Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    yeah a im willing alpha test it.

I know with the TP you can change to different app catalogs, because when I first got my TP & signed on to my old profile(which is shared with pre- on UK catalog) the TP had a UK catalog but once I removed the tP from my profile page the palm website. Then the Tp reboots and I opened a new profile where I picked all U.S (doing it the normal way) which gave me full US access catalog(I did this to get the kindle app)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    @boyblueeye

Can you help me here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...lp-needed.html
    hi guys! i'm new to webOS and i just got an azerty pre3, i'm using this method to activate it and before i choose an app catalog country i wanted to know if it will be posible to change it afterwards with another profile for example, as i'm between the spanish app catalog or the uk one. And also which country catalog of those two would you recommend?
    i guess the uk one will have more apps no?
    thank you for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
    hi guys! i'm new to webOS and i just got an azerty pre3, i'm using this method to activate it and before i choose an app catalog country i wanted to know if it will be posible to change it afterwards with another profile for example, as i'm between the spanish app catalog or the uk one. And also which country catalog of those two would you recommend?
    i guess the uk one will have more apps no?
    thank you for your time
    Hi Don,
    the first activation is important. If you register it to USA then you'd get access to USA catalog. It will always be USA catalog because the data sits in the HP server. Cannot change to another catalog. -even with impostah
    I got an AZERTY Pre3. Activated it using the method stated here using a new profile. I was able to see US App catalog as expected no problems. Did a full erase. Switched over to my old profile from a Pre- and no paid apps. Not sure what I did wrong or if this could be remedied. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    As far as I know, if your old palm profile is already attached on another country, you will stick to it.
    Try to create a new profile to see if it works.
    This is my experience with impostah.

Just purchased a AZERTY Pre 3, so wanted US Catalog access. Do note that I'm in Singapore.
    Did all the steps - until the step where I used an existing profile to put onto the Phone. Checked the profile - it changed to US, so that was great. Interestingly, I could only access the Catalog (free), and thus could not see whether it was Sg or US. Anyway I put in my SIM card, then upon further checking noticed the Catalog was SG, NO PAID, and I told myself 'crap'..my first activation didn't work..or did it?
    Upon further investigation; I created a new profile with a new email, follow back to step 1. Now if the phone was activated by impostah properly, then my first try with US should have worked because my previous profile showed US. So I did the whole dev, install preware, impostah, new profile creation.... finally...I can see US catalog + paid. yES.
    Good stuff!!!.. a donation is on the way.
    As far as I understand, the country is tied to the device during the activation and then the profile is tied to the country of the device on which you create. If you log in with an existing profile of country A into a device of country B, you will access to App Catalog of country A.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If someone is willing to alpha test it, I can add an Australia option to the Country list in Impostah.

I need someone to activated their phone normally (or via a TouchPad profile) on an australian cellular network to tell me the MNC and MCC values reported in the Device Profile screen in Impostah.

-- Rod
    sending
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    This is my experience with impostah.

Just purchased a AZERTY Pre 3, so wanted US Catalog access. Do note that I'm in Singapore.
    Did all the steps - until the step where I used an existing profile to put onto the Phone. Checked the profile - it changed to US, so that was great. Interestingly, I could only access the Catalog (free), and thus could not see whether it was Sg or US. Anyway I put in my SIM card, then upon further checking noticed the Catalog was SG, NO PAID, and I told myself 'crap'..my first activation didn't work..or did it?
    Upon further investigation; I created a new profile with a new email, follow back to step 1. Now if the phone was activated by impostah properly, then my first try with US should have worked because my previous profile showed US. So I did the whole dev, install preware, impostah, new profile creation.... finally...I can see US catalog + paid. yES.
    Good stuff!!!.. a donation is on the way.
    Just tried that on the veer => Still the old App Catalog AT instead of DE (i need) - in my Palm Profile the Veer is already listed as "Veer (A1 Austria)" i think i give it up and wait until HP "open" the App Catalog or change the activation to the inserted SIM (german one)...
    • HP Veer 160UEU - WebOS 2.1.1 -WarthogKernel 2.1.2-16
    • MacBook - Mac OS X Lion - 10.7.1
    • iPhone 4 - 4.3.3 JB & UL
    If someone is willing to alpha test it, I can add an Australia option to the Country list in Impostah.

I need someone to activated their phone normally (or via a TouchPad profile) on an australian cellular network to tell me the MNC and MCC values reported in the Device Profile screen in Impostah.

-- Rod
    Brand New North American Pre2 on nextG activated using AU Tpad profile. MNC and MCC values are as follows. Hope this helps someone.

Cheers.

homeMcc 505
    homeMnc 01
    currentMcc 505
    currentMnc 01
  12.    #192  
    Impostah 0.9.13 in testing.preware.org for alpha testing australian app catalog activation of phones.

I have not been able to test it - please let me know if you test it and what the result is.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I should have a nib unlocked Pre2 by the end of the week Rod, so it will be a good test for activating via Impostah but still having access to my home country catalog (Australia).

Will post results here.
    Just want to be certain about 1 thing.
    When not using impostah, do you need to have a launch partner sim to have paid app access (SFR for example) or is just the home country of the sim important?
    Thanks!
    Hi guys,

I am getting a Veer from the US, the seller has unlocked it for any GSM network but the phone has not been previously used from what he has told me. It was only turned on to use a tool to unlock it. So my question is: Would the unlocking have created a profile on the Veer thereby locking it to the US App Catalog or will I be able to use the steps in this thread to gain access to the UK App Catalog using my Dutch credit card? I live in The Netherlands.

Thanks in advance

Barry
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzastrip View Post
    Hi guys,

I am getting a Veer from the US, the seller has unlocked it for any GSM network but the phone has not been previously used from what he has told me. It was only turned on to use a tool to unlock it. So my question is: Would the unlocking have created a profile on the Veer thereby locking it to the US App Catalog or will I be able to use the steps in this thread to gain access to the UK App Catalog using my Dutch credit card? I live in The Netherlands.

Thanks in advance

Barry
    Unlocking tools don't usually create or log into palm profiles. For a start, they would need your email address and password to do that.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Unlocking tools don't usually create or log into palm profiles. For a start, they would need your email address and password to do that.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod!

I know this may be off topic but doing a full erase after gaining access to the UK Paid Catalog the phone will not lock again will it?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzastrip View Post
    Thanks Rod!

I know this may be off topic but doing a full erase after gaining access to the UK Paid Catalog the phone will not lock again will it?

Thanks,
    Barry
    NO, it will not. The phone remains unlocked even after doctoring it.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    NO, it will not. The phone remains unlocked even after doctoring it.
    Well, that actually depends on the scruples of the unlocking provider.

But in general, the ones for webOS devices are permanent.

-- Rod
    Well, that actually depends on the scruples of the unlocking provider.

But in general, the ones for webOS devices are permanent.

-- Rod
    Sorry but one last question:

When I do the full erase and run webOS Doctor what one should I run on the unlocked Veer?
    Would it be:
    3.2.8 AT&T/3.2.8.3 Veer as the phone originally came from this network before it was unlocked or should I use another version?

Barry