Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That depends on which credit card you have to match the app catalog country you choose.

-- Rod
    Yes, I realize that. To me it doesn't mather if I have to set up a German or an American credit card, I just want the app cat. that has the most to offer, as I have no way of reversing the choice as I understand. Are the German and the US app cat. Completelly the same?

Thank you
    Rune
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runej View Post
    Yes, I realize that. To me it doesn't mather if I have to set up a German or an American credit card, I just want the app cat. that has the most to offer, as I have no way of reversing the choice as I understand. Are the German and the US app cat. Completelly the same?
    No, they are not.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me? I wrongly activated with my Australian SIM so the Pre 3 got activated with the Australian store.

I did the Doctor and DEV Mode and redid the activation but it still sticks to the Australian store.

How can I change it to the US?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    Can anyone help me? I wrongly [that's the definitive point] activated with my Australian SIM so the Pre 3 got activated with the Australian store.

I did the Doctor and DEV Mode and redid the activation but it still sticks to the Australian store.

How can I change it to the US?
    Unfortunately, you cannot. Sorry.
    EDIT: that said people are reporting TouchPad activation can change your Preł affiliation, search back a bit for "TouchPad" for more.
    Last edited by brum; 10/10/2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    No, they are not.

-- Rod
    Allriiiight.....Do you or anyone else care to elaborate on that? Maybe what the difference is? Maybe the amount of apps, the price could be different, anything that might have an effect on the choice.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    The screen captures in the first post appear to me to have multiple billing country selection options for the App Catalogue after activation, is this an ability to change Catalog country country affiliation after activation because of particular Impostah setup?
    The post seems to detail a way to select only one Catalog Setting.

My Preł arrived this morning (I've stopped at Step 8) and my TouchPad is set to Aust, can I keep access to more than one Catalogue with both/either devices?
    For instance, if I:
    - activate the Preł with US Catalog and leave my TouchPad on Aust catalog
    - log into the same profile, will that grant me access to apps downloaded from either device?

(Sorry if I've missed an obvious point here, I've searched the thread to no avail.)
    Last edited by brum; 10/10/2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runej View Post
    Allriiiight.....Do you or anyone else care to elaborate on that? Maybe what the difference is? Maybe the amount of apps, the price could be different, anything that might have an effect on the choice.

Thanks
    The main part is availability, Rod answered simply because he's super busy and you can find out pretty simply through this thread and others using the Search function. The answer is, app availability requires the app to have been made available by the developer for that particular country then (approved again). US App Catalog will likely have the most apps but as with some other country's catalogues will also have country specific apps. You can find the billing complications in the OP.
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    The screen captures in the first post appear to me to have multiple billing country selection options for the App Catalogue after activation, is this an ability to change Catalog country country affiliation after activation because of particular Impostah setup?
    The post seems to detail a way to select only one Catalog Setting.
    Those screenshots came from different devices each of which was used to test an initial (and therefore final) country setting.

Now you know why WebOS Internals needs lots of donations for developer devices ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Those screenshots came from different devices each of which was used to test an initial (and therefore final) country setting.

Now you know why WebOS Internals needs lots of donations for developer devices ...

-- Rod
    Oh, that reminds me, since you don't have a screenie for the Australian App cat, well, here it is:

Can't take the apps view though as it keeps activating search
    Last edited by Fatfool; 10/11/2011 at 05:22 AM.
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Oh, that reminds me, since you don't have a screenie for the Australian App cat, well, here it is:
    Added, thanks.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Start with the physical, end with the scren pad.

You can also use the physical one for the entire process IIRC
    What do you mean by "IIRC" ?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    What do you mean by "IIRC" ?
    - If I recall correctly.
    Let me google that for you
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Rod, I don't know what this option is enabling me to do but I've activated US. What is the drop down giving me access to?

(Maybe you can use it for something too?)
    [EDIT:Image broke.]
    Last edited by brum; 10/12/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked AT&T Veer in the UK. I followed the instructions and successfully set up an UK profile. I'm just about to do the full erase & doctor. Should I use the AT&T doctor, or the UK doctor?
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Rod, I don't know what this option is enabling me to do but I've activated US. What is the drop down giving me access to?

I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what that drop down does. Anyone know?
    Guys, what's going on? Precentral feed is broken, WebOS-internal feeeds are broken.
    I installed Preware but cannot get the more important Im*h tool. Only stupid themes are available.
    I read the bit on enabling the testing feed where the tool lives but it requires CLI access.
    I downloaded the SDK but it does not have NOVATERM.
    Donwloaded the novaterm1.zip but it crashes at start.
    I am stuck.
    Need to put Pre3 in a better mood before 1st activation...

{UPDATE} - feeds are back
    Last edited by cubeover; 10/14/2011 at 05:59 AM.
    A couple of questions, Rod, if I may...
    I see that server profile contains these fields:
    Device ID, Serial No, Prodiuct Code.

1. When I will do "Activation" of AT&T Pre3 into Australian profile using Impostah, will it "override" any of these?

2. Does Device ID indicate the country of release or carrier? Or is it just random hash a-la 802.3 MAC

3. Are there any other hidden fileds checked when accessing profile that may betray ATT origin of my pre3? (like ROM version)

I want hp/palm completely at ease, even if they tighten up "security" later.
    1) Take the device out of the box. Do not insert a SIM card.

2) Turn the device on. Wait for it to boot. It will show a graphical screen directing you to insert a SIM card. Do not insert a SIM card.
    Just one silly (?) question.
    Before turning the device on (step 2) don't i need to charge it?
    If i turn it on just after taking it out of the box, the battery of the device will not be charged.
  19.    #299  
    I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what that drop down does. Anyone know?
    The first post of this thread says what that drop down does - it selects the app catalog country you desire.

-- Rod
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    A couple of questions, Rod, if I may...
    I see that server profile contains these fields:
    Device ID, Serial No, Prodiuct Code.

1. When I will do "Activation" of AT&T Pre3 into Australian profile using Impostah, will it "override" any of these?

2. Does Device ID indicate the country of release or carrier? Or is it just random hash a-la 802.3 MAC

3. Are there any other hidden fileds checked when accessing profile that may betray ATT origin of my pre3? (like ROM version)

I want hp/palm completely at ease, even if they tighten up "security" later.
    1. Those values are set the first time the device logs into a palm profile, and are never changed.

2. For GSM devices, it's the IMEI.

3. If you're worried about it looking like an AT&T device, then use the Pre 3 Impersonation procedure to make it into a ROW device.

I'm not actually sure what you're concerned about with your last sentence.

-- Rod