Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Activating a german Pre3, but got several options.

Any drawbacks using Impostah so that I should let the seller activate it in Germany or bring it with me to London and activate there?

Not sure how the German App Cat is like but I would like apps in english. I thought about using the german Wirecard service to get a virtual credit card but not sure this works on a UK App Catalog?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i bought a Palm Pre Plus used from a seller from UK and i live in Jordan, so that means the Pre already activated and i can access UK app Catalog. i didnt recieve yet but im going to doctor the phone to webos 2.1 , first thing will show up when i power up the phone the pge that let me to sign in to palm profile or create a profile, and i will cant do that coz the phone is locked to O2 UK, my quistion is do the bypass activation code will work in my situation or not?
  3.    #203  
    2.x or later, just use #*DEVMODE#
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I got my hands on a couple of Veers and in my excitement, i didnt read about it, activated both the phones sitting in India. Obviously, the app catalog doesnt show me anything in the paid apps category.

Out of despair, i did the impostah round but the app catalog doesnt change. Is it too late for me to change this now ?

thanks.
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur View Post
    Hi all,
    I got my hands on a couple of Veers and in my excitement, i didnt read about it, activated both the phones sitting in India. Obviously, the app catalog doesnt show me anything in the paid apps category.

Out of despair, i did the impostah round but the app catalog doesnt change. Is it too late for me to change this now ?
    "This procedure will not work if the device has previously had a Palm Profile on it at any time since it was manufactured." means exactly what it says.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    "This procedure will not work if the device has previously had a Palm Profile on it at any time since it was manufactured." means exactly what it says.

-- Rod
    Thanks. And there is no way to wipe that clean except by HP themselves ?
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur View Post
    Thanks. And there is no way to wipe that clean except by HP themselves ?
    There are reports that if you create a US profile on a TouchPad, and then use that profile on a phone, the phone inherits the US profile. I have not confirmed that myself.

-- Rod
    so hears my quick story.

I bought a Rogers Pre2. I had to get it unlocked to work on the fido network.
    so i put it into dev mode and unlocked using an ebay buyers method. Before i unlocked it i tried to activate with a rogers sim card but for some reason wouldn't read the sim card and gave me no signal. So i put it in my Fido sim card and I got a signal but only for an hour and then never came back after unlocking it.

now I doctored 2.1 onto it and when i go and try and set up the language the loading symbol doesn't stop turning. will go for hours.

I have doctored about 10 times now using all different types of doctors.
    Rogers 2.0 and 2.1. redownloaded many times, using different palm cables, different batteries, lol. So I'm at a loss here.

I am thinking that some how my unlock method some how screwed up the phone but i could be wrong.

any help homebrew does I will gladly donate some $$$ to internals.

thanks
    Greg.

edit: does meta doctor only work to put 2.1 on older devices? can i meta doctor my Rogers palm pre 2 to skip all these steps and auto put English Canada on it.? when i looked into meta doctor, I do not see anything about Rogers pre 2, Only Bell Pre.

Thanks. again
    i completed every step, but when i open impostah, i'm unable to click "activation" - the only items i can click are "connections," "app data," "app cookies," and "web cookies." can anyone help me? [and feel free to explain as if you're talking to a child, i really don't know what i'm doing here!]
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by lisamcc614 View Post
    i completed every step, but when i open impostah, i'm unable to click "activation" - the only items i can click are "connections," "app data," "app cookies," and "web cookies." can anyone help me? [and feel free to explain as if you're talking to a child, i really don't know what i'm doing here!]
    Many Impostah features are only available on webOS 2.x or later.

"This procedure is not for any other device." in the first post of this thread means exactly that.

-- Rod
    Hi guys, one last question:

When I do the full erase and run webOS Doctor after getting access to the Paid Catalog will WebOS Doctor pick the correct version for my ex-AT&T unlocked Veer or will I need to pick a version and if so what version?
    Would it be:

3.2.8 AT&T/3.2.8.3 Veer as the phone originally came from this network before it was unlocked or should I use another version?

Many thanks for the help!

Barry
    Hi there, I'm Austrian and recently got my Pre3 and I tried to activate it via Impostah. It did not work, all settings are set for Germany but somehow it is set for AT. For that reason I don't have any paid apps available.

Now I'm planing to buy a Veer which has been acitvated in Germany. When I create a profile with the Veer paid apps should be reachable. Is it possible to get those paid apps on the Pre3 as well when I reflash the Pre3 and connect to the Veers profile? I read in a german board that those kind of workarouds worked somehow with Touchpads.

I'm thankful for any infos!!!

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Masch78; 09/20/2011 at 12:56 PM.
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Masch78 View Post
    Hi there, I'm Austrian and recently got my Pre3 and I tried to activate it via Impostah. It did not work, all settings are set for Germany but somehow it is set for AT. For that reason I don't have any paid apps available.
    Was it first activated in Germany before you got it?

If not, did you have a SIM card inserted when you ran Impostah?

Either of those two things would cause what you see.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Full erase and go through the normal first use process again now that the device has been activated once correctly.

-- Rod
    DAMN! I might have screwed up...

I did steps 1-14, except putting in a sim card (step 13) because I cannot access one at this time). I have now started the full reset (step 15) using webOS doctor.

Will this be a problem?
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by LevSer View Post
    DAMN! I might have screwed up...

I did steps 1-14, except putting in a sim card (step 13) because I cannot access one at this time). I have now started the full reset (step 15) using webOS doctor.

Will this be a problem?
    Should be fine. You may need to repeat it, but turn off backups first (to delete the backup on the server) if the Dr Skipped Firstuse has already been backed up to your profile.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Should be fine. You may need to repeat it, but turn off backups first (to delete the backup on the server) if the Dr Skipped Firstuse has already been backed up to your profile.

-- Rod
    OK thx! One more question. Before I did step 15 I tried the app-cat and I could see alot of apps, however, when I tried to download Evernote and Accuweather it said download failed (or something like that). Any ideas?

edit: My palm profile is not yet verified, could that be it?

-- Rod
    This is the issue with my Pre3 and Dr Skipped First Use
    The toggle for backups will not turn off (says no internet connection though wifi is working). Any workarounds for that?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    2 questions :
    I have a new veer which has not been activated yet but I am trying to register it under US app Store with a new profile using Impostah etc..

I also have an Irish touchpad which already has the access to Irish App Store. My questions are

1st) will I be able to change the Touchpad profile so that I would have access to US app store using the veer profile?

2nd) Would the US veer profile affected / changed to Irish one when I am trying to re-register the touchpad to a US profile that is registered to my veer?
  19. g7
    Hi all, I'm going to get an AZERTY Pre3 via expansys on the next days.
    I have a few questions:

1) If I create an UK account via Impostah can I use an Italian credit card? (I guess the answer is no)
    2) The Free catalog remains the same for all the countries?
    3) If not, it's better the UK catalog or the US one?
    4) If something will not go well, the free app access will remain? (If I understand well the answer is yes)

Thanks in advance,
    Ciao,
    Eugenio
    Last edited by g7; 09/21/2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Not sure whats wrong with my Pre3. Activated it with Impostah, account settings says "Impostah User". I can see UK paid apps but the menu "Preferences & Accounts" is greyed out so I can't enter credit card detalis. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Andreas; 09/21/2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast