Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Is there any way to get tweaks and other apps directly as ipk's instead of installing preware first?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Is there any way to get tweaks and other apps directly as ipk's instead of installing preware first?
    Open up the feeds list in your web browser.

ipkg.preware.org
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Can't wait to check out the documentation.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its not the service thing itself that has the issue, its the permissions for the database not getting installed. If you have command line (ssh or novaterm access) to the device you could help me out, the best would be if you could reach me on irc or at least by email.

EDIT: actually not sure at this point, the permission should have a clear error dialog saying its a permission problem so it might be that it is the service that is not working for you, in that case I would love to see logs
    Installed with Web OS Quick Install 4.04 and it is working fine, directly without any type of reinstall.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    is it possible to use the battery icon option to be able to install custom battery icons? I.e. An "add icon patch" option that allowed you to download and toggle a patch from a link/folder because I am quite frustrated that I am unable to install my favourite circle battery patch
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 04/11/2011 at 12:17 PM.
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    is it possible to use the battery icon option to be able to install custom battery icons? I.e. An "add icon patch" option that allowed you to download and toggle a patch from a link/folder because I am quite frustrated that I am unable to install my favourite circle battery patch
    i think this is a question to be posed on the Advanced System Menus thread. http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...menus-2-x.html
    confirmed also. if you get an error after installing through preware try through quick install. this worked perfectly.
    no support for webOS 2.0.1?
    Do the Advanced System Prefs patches support tweaks?
    When you go into the preware patch feed anything with a green cross band aid is supported for tweaks. I think there are only a hand full right now. Advanced system menus framework and advance system behavoirs are the only two Sconix I know of right now.
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no support for webOS 2.0.1?
    The Tweaks app will work on 2.x.x, but the patches that are coded to work with Tweaks, are only for 2.1.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    When you go into the preware patch feed anything with a green cross band aid is supported for tweaks. I think there are only a hand full right now. Advanced system menus framework and advance system behavoirs are the only two Sconix I know of right now.
    As stated in this post, the patches with the green plus/patch icon are the current patches supporting the Tweaks app.

More will be coming for sure. I'll get around to posting the patch developer info stuff to the wiki page hopefully this afternoon. Then patch devs can really start cranking updated, tweaks support patches.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    If you get into your Pre, there is an example file for how to add the preferences to Tweaks in the org.webosinternals.tweaks file and you can check Framework patch in the meanwhile too.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    confirmed also. if you get an error after installing through preware try through quick install. this worked perfectly.
    @oakridge outdoors: Can you consider to update the Troubleshooting/FAQs section with this information? Thanks
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    @oakridge outdoors: Can you consider to update the Troubleshooting/FAQs section with this information? Thanks
    Will do. This and a number of other items are slated to be added to the wiki.

Gonna update my Browser Sharing Patch pretty soon:

WebOSInternals is so boss.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Not at the moment, I only added few to behavior and menus, but really need to get MS 2.0 out now then back to adding stuff to my patches
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Gonna update my Browser Sharing Patch pretty soon:

WebOSInternals is so boss.
    Good to see that other patch makers are catching tweaks quickly We tried to make it as easy as possible for patches to add configuration and I guess we succeeded at least on some level since there are already couple patches that I know coming with tweaks support
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    LAUNCHER TWEAKS!!!

Maybe someday....great work peeps!
    Will d/l when I get home.

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Good to see that other patch makers are catching tweaks quickly We tried to make it as easy as possible for patches to add configuration and I guess we succeeded at least on some level since there are already couple patches that I know coming with tweaks support
    I'll be making some compatible patches once I figure out how it works... lol
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast