difference or relation between impersonation and global catalog access activation? This is why I asked what Impostah does to IDs during the Activation scene.

    2. Can I safely keep the AT&T firmware and IDs while still being on Australian account and App Store? Because if Activation keeps some IDs untouched then hp/palm can later figure out and possibly block access to stores.

    3. Should I do impersonation first, then flash with UK doctor and activate normally, using 1st boot? And what would be different from using Impostah activation?

    4. I noticed there are many IDs which may "betray" the locked nature of my phone, which ones are actually used for permanent non-volatile token generation?

    Maybe this is too technical; I am just being overly concerned about the permanent nature of the 1st activation...
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    I may have a skewed view; if so - I am sorry.
    I am a newcomer to palm stuff. One thing I know is Apple very keen on closing the loopholes with jailbreakers. Once I learn more, I may feel more at ease

    I have a new AT&T pre3 that I opened, powered up, skipped 1st use by going into DEV mode.
    It is still SIM-locked since I never inserted a SIM.
    I enabled WiFi and installed Impostah.
    I tried to to run System Update once but it hung.
    There was a "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" profile that I deleted.
    ROM and IDs are still untouched. WiFi disabled.
    I have Webos Quick Install on my PC and 2 doctors - ATT and ROW.

    I want to use the phone with my Touchpad and Australian account.
    But first I would like to try AT&T Nav software and Amazon MP3.

    Since this thread is for Global Catalog access, and not impersonation as such, the following concerns are not clear to me:

    1. What's the difference or relation between impersonation and global catalog access activation? This is why I asked what Impostah does to IDs during the Activation scene.

    2. Can I safely keep the AT&T firmware and IDs while still being on Australian account and App Store? Because if Activation keeps some IDs untouched then hp/palm can later figure out and possibly block access to stores.

    3. Should I do impersonation first, then flash with UK doctor and activate normally, using 1st boot? And what would be different from using Impostah activation?

    4. I noticed there are many IDs which may "betray" the locked nature of my phone, which ones are actually used for permanent non-volatile token generation?

    Maybe this is too technical; I am just being overly concerned about the permanent nature of the 1st activation...
    Watch (which was presented by me at a HP/Palm developer conference, to which they flew me in from Australia) to get an idea of the relationship to homebrew. It's quite different from Apple.

    Impersonation is changing the device tokens so that can you flash with a different doctor. Impersonation and app catalog activation are largely orthogonal. As the wiki page says, impersonation is superfluous now, since AT&T Pre 3 doctor and OTA are both available.

    Since you've got a TouchPad, if you use the same profile as on the TouchPad, there are reports that will fix the app catalog country setting on the Pre 3 anyway.

    So just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to activate for the australian catalog. Then log in with the profile from your TouchPad. Forget about everything else - your paranoia is overcomplicating things.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #307  
    I activated for Oz store, check my Oz profile - it is there.
    Went to hp app catalog and bought Preware Doc Kit.
    But it says "Download failed"...

    OK I inserted the SIM and entered the unlock code and now it downloaded successfully!

    THANK YOU

    BTW I donated to webos internalz
    Last edited by cubeover; 10/15/2011 at 05:36 AM.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    I activated for Oz store, check my Oz profile - it is there.
    Went to hp app catalog and bought Preware Doc Kit.
    But it says "Download failed"...

    OK I inserted the SIM and entered the unlock code and now it downloaded successfully!

    THANK YOU

    BTW I donated to webos internalz
    Did you do step 15 in full ?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #309  
    Hi Rod, I am amazed to find such an expert like you helping in the forums.. really appreciate your knowledge and time to help us.
    I am a new Pre3 (AT&T, Unlocked with WebOS 2.2.3 installed) I have unlocked this phone using the Devmode trick. yesterday I have installed the Preware and Impostah. Using Impostah, I have activated my Pre 3 with my Palm profile on which I can see my Pre 3 listed.

    I have followed all of your steps in the first post of this thread EXCEPT kept the SIM card in the phone all the time. So, now I can see ONLY US App Store no other country change options that I can see. How to get it.
    Also you have advised to do the full erase at the end, but when I does that, I have lost all of my apps, phone got locked etc, I re-did everything..
    So, what I am missing here? How to see the other countries App Stores?

    BTW, I did watch your Video.. First slide is funny but I liked your accent, Diff from our standard US style..

    Again, thanks for your time in helping us out.. all we are kids for WebOS..
    Regards,
    Pre3 <3er
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Using Impostah, I have activated my Pre 3 with my Palm profile on which I can see my Pre 3 listed.

    I have followed all of your steps in the first post of this thread EXCEPT kept the SIM card in the phone all the time. So, now I can see ONLY US App Store no other country change options that I can see. How to get it.
    Also you have advised to do the full erase at the end, but when I does that, I have lost all of my apps, phone got locked etc, I re-did everything..
    So, what I am missing here? How to see the other countries App Stores?
    The instructions say to leave the SIM out.

    Re-read the first post, especially the part about this process only working when the device has never logged into a Palm profile. Since you've already done that, this process is no longer able to be used by you on your device.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    15) To make sure everything has been initialised correctly, you must now turn off backups (to erase the backup on the server), do a full erase on your device, run the webOS Doctor,
    How is this "full erease" performed? How can i do that on a Veer?
    Last edited by Trovatore; 10/16/2011 at 01:45 PM.
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is now possible to activate a new unlocked GSM Pre 2, Pre 3 or Veer device for global paid app catalog access.

    Click to view quoted image

    This procedure is only for unlocked GSM Pre 2 devices, purchased directly from HP - these devices have model codes P102UNA or P102UEU. If you purchased a Verizon Pre 2 device, you should activate it on Verizon for paid app catalog access. This procedure also works for the Pre 3 and Veer. This procedure is not for any other device. This procedure will not work if the device has previously had a Palm Profile on it at any time since it was manufactured.

    Note that the credit/debit cards you can use are severely limited by the activation country chosen, are determined by HP/Palm, and cannot be changed. In general, there are North American countries and European countries, and the credit/debit cards supported for each are different.

    Here are the steps. You should not skip any of them - step 14 is especially important.

    1) Take the device out of the box. Do not insert a SIM card.

    2) Turn the device on. Wait for it to boot. It will show a graphical screen directing you to insert a SIM card. Do not insert a SIM card.

    3) Type #* on the keyboard, the phone dial pad will appear.

    4) Continue to type the rest of #*3386633# (the #* should already be showing) on the dial pad and hit the green phone key to dial the number. Note that you still should not have a SIM inserted.

    5) The "Developer Mode" app will open. Turn on Developer Mode. Do NOT set a password. Your device will reboot.

    6) Once the device has booted, you should connect to WiFi (you must have a stable WiFi connection available for the rest of this procedure), and install Preware and Impostah.

    7) Open Impostah, and access the "Activation" scene.

    8) Select your desired activation country and language.

    9) Enter your desired Palm Profile email address and password. You may use an existing Palm Profile or create a new one. If you are doing this for the first time, you may wish to create a new profile for testing before you commit to using your real Palm Profile.

    10) Hit "Login To Profile" to log into your existing Palm Profile, or "Create New Profile" to create a new Palm Profile. Confirm your request.

    11) Your device is now activated for paid app catalog access in your desired country and language. Go to http://palm.com/palmprofile and confirm that your device has been correctly registered.

    12) Open the App Catalog and confirm that you have paid app catalog access. You can test this by purchasing the Preware Homebrew Documentation app. A 5 star rating is a also a good way to show your thanks.

    13) If you wish to insert a SIM card, now is the time to do it.

    14) Donate to WebOS Internals. Do this before you spend all your money on apps

    15) To make sure everything has been initialised correctly, you must now turn off backups (to erase the backup on the server), do a full erase on your device, run the webOS Doctor, and go through the normal official sign-in process. Since your device has been pre-activated with Impostah, you will retain your app catalog country settings.

    Note that this procedure is performed at your own risk. The worst that can happen is that you don't get paid app catalog access. If Palm changes anything on the app catalog servers, this procedure may be invalidated without warning. They have done so before, and could do so again.

    Here are some screenshots of the results, which also show the credit card options:

    For France, Germany and the United Kingdom, the credit card options are Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain and United Kingdom. For Canada, the credit card options are Canada or United States. For United States, then credit card options are Canada, United States and Mexico.

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image

    -- Rod
    Hi,
    did everything until step 9, at this point I login to my profile with app catlog german and french language, and I cannot login to my aaccount abay more, although the login data are correct (i can see on the online account they are). I things did go wrong is there something irreversible? i see on athe online account that it is stuck to uk and english.
    palm Vx - treo170 - tre600 - treo650 (2x) - centro - Palm Pre - Pre3 DE - Pre3 UK (current)
  13. #313  
    For step 15, I doctored it into 2.2.3 (had 2.2.0 as shipped) and there was a brief "first run" where I basically chose "English" and logged into my profile. It did not let me select country, but link to Australian profile worked. Can buy apps now. Yep, and the apps that I bought/downloaded on Touchpad - suddenly they are synced on Pre3, too!

    One funny thing I noticed is that in Palm Profile, my pre's PRODUCT ID is not shown at all, just the IMEI and SERIAL No. But the version number is correctly shown as 2.2.3 (was 2.2.0 in profile).

    Thanks again, Rod. I have no further worries now.
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    For step 15, I doctored it into 2.2.3 (had 2.2.0 as shipped) and there was a brief "first run" where I basically chose "English" and logged into my profile. It did not let me select country, but link to Australian profile worked. Can buy apps now. Yep, and the apps that I bought/downloaded on Touchpad - suddenly they are synced on Pre3, too!

    One funny thing I noticed is that in Palm Profile, my pre's PRODUCT ID is not shown at all, just the IMEI and SERIAL No. But the version number is correctly shown as 2.2.3 (was 2.2.0 in profile).

    Thanks again, Rod. I have no further worries now.
    Product ID only gets set for TouchPads. It's a recent addition.

    -- Rod
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is now possible to activate a new unlocked GSM Pre 2, Pre 3 or Veer device for global paid app catalog access.

    Click to view quoted image

    This procedure is only for unlocked GSM Pre 2 devices, purchased directly from HP - these devices have model codes P102UNA or P102UEU. If you purchased a Verizon Pre 2 device, you should activate it on Verizon for paid app catalog access. This procedure also works for the Pre 3 and Veer. This procedure is not for any other device. This procedure will not work if the device has previously had a Palm Profile on it at any time since it was manufactured.

    Note that the credit/debit cards you can use are severely limited by the activation country chosen, are determined by HP/Palm, and cannot be changed. In general, there are North American countries and European countries, and the credit/debit cards supported for each are different.

    Here are the steps. You should not skip any of them - step 14 is especially important.

    1) Take the device out of the box. Do not insert a SIM card.

    2) Turn the device on. Wait for it to boot. It will show a graphical screen directing you to insert a SIM card. Do not insert a SIM card.

    3) Type #* on the keyboard, the phone dial pad will appear.

    4) Continue to type the rest of #*3386633# (the #* should already be showing) on the dial pad and hit the green phone key to dial the number. Note that you still should not have a SIM inserted.

    5) The "Developer Mode" app will open. Turn on Developer Mode. Do NOT set a password. Your device will reboot.

    6) Once the device has booted, you should connect to WiFi (you must have a stable WiFi connection available for the rest of this procedure), and install Preware and Impostah.

    7) Open Impostah, and access the "Activation" scene.

    8) Select your desired activation country and language.

    9) Enter your desired Palm Profile email address and password. You may use an existing Palm Profile or create a new one. If you are doing this for the first time, you may wish to create a new profile for testing before you commit to using your real Palm Profile.

    10) Hit "Login To Profile" to log into your existing Palm Profile, or "Create New Profile" to create a new Palm Profile. Confirm your request.

    11) Your device is now activated for paid app catalog access in your desired country and language. Go to http://palm.com/palmprofile and confirm that your device has been correctly registered.

    12) Open the App Catalog and confirm that you have paid app catalog access. You can test this by purchasing the Preware Homebrew Documentation app. A 5 star rating is a also a good way to show your thanks.

    13) If you wish to insert a SIM card, now is the time to do it.

    14) Donate to WebOS Internals. Do this before you spend all your money on apps

    15) To make sure everything has been initialised correctly, you must now turn off backups (to erase the backup on the server), do a full erase on your device, run the webOS Doctor, and go through the normal official sign-in process. Since your device has been pre-activated with Impostah, you will retain your app catalog country settings.

    Note that this procedure is performed at your own risk. The worst that can happen is that you don't get paid app catalog access. If Palm changes anything on the app catalog servers, this procedure may be invalidated without warning. They have done so before, and could do so again.

    Here are some screenshots of the results, which also show the credit card options:

    For France, Germany and the United Kingdom, the credit card options are Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain and United Kingdom. For Canada, the credit card options are Canada or United States. For United States, then credit card options are Canada, United States and Mexico.

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image

    -- Rod
    Hi,
    now my old pre has restarted to erase itself , my new pre3 is blocked on UK and english(I wanted french and I have painfully got a german crdit card). The online account is also on uk and english, what can I do now??? The Pre3 does not want to access the account, impostah service error, authenticate from device". Now, a monday morning, I do not have neither my pre nor my pre3 working!!! The sim is still in the old pre.
    I really hope I haven't lost my account data, that would make me mad.

    please HELP!!!
    palm Vx - treo170 - tre600 - treo650 (2x) - centro - Palm Pre - Pre3 DE - Pre3 UK (current)
  16. #316  
    Hey zzlazz
    1. You had an account previously - in what country? You haven't filled your profile.
    2. Was yours a new pre3, never fumbled with? Was it brand new in a sealed box or someone may have played with it before?
  17. #317  
    [Summarized from here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...esnt-work.html ]

    First, I'd like to say thanks again to Rod Whitby and webOS Internals.

    I met Rod briefly the last week in Sunnyvale, at the webOS Meet-up. While there, I was trying to get my Pre 3 activated to the US App Catalog with plans to just use it as a Wi-Fi only device.

    On the advice and generosity of a Palm employee there, I borrowed his AT&T SIM card and activated my Pre 3. That's how I'd activated my unlocked GSM Pre 2 to use as Wi-Fi only months ago, and that had worked fine.

    But my Pre 3 couldn't download anything from the App Catalog (though it could see the apps). The following is what I've tried to do to solve it.

    This isn't *quite* the problem addressed in this thread, but it seems very related...Maybe someone in here can help?

    I seem to have mostly succeeded, but my Pre3 seems to be in a weird, not-quite-set-up-right state...


    DAYS 1-2
    =======================

    Hey there,

    Just a couple of days ago, with a borrowed AT&T SIM, I activated a GSM Pre3, creating a new profile, then when it turned off to reboot, I removed the SIM card.

    My plan is to just keep it in airplane mode and use it via WiFi.

    Then I went home and tried to play with the App Catalog. I can browse it, but I can't download anything from it, free or not; the download fails after trying. The download progress bar doesn't make any progress. The phone's only using wifi.

    In the app menu in the App Catalog, my "Preferences & Accounts" option was grayed out.

    This morning, I remembered about the email verification email that I should have gotten from HP from creating a new profile. I found it and clicked the verification link therein. I just logged into my profile via the browser, and my webOS Account Status says "Email verified".

    I tried again to go into the App Catalog (less than 5 minutes after verifying my email), and the "Preferences & Accounts" menu option is still gray and unavailable. When I try to buy a paid app, it says "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

    The Wifi network is fine; I've just verified by loading a page in the browser.

    What could be wrong with my App Catalog access? How do I fix it?

    This isn't exactly my first webOS rodeo; I've had a Pre, an unlocked Pre2 (which I did pretty much the same thing for--borrowed SIM to activate, then use as wifi-only, App Catalog access is fine), and a TouchPad (shares the profile from the Pre).

    I've never come across this problem before...

    -- STITCHING IN A FOLLOW-UP MESSAGE --

    I've tried an old Cingular SIM (no active account on it), an old AT&T SIM (no account on it), and even a TalkMobile SIM (from the UK).

    None of those made any difference in the App Catalog. Downloads always fail, and the Preferences & Accounts menu option is always gray.

    I even went into the SIM Toolkit app several times, with each of the SIMs installed, and each time, the app advised that the "menu" could only be used after the phone had been on for 30 seconds. It gave me that message even after definitely waiting for longer than 30 seconds.

    Perhaps troubling on a different front is that, even with the UK SIM in there, the Pre 3 didn't ask for an unlock code, which I thought it was supposed to do (as soon as it detects a non-AT&T SIM in the slot).

    Anyone got any other ideas about what to try???



    DAYS 3-5 (includes a weekend)
    ================================

    Hey, so I don't have much in the way of definitive answers, but I've made some progress.

    Here's the story from where I last left off...

    1. I posted most of what I'd said by that point in this thread into a post in the Palm support forums (as of right now, no responses):
    2. Activated AT&T Pre3, wifi now, but App Catalog doe... - Support Community
    3. I tried Impostah to just install from there using the app IDs for the apps in which I was interested, both free ones and paid ones. Those downloads also failed with no helpful error messages
    4. Then I had a looooong chat with Palm tech support, starting here: Palm.com : Support Phones . I chose to start the process using the "HP Veer" option. Not much useful happened in that chat, but the agent did suggest that maybe a doctoring would help.
    5. I doctored it using the ATT Pre 3 webOS Doctor available here: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    6. I followed steps 1-12 detailed in this PreCentral thread: Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah) (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html ) At step 8, I did not have to set an activation country and language as that seemed to have been remembered from before (probably from the borrowed AT&T SIM I first used). At step 9, I created a new Palm Profile to use during this round of exploration. At step 12, wherein I was supposed to be able to confirm that I had paid App catalog access, I could successfully download free apps (Facebook, Skype, Clock Sync, Maps update), but paid apps still failed without making any progress. Note that this was all with an empty SIM slot.
    7. I successfully unlocked the device. I put in an active T-Mobile SIM in there, booted it while in airplane mode, and the first screen after the HP blinking circle screen was dialpad screen asking me to enter an Unlock Code. I did, and it worked. I immediately placed a test call successfully with that SIM in into it, and the receiving phone showed that person's phone number, as it should.
    8. I took a break from working with it, and, hours later, I just monkeyed around in Impostah a bunch more, and this is where it gets fuzzy, 'cause it was late by then. I think I spent most of my time in the Activation, App Catalog, Palm Profile, Accounts, and Backups scenes, both just viewing things and trying various things that mostly seemed to not make much difference. I also turned off the webOS automatic Backups a couple of times in that mix. I also managed to delete the Dr. Skipped Firstuse webOS account/profile from the device so that it no longer shows up in the Accounts app. But free apps still seem to download and install successfully...and I seem to be logged into my test profile. Note that I have not yet gone to step 15 of the "Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)" thread, wherein you're supposed to doctor it again and activate/sign into the phone normally with. Mostly I've held off on it, because I'm afraid of losing the progress I've made so far. That and I don't have an active, data-enabled AT&T sim. My Accounts app is empty, not showing any webOS profile (it should, shouldn't it?), even though Impostah shows me signed in to my test profile.
    9. Then, at some point, I went into the App Catalog, went into the details of a paid app (Homebrew Documentation), and tapped the "Download for $..." button. I then got a "Payment Setup" scene!!! So just now, I put in my credit card info, and I successfully downloaded the Preware Homebrew Application!


    And I don't know which of my monkeying around bits actually made the difference!

    So, now I've got a few main questions about how to proceed:
    • Is my Pre3 in some crazy intermediate state without a webOS profile really attached to it? It doesn't show any accounts in the Account app (I haven't added any email/contact/calendar/Skype/etc. accounts), but I'm concerned that it doesn't show the webOS account. The email and calendar accounts don't show any defaul accounts (should be the webOS profile, at least, I suspect).
    • If it is in some wacky state, do I need to doctor it to ensure that it goes into a normal state? In order, to ensure that, as step 15 in the Global Paid App Catalog thread says, "everything has been initialised correctly"? 'cause it doesn't seem like everything has been correctly initialized. But I don't like the possibility of losing the progress that I've made! Gr!



    And I just found a patch that brings back the First Use app and allows you to run it...Maybe that's all I need?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-1-4-5-a.html
  18.    #318  
    Shadowhawk: do step 15.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. mullern's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #319  
    Hi,
    after PRE and PRE+, I received a PRE3, all bought in Germany, and first activated in Germany. Access to German App Catalog working. I am now on a SWISSCOM SIM card in Switzerland.
    Last weekend, I doctored the PRE3 (as I had done it several times with PRE and PRE+ also), and after the Doctor, the PRE3 had no access anymore to the App Catalog. Impostah shows activation country "CH" and access "false". For all these operations, I always used the same HP profile.

    What went wrong? I tried svereal things to get the German App Catalog back, but so far no success. Any suggestions what I could do?

    Thanks
    Ernst
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Hi,
    after PRE and PRE+, I received a PRE3, all bought in Germany, and first activated in Germany. Access to German App Catalog working. I am now on a SWISSCOM SIM card in Switzerland.
    Last weekend, I doctored the PRE3 (as I had done it several times with PRE and PRE+ also), and after the Doctor, the PRE3 had no access anymore to the App Catalog. Impostah shows activation country "CH" and access "false". For all these operations, I always used the same HP profile.

    What went wrong? I tried svereal things to get the German App Catalog back, but so far no success. Any suggestions what I could do?

    Thanks
    Ernst
    After doctoring the device, did you log into a profile with a SIM card in the device?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions