Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So I had an interesting issue yesterday. I installed tweaks through Preware without incident. Then I noticed the camera app was no longer saving pictures. I thought it was possibly due to tweaks so I uninstalled it. Still had camera problem. When trying to reinstall tweaks it installed fine but then I got an error launching the app. It was a permission denied error on the DB 8 database.

[2011-04-12 11:26:36] (Tweaks) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'deleted' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.tweaks/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$206$

Sconix I see you mentioned you had this issue early in development. I would like to help troubleshoot as much as possible. The Camera issue has not gone away and could be linked with this issue.

I tried restarting phone multiple times without resolution to the issue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by IndyJoe; 04/12/2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    So I had an interesting issue yesterday. I installed tweaks through Preware without incident. Then I noticed the camera app was no longer saving pictures. I thought it was possibly due to tweaks so I uninstalled it. Still had camera problem. When trying to reinstall tweaks it installed fine but then I got an error launching the app. It was a permission denied error on the DB 8 database.

[2011-04-12 11:26:36] (Tweaks) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'deleted' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.tweaks/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$206$

Sconix I see you mentioned you had this issue early in development. I would like to help troubleshoot as much as possible.

I am now thinking that error as well will get fixed if you install via WOSQI, that this db error is caused by the same error that causes the service not starting when installed through preware.

For the camera problem its a WebOS 2.x bug, for me it helped to put the phone in usb mode and back. The problem is the USB partition to get "locked" so that no writing is allowed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #103  
    Tweaks 1.1.0 is released, with a new feature for tweaks developers to override the default owner.

The patch portal and auto-builder and AUPT upgrades to support Tweaks are complete.

There are two new patches available with Tweaks support.

All within 24h of the first release

We're on a roll ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Got the picture saving issue resolved by going into and out of Usb mode. This also solved the issue with installing tweaks through preware.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am now thinking that error as well will get fixed if you install via WOSQI, that this db error is caused by the same error that causes the service not starting when installed through preware.

For the camera problem its a WebOS 2.x bug, for me it helped to put the phone in usb mode and back. The problem is the USB partition to get "locked" so that no writing is allowed.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I would like to thank Rod and the webOSInternal team.
    ever since yesterday, I can't stop thinking about what I could tweak.

I want to Tweak the hell out of webOS.

my first tweak should be available now. it adds Multilingual category.
    I'll try to add more items to that category.

at the moment you can select the google maps locale. see attached images.
    after you change the language, you have to open google maps twice before the changes take effect.

Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    I would like to thank Rod and the webOSInternal team.
    ever since yesterday, I can't stop thinking about what I could tweak.

I want to Tweak the hell out of webOS.
    The main thanks needs to be to Sconix.

Whilst Eric and Brandon and I had discussed various ways of supporting configurable patches in the past, Sconix whipped up a prototype in 5 hours, and we then collectively refined the architecture, service and UI and then I built an upgrade to the homebrew ecosystem around it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #107  
    I also want to say how impressed Sconix and I are that malpha and avnera have been able to complete two new patches containing 14 new tweaks in under 24h from our first release of Tweaks. We hoped for, but didn't expect, the uptake to be this quick.

malpha in particular has combined quite a few disparate patches into one browser sharing super mix - a trend that we hope continues with lots of other single-feature patches that can be combined into configurable tweaks.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Got the picture saving issue resolved by going into and out of Usb mode. This also solved the issue with installing tweaks through preware.

Do you mean that it also fixed the installation through preware? Or that using WOSQI fixed that?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    how is it going to work where the new browser patch with tweaks not being compatible with multi mod and and mega mix for browser? will there be a way to incorporate all of the features through serperate patches or will one person have to combine then all into one super patch to make it work? not that i have any idea on how to do it but im just curious on what it will take. i dont want to lose those features but i want to be able to add the new tweaks as well.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Having MAJOR issues.

I installed Tweaks earlier today and installed the compatible patches. I then started noticing that my Pre's rear speaker was very, very quiet. Recognizing this as the first sign of me having screwed up somewhere, I took it to the Doctor. However, upon plugging it in, even in recovery mode, it does either one of two things, seemingly without any correlation. One, it stays at "Please connect your device directly to your computer" and never shows next, or it detects it, but never gets past "Charging device". I then uninstalled all of my patches and tried again. Nothing.

Any suggestions? I'm completely stumped.
    I had a similar issue. After I enabled the developer mode in my Pre, the device was detected by the doctor and I was able to proceed.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Do you mean that it also fixed the installation through preware? Or that using WOSQI fixed that?
    I mean that I unstalled Tweaks. Connected via USB to my PC. Disconnected. Pictures worked and then re-installing Tweaks through Preware worked.
    are your pictures still working? how long has it been?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    are your pictures still working? how long has it been?
    Pictures are still working, but from my understanding this is just a temporary fix. This was about 30 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I also want to say how impressed Sconix and I are that malpha and avnera have been able to complete two new patches containing 14 new tweaks in under 24h from our first release of Tweaks. We hoped for, but didn't expect, the uptake to be this quick.

malpha in particular has combined quite a few disparate patches into one browser sharing super mix - a trend that we hope continues with lots of other single-feature patches that can be combined into configurable tweaks.

-- Rod
    Well, Sconix and you all did all the hard work, without it I was looking at making a separate preferences assistant/view and what not, soooo...Tweaks is a lot easier to uptake.

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31
    how is it going to work where the new browser patch with tweaks not being compatible with multi mod and and mega mix for browser? will there be a way to incorporate all of the features through serperate patches or will one person have to combine then all into one super patch to make it work? not that i have any idea on how to do it but im just curious on what it will take. i dont want to lose those features but i want to be able to add the new tweaks as well.
    thanks
    Well, currently MultiMod is compatible (on my end). For MegaMix, the only conflict really is that it adds gesture commands for things I have already added gesture commands for, so mamouton could take those things out of MegaMix before updating it for Tweaks as he indicated he was looking into and I can add in the Landscape scroll. I guess maybe I should have gone with a more general name than Sharing...well, it was the main purpose of the patch and I was having a lapse in my usual name creating genius, so yeah.

I guess the way it would work is everyone can collaborate if they have features that conflict with an already available tweak and you'd just add on the patch authors. Shouldn't be hard to Dropbox something back and forth. Also, anyone can update a patch, so if you take the modified files and add something on to it, you can submit that update yourself.

But if there's no feature conflict, it should be easy to add. The tweaks app should read all json files, so if you make another configurable browser patch, it doesn't have to be added to an existing patch's json file, you would make your own.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Installing the Super Sharing ahora!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    one thing i noticed when changing options in the new browser patch is that it doesnt prompt to restart luna after changes. also maybe it is a good idea to have the luna manager screen as an option in the menus like preware for such an occasion.
    just an idea.

also i am not seeing the options change even after luna restart. i still only have share via email and sms. am i looking in the wrong spot?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    one thing i noticed when changing options in the new browser patch is that it doesnt prompt to restart luna after changes. also maybe it is a good idea to have the luna manager screen as an option in the menus like preware for such an occasion.
    just an idea.
    Well, actually it does not need to luna restart, you just have to close and reopen the app. If you're asking because you're finding it is not working, it's cause I wrote the owner in the patch to be something different than what it is. I already changed it and submitted the update to Preware.

For things that do need luna restart (like sconix's top bar stuff), that is handled by Tweaks via a button that pops up if you flick a switch that needs a luna restart.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    I just installed the new version of Tweaks, and it seems to no longer let me update my settings. Well, I can make selections in the app, but they are not taking effect. I had disabled the GPS and Mute icon, but those are back. I did "Open to New card" in message, but it doesn't. I have tried Luna restarts. I have tried turning those functions back on, Luna restart, turning them off, luna restart, but to no success.

I am running a Sprint FrankenPre2 on 2.1
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Not sure if related to tweaks, but since using it, I notice the menu drop down that shows the battery percent is getting stuck vs what the tweaks battery icon percent & dr battery say. Sometimes it just stays stuck at 100% in the dropdown, but the icon & dr battery report the correct %. I uninstalled my original battery patch to just use tweaks battery icon and dont have any other battery patches.
    malpha, do you need to do a full phone restart after installing the browser megamix? I did the luna restart, and I show all the tweaks but none of them are working in the browser as they say they are in tweaks. I have no share to neato! or copy to clipboard or private browsing option even though they show as enabled..
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast