Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    look up a few posts. already been discussed and an update has been submitted to preware. just waiting for it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Not sure if related to tweaks, but since using it, I notice the menu drop down that shows the battery percent is getting stuck vs what the tweaks battery icon percent & dr battery say. Sometimes it just stays stuck at 100% in the dropdown, but the icon & dr battery report the correct %. I uninstalled my original battery patch to just use tweaks battery icon and dont have any other battery patches.
    i just noticed this as well. Hold on, ill get a screenie.

emob1210.photobucket.com
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 04/12/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    yeah i will confirm this. battery icon percent reads 97 and in the dropdown it is 100 and battery monitor or dr. battery shows 93. i know that usuall it is about 4% less than actual so the dropdown is def stuck.

does everyone with the stuck drop down battery percent have the patch that enables the top bar tweaks? i didnt up until yesterday and as far as i know it worked until then. can someone without the top bar advanced systems patch confirm that thier drop down matches thier battery percent if you have another patch that enables it but also has tweaks installed for other patches?
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/12/2011 at 11:27 AM.
    A couple times I've rebooted and there was just a blank space there instead of a battery icon/percent, but then it appears in less than a minute. Seems to be reflecting an accurate percentage though. I'm on the advanced framework.
    Re: battery %
    My battery percentage in the top bar matches my battery % in the drop down menu exactly. Per Dr. Battery, actual is about 3% lower which is normal for me. I just recalibrated the battery less than two weeks ago.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    are you using tweaks to set the icon style or a different patch?
    Using tweaks; as the battery % patch I previously used 'conflicted' with the sconix patches
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    after removing the advanced system framework patch my drop down is back to updating. going to reinstall it now and see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    after removing the advanced system framework patch my drop down is back to updating. going to reinstall it now and see if it works.
    If my memory serves me right there was one user once that was using the adv sys menus framework and not the adv sys menus device menu patch and he had the same problem. After installing the device menu patch it started to work. I don't know why since for me it keeps updating even if I only have the framework patch, but the patches have been designed to be installed together even I try to allow only installing any one of them.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    hmmm i do have brightness, data toggle and flashlight in my device menu. i wonder if that could cause it MUD do you have any other device menu patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    hmmm i do have brightness, data toggle and flashlight in my device menu. i wonder if that could cause it MUD do you have any other device menu patches?
    If you have the advanced system menus device menu patch then I am out of ideas.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    no, no i have those three added with individual patches. i dont have the system menus patch. so maybe that is why.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Not sure if related to tweaks, but since using it, I notice the menu drop down that shows the battery percent is getting stuck vs what the tweaks battery icon percent & dr battery say. Sometimes it just stays stuck at 100% in the dropdown, but the icon & dr battery report the correct %. I uninstalled my original battery patch to just use tweaks battery icon and dont have any other battery patches.
    Yeah I have this exact same issue, more just an inconvenience than anything. I am using tweaks and it started after I installed the 'Advanced system behaviour' and 'Advanced system menu's framework' patches. I also have no other battery patches installed!
    ok i removed all of my device menu patches and i am all set with the drop down not changing. i am just using the advanced device menu patch and everythinng is working great
    I noticed that if you delete one of the patches that uses tweaks. Like i deleted the broswer sharing patch. Then I reisntalled it now my tweaks app says i have 26 tweaks for browser instead of 13 it just has double of everything. Don't know if it is a issue on my end or on tweaks end. Just wanted to put that out there.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintPre-1983 View Post
    I noticed that if you delete one of the patches that uses tweaks. Like i deleted the broswer sharing patch. Then I reisntalled it now my tweaks app says i have 26 tweaks for browser instead of 13 it just has double of everything. Don't know if it is a issue on my end or on tweaks end. Just wanted to put that out there.
    That should not be possible unless you have two configuration files for the patch with different id's. Did you happen to install the first time manually copying the file?
    I got it sorry I had manually put the json file in last night. I just deleted it and that took care of it sorry for the false alarm.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, actually it does not need to luna restart, you just have to close and reopen the app. If you're asking because you're finding it is not working, it's cause I wrote the owner in the patch to be something different than what it is. I already changed it and submitted the update to Preware.
    Yep, that was my fault. I introduced a bug into AUPT. You've changed the patch now to work around the bug, and I've approved that change on the portal so it will work for folks that update to it, but I'll need to fix it properly later on to use the full appid so we don't get collisions in the future.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just for the Record, I had the connecting to service error when installed via Preware. Fixed after reinstalling with WOSQI.
    Great app by the way, kudos to you guys.
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamazepine View Post
    Just for the Record, I had the connecting to service error when installed via Preware. Fixed after reinstalling with WOSQI.
    Great app by the way, kudos to you guys.
    Thanks - we still haven't tracked down why that is, but I have a suspicion it may be webOS hitting some timeout and cancelling the install service call.

I'm on holidays for the next couple of weeks, so may have some time to try and reproduce it then.

-- Rod
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast