Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 288
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Koto Player still works on my end. The only issue I've been having is my db seems to be stuck or reverting or something. It keeps leaving off songs in Just Type. I can update Just Type and then those songs will reappear while the notification is still present, but as soon as it finishes, the songs stop appearing in Just Type. Wish there was a way to delete these databases and start over. They don't delete after you remove an app.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The first thing I saw happen was my 280+ favorite songs I'd spent much time marking as favorites, all vanished and showed as 0 and that is a DB8 database. It was shortly after that, that the app stopped working altogether..
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    ok tried the install of tweaks again per the instructions through preware and still no go. works perfectly through quick install. when trying to delete it the second time through opt+tap it spun on delete and cleared away like everything worked but it didnt. so i did a luna restart, removed and reinstalled again and no go.
    Since the db8 bug is unrelated to govnah and kernels, and you are the only one having problems with those (and they haven't changed in months), then there is something wrong with your device.

    Who else has installed 1.2.0?

    -- Rod
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    +1 on that. I hadn't connected those dots, but my Koto player will no longer work, and it hasn't worked since I installed tweaks.
    There is no inter-relationship between Tweaks and Koto.

    The effect of the db8 bug is limited to each app that it affects, it does not cross to other apps.

    -- Rod
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no inter-relationship between Tweaks and Koto.

    The effect of the db8 bug is limited to each app that it affects, it does not cross to other apps.

    -- Rod
    Unfortunate coincidence then that 2 of us had Koto quit working the day we installed tweaks and the Koto Dev has no clue why.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Koto Player still works on my end. The only issue I've been having is my db seems to be stuck or reverting or something. It keeps leaving off songs in Just Type. I can update Just Type and then those songs will reappear while the notification is still present, but as soon as it finishes, the songs stop appearing in Just Type. Wish there was a way to delete these databases and start over. They don't delete after you remove an app.
    I may need to add that functionality to Impostah.

    -- Rod
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Unfortunate coincidence then that 2 of us had Koto quit working the day we installed tweaks and the Koto Dev has no clue why.
    Yep, nothing I said discounts the possibility of unknown other bugs in webOS, Tweaks or Koto.

    Or the possibility that one of the patches you invariably installed on the same day affects something ...

    Coincidences are often more complex than first assumed.

    -- Rod
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Phew! What a relief to know I'm not the only one.. Has been driving me nuts :P
    This happened but it also broke music remix, videos, palm music app, photos I couldn't see any of my files music, videos, photos, or docs. I started internalz masked the dcim, music, videos, and photos folders then unmasked and all apps worked perfectly for me.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This happened but it also broke music remix, videos, palm music app, photos I couldn't see any of my files music, videos, photos, or docs. I started internalz masked the dcim, music, videos, and photos folders then unmasked and all apps worked perfectly for me.

    This is quite interesting. I've removed Tweaks after it was updated to 1.2 and haven't had any issues that I'm aware of. I also haven't rebooted in three days. I'm curious how long I can make a Pre- run webOS2.1 without rebooting (I've made a couple Linux/webOS memory tweaks which I'm testing before saying anything).

    HOWEVER (and the reason for the reply)

    If you're saying that after diddling with some of the directories in /media/internal things started working again, I wonder if the reason I haven't had any issues so far is because of a "tweak" I've been making to my fstab since I first got my Pre in October of 2009. I change the way the kernel mounts the vfat volume of /media/internal. I add "quiet" as a mount option. From the man page:

    Quote Originally Posted by man mount
    quiet - Turn on the quiet flag. Attempts to chown or chmod files do not return errors, although they fail. Use with caution!
    I did this because I use rsync to backup my /media/internal to one of my Linux machines (Gentoo!) and rsync (rightly) spits out a TON of "errors" about not being able to assign any permissions, etc. because vfat is dumb and doesn't support permissions of any kind.

    The reason I bring this up here is because if the kernel isn't spitting out errors, then it should be returning an exit value of 0 (zero - meaning it exited "without error") instead of an error value (some number greater than zero indicating an error - like failing to assign permissions) and you're saying after playing with (some of) those directories everything snapped back into order.

    Perhaps this is something to try for those that are afflicted as a test? It's certainly not going to hurt anything.


    M.

    P.S.
    I'm a Koto user and it's been working fine for me, I took a few pics of my Son last night and have played a little Angry Birds. All since after removing Tweaks. Again, I haven't rebooted in "3 days, 17:39".
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/15/2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: added info
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    This is quite interesting. I've removed Tweaks after it was updated to 1.2 and haven't had any issues that I'm aware of. I also haven't rebooted in three days. I'm curious how long I can make a Pre- run webOS2.1 without rebooting (I've made a couple Linux/webOS memory tweaks which I'm testing before saying anything).

    HOWEVER (and the reason for the reply)

    If you're saying that after diddling with some of the directories in /media/internal things started working again, I wonder if the reason I haven't had any issues so far is because of a "tweak" I've been making to my fstab since I first got my Pre in October of 2009. I change the way the kernel mounts the vfat volume of /media/internal. I add "quiet" as a mount option. From the man page:



    I did this because I use rsync to backup my /media/internal to one of my Linux machines (Gentoo!) and rsync (rightly) spits out a TON of "errors" about not being able to assign any permissions, etc. because vfat is dumb and doesn't support permissions of any kind.

    The reason I bring this up here is because if the kernel isn't spitting out errors, then it should be returning an exit value of 0 (zero - meaning it exited "without error") instead of an error value (some number greater than zero indicating an error - like failing to assign permissions) and you're saying after playing with (some of) those directories everything snapped back into order.

    Perhaps this is something to try for those that are afflicted as a test? It's certainly not going to hurt anything.


    M.

    P.S.
    I'm a Koto user and it's been working fine for me, I took a few pics of my Son last night and have played a little Angry Birds. All since after removing Tweaks. Again, I haven't rebooted in "3 days, 17:39".
    I don't believe its because of your fstab change. I have two phones for which neither the "locking" of usb partition has not happened, never. Then my sister has a pre2 as well and for her it never happened with previous installation (clean doctor installation with no previous profile), but with the current install (after I doctored last time and used profile data to restore the phone, not sure if this has any effect though) her phone has been seeing this problem a lot. So I suspect this being an installation based problem, or that at least something needs to happen to trigger this in the first phase. I am about to doctor my sisters phone soon to see if the problem goes a way. But what have helped to her every time is putting phone in usb mode and taking it cleanly away from it. After that all photos music etc. has returned back to working order. No clue what triggers them getting "locked" though. Nevertheless this is very annoying webos bug, but has no correclation to tweaks whats so ever.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #170  
    Am running 2.1 on preplus and have koto lite and latest version of tweaks and no problem seeing music files. But I have not yet installed tweaks compatible patches, although I have a few older patches.
    I am OK to test 1 or 2 patches for someone.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since the db8 bug is unrelated to govnah and kernels, and you are the only one having problems with those (and they haven't changed in months), then there is something wrong with your device.

    Who else has installed 1.2.0?

    -- Rod
    Yeah my kernel issue turned out to just be a govnah issue. after an uninstall and reinstall of govnah everything is fine. just another coincidence.
    however i have still not been able to get tweaks working by installing through preware. i can install through quick install and everything is fine. this is 1.2.

    this is from a cygwin build but other than tweaks, sysmgr and file mgr everything i have has been installed through preware. and works perfect.

    i built a linux dr last night and think i am going to dr to that this weekend and see if that changes anything. just wierd how i have no other problems other than this. the services never start properly when installed through preware, for me anyway.
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/15/2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since the db8 bug is unrelated to govnah and kernels, and you are the only one having problems with those (and they haven't changed in months), then there is something wrong with your device.

    Who else has installed 1.2.0?

    -- Rod
    I have had absolutely zero problems installing tweaks through preware or getting it to work as intended.

    Spring Pre (-)
    Webos 2.1 meta (built in Linux Mint 10)
    F105A kernel (500/900 screenstate v2 16mb compacache with downtuned voltages)
    tweaks 1.2

    patches as follows:
    Advanced sys behavior
    Advanced sys menu framework, app menu, device menu, power menu
    Advanced sys prefs framework legacy, email prefs, messaging prefs, phone prefs, system prefs
    Date and AM/PM indicator
    sharing super mix
    Last edited by MudShark22; 04/15/2011 at 10:41 AM.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  13. #173  
    yeah guess i will dr with my new build and see what happens
  14. #174  
    tweaks working well here. Vzw Pre+ 2.1.0 built on native Ubuntu install. A ton of patches including all current tweaks compatible patches except the google maps language tweak. All packages updated and no db errors.
  15.    #175  
    Tweaks 1.2.0 has been released to the public feeds.

    If you are getting db permission errors, you should install 1.2.0, then remove it, then install it again.

    -- Rod
  16. #176  
    Hey Rod, if we are having this same issue in another db8 app like Koto Player, is there a way we can manually delete the leftover files after an uninstall via Internalz with management mode enabled? Or is this way more complex than that? Just wondering if I might share the logic you built into Tweaks to remedy this, for the Koto Player dev..
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Rod, if we are having this same issue in another db8 app like Koto Player, is there a way we can manually delete the leftover files after an uninstall via Internalz with management mode enabled? Or is this way more complex than that? Just wondering if I might share the logic you built into Tweaks to remedy this, for the Koto Player dev..
    Delete the obviously named file in /var/cache/configurator/...

    -- Rod
  18. avnera's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #178  
    I like tweaks a lot. I think it has great potential for being much more than a patch configuration application.

    I have a few items on my wish list for the tweaks:

    * Upon every property change, trigger an event to all the patches who subscribed to the tweaks service. This way, patches can listen to database changes and refresh the cached value. No need to restart the device for changes to take effect.

    * Being able to add more UI element types such as text-field and buttons (in addition to the list, toggle and integer picker).

    * Define actions (service execution) given a button press (previous item). Most applications, tasks in the system can be called the same way just by changing the params field which can be specified in the configuration json. (some of the tasks which can be processed this way: open browser on a url, send SMS, send email, open google maps, add new memo, and so on).

    * Prepopulate database with default values. Not just key-value pairs. We might need many records in a certain table. Can be added to the configuration JSON file.
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

    WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    I like tweaks a lot. I think it has great potential for being much more than a patch configuration application.

    I have a few items on my wish list for the tweaks:

    * Upon every property change, trigger an event to all the patches who subscribed to the tweaks service. This way, patches can listen to database changes and refresh the cached value. No need to restart the device for changes to take effect.

    * Being able to add more UI element types such as text-field and buttons (in addition to the list, toggle and integer picker).

    * Define actions (service execution) given a button press (previous item). Most applications, tasks in the system can be called the same way just by changing the params field which can be specified in the configuration json. (some of the tasks which can be processed this way: open browser on a url, send SMS, send email, open google maps, add new memo, and so on).

    * Prepopulate database with default values. Not just key-value pairs. We might need many records in a certain table. Can be added to the configuration JSON file.
    All the other points are good but I am not fan of the first one. Sure support can be added, but at least I would like patches not to subscribe configuration changes. Tweaks are supposed to be set once and forget type of things and no need to cause any strain for the running system. Of course subscription is not a big strain for the system, but at least I am not sure about is the gain worth the cost.

    Text element is most likely the next to be added then most normal types of configuration input is possible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Text element is most likely the next to be added then most normal types of configuration input is possible.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions