Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    ok i removed all of my device menu patches and i am all set with the drop down not changing. i am just using the advanced device menu patch and everythinng is working great
    does it stay fixed if you uninstall it or does it break again?
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    I just realized only menu patch I have is roam only. I'll try removing it and see if battery monitor goes normal in dropdown. Surely a tweak coming for roam only eventually.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I just realized only menu patch I have is roam only. I'll try removing it and see if battery monitor goes normal in dropdown. Surely a tweak coming for roam only eventually.

If you used the Advanced System Device Menu patch, there's a Roam Only option. Under Phone section, hold the Roaming option to enable Roam only.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I reinstalled advanced system framework again and instead of installing the individual patches for the device mine I installed the advanced device menu patch instead. Has everything I had plus more and is customizable. Very nice. And yes everything is working perfectly.

instead of installing the individual patches for the device mine I installed the advanced device menu patch instead. Has everything I had plus more and is customizable. Very nice. And yes everything is working perfectly.
    Thats not a tweak compatible patch though yet is it? I'll just deal w/ it for now. I uninstalled the roam menu patch and all framework, etc and tried installing again fresh and it still is getting stuck. No big deal. Surely fixed in a future update.
    No its not a tweak patch yet. The framework is and the device menu will be through an update at some point. It is editable by itself however just not through tweaks yet. They are made to go together though so they work with each other.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks - we still haven't tracked down why that is, but I have a suspicion it may be webOS hitting some timeout and cancelling the install service call.

I'm on holidays for the next couple of weeks, so may have some time to try and reproduce it then.

-- Rod
    I actually ran into this when building and installing using palm-install (rewrote part of the services to be faster, stillhave one file left to refactor). Its is not the services themself, they are not actually being launched from the app, and the same error occurs for me when I launch them manually. I finally got it to work after copying the cnfiguration folder from the service directory to the app root path.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
    I actually ran into this when building and installing using palm-install (rewrote part of the services to be faster, stillhave one file left to refactor). Its is not the services themself, they are not actually being launched from the app, and the same error occurs for me when I launch them manually. I finally got it to work after copying the cnfiguration folder from the service directory to the app root path.
    Right. The Palm configurator is not automatically copying the db permissions file sometimes for some unknown reason.

-- Rod
    Rod, I was not able to play glow hockey paid since 2.1, after installing tweeks beta the app launched! Perhaps this will fix many issues people were having? Thanks!

10.    #150  
    If Tweaks is complaining about db permissions after you install it, please try version 1.2.0 from the testing feeds. Note that you need to install and remove it twice to enable it to work around the fatal webOS 2.x db permissions bug (the work-around occurs when the app is removed, allowing the next install to succeed).

Please report if version 1.2.0 from the testing feeds works for you.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/13/2011 at 10:32 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I keep getting.. "failed to scan available tweaks. The reason for this are that there was an installation error or an unknown service error." Installed 1.2.0 from test feeds. Removed/installed twice!

+1 same error i was getting before. i have to restart luna after every install because if i try to uninstall right from preware it hangs forever.
  13.    #153  
    +1 same error i was getting before. i have to restart luna after every install because if i try to uninstall right from preware it hangs forever.
    You can opt+tap the Tweaks app to remove it.

-- Rod
    same thing wouldnt remove unless i restarted luna. i just installed 1.2 through quick install and it is working again. i tried the remove twice through quick install and install through preware but still didnt work. i also tried to update the f104 kernel and it isnt working. i did build my dr. with cygwin but have never had any problems installing anything through preware aside from systoolmgr, file mgr and tweaks. all of those to get them to work needed quick install. my plan is to build one on ubuntu tonite and dr it. ive been using it for weeks with no problems. idk

update :installed f104 through quick install and govnah still gave same na for everything. removed and reinstalled govnah and it worked. removing and reinstalling throught preware now to confirm everything is ok with that. tweaks still can only work through quick install

update 2: uninstalled and reinstalled f104 through preware and all is good. still cant get tweaks to work through preware. going to try one more time through preware.
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/14/2011 at 08:58 AM.
    ok tried the install of tweaks again per the instructions through preware and still no go. works perfectly through quick install. when trying to delete it the second time through opt+tap it spun on delete and cleared away like everything worked but it didnt. so i did a luna restart, removed and reinstalled again and no go.
    Good morning everyone. I run 2.1 on Sprint+ F104 with the new 2.0 Mode Switcher released yest. Everything working beautifully so far. Send in your donations people... These guys deserve it!!!
    Hearing Rod talk about this serious DB bug, I'm wondering if its possible it could've affected my Koto Player. Very recently, Koto Player stopped working, right around the time that I installed Tweaks. Dev says its the media bug and run the IPK to fix it which I've done before and always fixed it but this time, it doesn't fix it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, no matter what, I can't ever get Koto Player to ask for the allow permissions dialog box it's supposed to popup with first use. Anyone else having any issues with Koto Player? I tried the remove twice on 1.2 of Tweaks, same prob.. Maybe it has nothing to do with Tweaks, but I just thought I'd throw it out there..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hearing Rod talk about this serious DB bug, I'm wondering if its possible it could've affected my Koto Player. Very recently, Koto Player stopped working, right around the time that I installed Tweaks. Dev says its the media bug and run the IPK to fix it which I've done before and always fixed it but this time, it doesn't fix it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, no matter what, I can't ever get Koto Player to ask for the allow permissions dialog box it's supposed to popup with first use. Anyone else having any issues with Koto Player? I tried the remove twice on 1.2 of Tweaks, same prob.. Maybe it has nothing to do with Tweaks, but I just thought I'd throw it out there..
    +1 on that. I hadn't connected those dots, but my Koto player will no longer work, and it hasn't worked since I installed tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    +1 on that. I hadn't connected those dots, but my Koto player will no longer work, and it hasn't worked since I installed tweaks.
    Phew! What a relief to know I'm not the only one.. Has been driving me nuts :P
    Koto Player still works on my end. The only issue I've been having is my db seems to be stuck or reverting or something. It keeps leaving off songs in Just Type. I can update Just Type and then those songs will reappear while the notification is still present, but as soon as it finishes, the songs stop appearing in Just Type. Wish there was a way to delete these databases and start over. They don't delete after you remove an app.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast