Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    This is just great ! Thanks webOS Internals (about to donate)
    still getting the unable to scan available tweaks. uninstalling the advanced system behavior and trying again. the advanced system prefs patches are not included in the patches that are tweakable correct? they dont have the grean patch but i am just making sure because they all updated over the weekend.
    thanks

Still no go :-( i guess an epr is in order dont know what else to do.
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/11/2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I think i am in love <3!
    What services are used and how can i tell if they are running correctly. trying to figure out why this wont work for me.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Why do no tweaks show up? I have to install the tweaks in preware for tweaks to show? That doesn't make a lick of sense..?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    still getting the unable to scan available tweaks. uninstalling the advanced system behavior and trying again. the advanced system prefs patches are not included in the patches that are tweakable correct? they dont have the grean patch but i am just making sure because they all updated over the weekend.
    thanks

Still no go :-( i guess an epr is in order dont know what else to do.
    Me too. I try in emulator without any patches installed and showed same message (logically) but the array of categories also showed (in gray) but in my Pre not showed, background completely white after message. In emulator after install Advanced System Behavior 2.1.0-60, Tweaks works good.
    May be EPR also last option for me too.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    Why do no tweaks show up? I have to install the tweaks in preware for tweaks to show? That doesn't make a lick of sense..?
    The Tweaks app does not provide the "tweaks". You will need to install "Tweaks" supported patches for the Tweaks app to control/"tweak". In Preware, the Tweaks supported patches have a distinctive green plus sign in the icon.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    What services are used and how can i tell if they are running correctly. trying to figure out why this wont work for me.
    thanks
    The error means that the tweaks app cannot talk to the service that comes with the app, why that is bit harder to say. Have you tried re-install of tweaks and restarting phone after. The service really should get registered on install.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    If you update your feeds in preware and check out the patches submitted today, you will see some patches have a green band-aid. Those are the ones that need to be installed and can later be configured to your liking by using the Tweaks app.
    love this app but on palm dark
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The error means that the tweaks app cannot talk to the service that comes with the app, why that is bit harder to say. Have you tried re-install of tweaks and restarting phone after. The service really should get registered on install.

trying a remove restart install restart right now. will report i a few.
    The patch works fine though on its own
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/11/2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    A tag line of "Tweak The Hell Out Of WebOS"? Sconix, are you an Aggie?

ETA: despite the location of Austin, TX, I am not a Longhorn, I am a Jayhawk - I just *work* for UT...
    yeah no go. after a fresh install and full restart.
    yeah no go. after a fresh install and full restart.
    Me too again. Is there any way that we can see if the service work? Lumberjack can help?
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    glad i am not the only one. i am on a meta dr sprint pre- running 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Me too again. Is there any way that we can see if the service work? Lumberjack can help?
    glad i am not the only one. i am on a meta dr sprint pre- running 2.1
    The problem most likely is database permission problem. We saw this happen on early stages of development, but I haven't been able to reproduce this even though I have tried so many times. The problem is in the installation procedure of JSJSJS $services$. $The$ $reason$ $might$ $be$ $in$ $the$ $packaging$ $of$ $the$ $app$ $but$ $just$ $haven$'$t$ $been$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $this$ $happen$ $again$ $so$ $that$ $I$ $could$ $study$ $this$ $more$. $There$ $is$ $a$ $manual$ $way$ $to$ $configure$ $the$ $permissions$ $but$ $its$ $not$ $an$ $easy$ $one$ $and$ $requires$ $command$ $line$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $device$. $I$ $am$ $still$ $trying$ $to$ $get$ $this$ $to$ $happen$ $to$ $me$ $as$ $we$ $speak$ $in$ $hopes$ $that$ $I$ $could$ $try$ $to$ $find$ $the$ $reason$, $since$ $I$ $have$ $seen$ $the$ $same$ $problem$ $with$ $MS$ $2$.$0$. $One$ $thing$ $you$ $could$ $try$ $in$ $meantime$ $if$ $already$ $haven$'$t$ $that$ $uninstall$ $the$ $package$ $and$ $reboot$, $then$ $install$ $again$ ($this$ $could$ $clear$ $some$ $cache$ $that$ $prevents$ $the$ $installation$ $of$ $the$ $permission$ $during$ $the$ $installation$).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    i have tried that already a few times. i dont have any other issues with anything as far as systoolsmgr or filemgr. i had to dr back to 1.4.5 at one point to get my prl info so my harddrive was wiped and now i am back on 2.1 again. my dr. came from cygwin but i have not had a single problem with it ever until this. there is no log i can pull that would show the error. more than happy to help you find the issue.
    i have tried that already a few times. i dont have any other issues with anything as far as systoolsmgr or filemgr. i had to dr back to 1.4.5 at one point to get my prl info so my harddrive was wiped and now i am back on 2.1 again. my dr. came from cygwin but i have not had a single problem with it ever until this. there is no log i can pull that would show the error. more than happy to help you find the issue.
    Its not the service thing itself that has the issue, its the permissions for the database not getting installed. If you have command line (ssh or novaterm access) to the device you could help me out, the best would be if you could reach me on irc or at least by email.

EDIT: actually not sure at this point, the permission should have a clear error dialog saying its a permission problem so it might be that it is the service that is not working for you, in that case I would love to see logs
    pm sent
    does installing the advanced system framework after this stop you from being able to install any battery icon patches, such as the circle battery icon patch.
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast