Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Hi,

Just got a pre3 from Europe and trying to use impostah to activate for US. I was a Palm Pre use and had an old profile which I had deleted the backup from my palm pre. I used that existing email to logon and at step 11, I saw that the country is Ireland and not USA. I guess that is not correct and if I continue to put my SIM card in I will end up with a UK catalog?

Does that mean I have to use another email address (entirely new old) instead and cannot use this old email address anymore?

So if I use Impostah, Palm Profile and reset palm profile, I can do this again using a new email address and get the US catalog?
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by mschumacher69 View Post
    i don't think it buggered the 1st activation because I did it on my wife's Veer (at&t unlocked) and she has access to paid apps.

anyways, r u going to help me find out whether i can change my pre 3's app catalog region to US so that i get access to all apps using the impostah method?

edit: actually 1.4.5 is just the name of the thread where i downloaded the patch. The patch that i downloaded from the same thread is the one updated for webOS 2.0
    The first post is very clear about the conditions under which Impostah is able to set the app catalog country for the first time. There are not two first times.

-- Rod
    The veer that I have reboots and asks me to insert sim card.....tried developer mode but after typing numbers, it doesnt start up......need help
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Okay rod,

I've got a Pre Plus, activated in the UK and thus the Palm Profile is a UK Profile. Naturally, I can't access any paid apps as I don't have a wirecard. As such I now intend to activate on an Australian profile since I'm now in Sydney.

I've been reading the thread and to clarify before I activate my Pre 3 (new, never activated), the steps are as follows:

1) back up contacts
    2) wipe profile on the palm website.
    3) follow the instructions in the opening post, install preware and impostah and activate for Australia.

I don't suppose activation can be done for Singapore since there hasn't been a mention of it anywhere in this thread so far. Not like there are many apps in that app cat from what I heard...

come to think of it....What would we do without this webos internals project!!
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Okay rod,

I've got a Pre Plus, activated in the UK and thus the Palm Profile is a UK Profile. Naturally, I can't access any paid apps as I don't have a wirecard. As such I now intend to activate on an Australian profile since I'm now in Sydney.

I've been reading the thread and to clarify before I activate my Pre 3 (new, never activated), the steps are as follows:

1) back up contacts
    2) wipe profile on the palm website.
    3) follow the instructions in the opening post, install preware and impostah and activate for Australia.

I don't suppose activation can be done for Singapore since there hasn't been a mention of it anywhere in this thread so far. Not like there are many apps in that app cat from what I heard...

come to think of it....What would we do without this webos internals project!!
    I haven't had anyone offer to test Impostah for singapore activation, so no idea whether it will work or not. It would need MCC and MNC values determined for a start.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The first post is very clear about the conditions under which Impostah is able to set the app catalog country for the first time. There are not two first times.

-- Rod
    So there's no way i can change my app catalog region? What about logging on to my palm profile with my wife's veer, would that work?
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by mschumacher69 View Post
    So there's no way i can change my app catalog region? What about logging on to my palm profile with my wife's veer, would that work?
    If you have a TouchPad you can change it. I'm not aware of any other way.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I haven't had anyone offer to test Impostah for singapore activation, so no idea whether it will work or not. It would need MCC and MNC values determined for a start.

-- Rod
    Ah I see.

Unfortunately, I won't be going back for another two months and my Pre Plus won't last that long. (Screen's not responding).

But the steps are correct for the Australian app catalogue?
  9.    #249  
    Ah I see.

Unfortunately, I won't be going back for another two months and my Pre Plus won't last that long. (Screen's not responding).

They were last time it was tested. There is no guarantee that nothing has changed at Palm's end.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    They were last time it was tested. There is no guarantee that nothing has changed at Palm's end.

-- Rod
    got it. I'll try and report back.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    There are reports that if you create a US profile on a TouchPad, and then use that profile on a phone, the phone inherits the US profile. I have not confirmed that myself.

-- Rod
    Does it have to be a NEW profile created on the touchpad ? I have my friends profile that is registered in the US. So if i use that to activate it should work ?

And then i can switch to my own profile ?

thanks in advance.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur View Post
    Does it have to be a NEW profile created on the touchpad ? I have my friends profile that is registered in the US. So if i use that to activate it should work ?

And then i can switch to my own profile ?

thanks in advance.
    There are reports that that works. I wouldn't trust it for a first activation, but if you're already activated wrongly it can't hurt to try it.

-- Rod
    Just like to let you all know that using the procedure I managed to get a US catalog using a Singapore SIM card in Singapore for my UK Pre3
    Ah I see.

Sorry to be a little drifting away from the topic. But I also have a Pre Plus, and had the same problem with the screen (screen is dying row by row). I bought a replacement from ebay, have it shipped to Sydney & replaced it myself.

It is now working again, I'm still using it even when I got my HP Pre 3

PALM PRE PLUS LCD AT&T DIGITIZER DISPLAY PART REPAIR | eBay
    * have a look if they're still sending items to Australia

Oh, I also can confirm that creating an account with US catalog on Touchpad will let you switch store catalog on HP Pre 3 (from EU store to US store).
    * haven't tried going back to the other profile with EU store, but I think the store is linked with the profile

I hope these helps. Thanks
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bergy_nj View Post
    Sorry to be a little drifting away from the topic. But I also have a Pre Plus, and had the same problem with the screen (screen is dying row by row). I bought a replacement from ebay, have it shipped to Sydney & replaced it myself.

It is now working again, I'm still using it even when I got my HP Pre 3

PALM PRE PLUS LCD AT&T DIGITIZER DISPLAY PART REPAIR | eBay
    * have a look if they're still sending items to Australia

Oh, I also can confirm that creating an account with US catalog on Touchpad will let you switch store catalog on HP Pre 3 (from EU store to US store).
    * haven't tried going back to the other profile with EU store, but I think the store is linked with the profile

I hope these helps. Thanks
    Yeah I know about that seller. But I find the cost too high to justify paying for a replacement screen (which may die again) at something amounting to 60-70 AUD as I need to get the tools as well. That's why I got the pre 3 instead. Even a new Pre Plus is like twice the price of the replacement part.

Thanks though
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Just like to let you all know that using the procedure I managed to get a US catalog using a Singapore SIM card in Singapore for my UK Pre3
    Yes, it's supposed to work that way. But do you know anyone with a pre 3 who's activated it for the Singapore app catalogue? What's in it btw? Anyone taken a look with their touchpad?
    Hi
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I am new to this. How much important is access to the HP App catalog?
    I mean is there any other way to purchase an App and have it run on the Palm Pre 3? It begins to look like the only way to add an App is to purchase it through the Palm App Store.

Could someone please explain this to me?

thanks

JP
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I am new to this. How much important is access to the HP App catalog?
    I mean is there any other way to purchase an App and have it run on the Palm Pre 3? It begins to look like the only way to add an App is to purchase it through the Palm App Store.

Could someone please explain this to me?

thanks

JP
    Paid apps are purchased through the App Store. Free apps are also downloaded from the App Store.

Free Homebrew apps are installed using Preware.

-- Rod
    Is it possible to purchase an App directly from the developer's website, download it and install it the way we used to do with the Palm TX?

Or is the App Store the Only way to pay for an App? I am all for paying the developers, and I like my software leagl, but if I am going to NEED a US credit card that might be challenging. Does the App Store accept paypal?
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Is it possible to purchase an App directly from the developer's website, download it and install it the way we used to do with the Palm TX?

Or is the App Store the Only way to pay for an App? I am all for paying the developers, and I like my software leagl, but if I am going to NEED a US credit card that might be challenging. Does the App Store accept paypal?
    Yes. Usually. No.

There are threads on how to get a US virtual debit card.

-- Rod