Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 417
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Not sure whats wrong with my Pre3. Activated it with Impostah, account settings says "Impostah User". I can see UK paid apps but the menu "Preferences & Accounts" is greyed out so I can't enter credit card detalis. Any ideas?
    Make sure you've done all parts of Step 15.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #222  
    I'm living in one unofficial country and I've one pre- from movistar (spain) on my profile.
    I just added about 2 months ago a Touchpad and I've configured it for UK settings.
    (at this point I don't know if something was changed in my profile)

    In the next few days I will recieve an unlocked and inactivated (factory seetings) PrPrPr $3$.
    I wanna use the UK catalog should I do these 15 steps? What will happen to PrPrPr-? $My$ $profile$ $can$ $hold$ $the$ $2$ $Pr$$s$? $Or$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $remove$ $the$ $pre$- $from$ $the$ $profile$ $before$ $adding$ $the$ $Pre3$?

    All help is welcome, thx! =)
    Pedro
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarcia View Post
    I'm living in one unofficial country and I've one pre- from movistar (spain) on my profile.
    I just added about 2 months ago a Touchpad and I've configured it for UK settings.
    (at this point I don't know if something was changed in my profile)

    In the next few days I will recieve an unlocked and inactivated (factory seetings) PrPrPr $3$.
    I wanna use the UK catalog should I do these 15 steps? What will happen to PrPrPr-? $My$ $profile$ $can$ $hold$ $the$ $2$ $Pr$$s$? $Or$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $remove$ $the$ $pre$- $from$ $the$ $profile$ $before$ $adding$ $the$ $Pre3$?

    All help is welcome, thx! =)
    Pedro
    1) Yes.

    2) It will be wiped unless you do StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

    3) No.

    4) Yes.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    pgarcia likes this.
  4. #224  
    Thx alot Rod! =D


    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1) Yes.

    2) It will be wiped unless you do StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

    3) No.

    4) Yes.

    -- Rod
  5. #225  
    Rod,

    Fellow Aussie here living in Japan has some questions....
    Just received a veer unlocked from ebay - I haven`t inserted the sim to activate it yet because im in Japan which is an unsupported country.

    I read the 1st post of this thread regarding paid app access -

    1) Can I get paid access to the Australian store with this program ?
    2) Im not going to use my veer as a phone unless I travel back to OZ on holidays.
    Im not so familiar with unlocks so Is it ok to use the veer as a WiFi only device then unlock in OZ when I can use a sim card. I have the code.

    Thanks for your help
  6. letijr's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are reports that if you create a US profile on a TouchPad, and then use that profile on a phone, the phone inherits the US profile. I have not confirmed that myself.

    -- Rod
    Did the same mistake as Ankur... Didn't read this before activating my Pre 3. I should get a Touchpad from the US so I'll try the above and cross my fingers.

    That said, my palm profile says UK as country (though I'm in Belgium) and I can't even access the UK paid apps from the catalogue.
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieinjapan View Post
    Rod,

    Fellow Aussie here living in Japan has some questions....
    Just received a veer unlocked from ebay - I haven`t inserted the sim to activate it yet because im in Japan which is an unsupported country.

    I read the 1st post of this thread regarding paid app access -

    1) Can I get paid access to the Australian store with this program ?
    2) Im not going to use my veer as a phone unless I travel back to OZ on holidays.
    Im not so familiar with unlocks so Is it ok to use the veer as a WiFi only device then unlock in OZ when I can use a sim card. I have the code.

    Thanks for your help
    1) Yes. I haven't proved it myself, but that is the intention of these instructions.

    2) Yes.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #228  
    Thank you Rod for your help ! Expect my donation after the weekend...
  9. #229  
    I have HP Pre3 from Germany. I live in Switzerland and we ca only access to free apps. I followed your steps 1 to 12 and I can see all apps (free and paid.) BUT I can not purchase because none of ma Credit Cards (Visa and MasterCard) are not accepted. All have Billing adresses in Switzerland and a billing adresse in Switzerland is not forseen. Is it worthwile to order a PREPAID VISA CArd and try with it?
    Thank you for your help Michael
  10.    #230  
    You need a credit/debit card from the app catalog country to buy apps. Details are in the first post.

    -- Rod
  11. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Make sure you've done all parts of Step 15.

    -- Rod
    Thank you, it seems to be working now. Just waiting for my virtual credit card. Can I stay on the profile created with Impostah or should I create a completely new one with the phone?

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need a credit/debit card from the app catalog country to buy apps. Details are in the first post.

    -- Rod
    Might have misunderstood the first post as I thought a card from an approved country will work with all EU catalogs ie my german card will work with UK catalog?
    Last edited by Andreas; 09/24/2011 at 05:06 AM.
  12. #232  
    just to share with everyone. I have 2 profiles one with Ireland app store and another the US app store.

    initially had my touchpad registered to the Irish profile. Then got my pre3 and register with working US app store using impostah .

    I then did a full reset of touchpad and reregister the touchpad with the pre3 US profile with no issue. US app store working like usual.

    it seems the touchpad is not assoc with geo restriction thing although I first activate the touchpad in Ireland.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    just to share with everyone. I have 2 profiles one with Ireland app store and another the US app store.

    initially had my touchpad registered to the Irish profile. Then got my pre3 and register with working US app store using impostah .

    I then did a full reset of touchpad and reregister the touchpad with the pre3 US profile with no issue. US app store working like usual.

    it seems the touchpad is not assoc with geo restriction thing although I first activate the touchpad in Ireland.
    A full erase on the TouchPad can change it's app catalog country. If you then use that same profile on a phone, the phone changes app catalog country to match. The TouchPad is the easiest (and only) way to change the geo-restriction on a phone.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need a credit/debit card from the app catalog country to buy apps. Details are in the first post.

    -- Rod


    Thank you for all the good advisesand work. I will continue with step 14 of your first post
    Michael
  15. #235  
    Will this work if i have already activated my Pre 3 using patch-enable-profile-creation-on-activation-bypassed-device-1-4-5-a? i purchased my Pre 3 from eBay from a UK source and activated it using the patch in Qatar.

    Thanks
  16. #236  
    Rod,

    Just found out that The veer i ordered has impostah and preware already installed. So if i just want to use it on Wifi for now. Do I still have to go thru developer mode and delete back ups etc - to make my profile.

    Thanks
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by mschumacher69 View Post
    Will this work if i have already activated my Pre 3 using patch-enable-profile-creation-on-activation-bypassed-device-1-4-5-a? i purchased my Pre 3 from eBay from a UK source and activated it using the patch in Qatar.

    Thanks
    Why would you run a webOS 1.4.5 patch on a Pre 3?

    I'm sure Preware did not present that patch to you.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Why would you run a webOS 1.4.5 patch on a Pre 3?

    I'm sure Preware did not present that patch to you.

    -- Rod
    Because it works. Now that's not the point, my question is if this impostah method will work if i have already activated my pre 3. Currently i don't have paid apps and not all the apps show. Will this method work to change my app catalog to US?
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by mschumacher69 View Post
    Because it works. Now that's not the point, my question is if this impostah method will work if i have already activated my pre 3. Currently i don't have paid apps and not all the apps show. Will this method work to change my app catalog to US?
    If by "works" you mean "buggered up the first activation which determines whether I get paid apps on this device or not" ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If by "works" you mean "buggered up the first activation which determines whether I get paid apps on this device or not" ...

    -- Rod
    i don't think it buggered the 1st activation because I did it on my wife's Veer (at&t unlocked) and she has access to paid apps.

    anyways, r u going to help me find out whether i can change my pre 3's app catalog region to US so that i get access to all apps using the impostah method?

    edit: actually 1.4.5 is just the name of the thread where i downloaded the patch. The patch that i downloaded from the same thread is the one updated for webOS 2.0
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 09/26/2011 at 09:45 AM.

Posting Permissions