webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > Tweaks
Tweaks
Like Tree6Likes

Old 09/03/2012, 09:17 AM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
ive had the same issue countless times and have cone to a potential theory..

every time mine goes mental and luna restarts the device ive noticed over time that the active jail for tweaks which is typically noticable when using Tailor, is not there anymore, can you maybe run Tailor, get the message about "danger will robinson thar be jails active" etc and scroll far bottom, you should have your media/internal possibly /media/ext3fs if u made an ubuntu partition etc, possibly /opt and im guessing your entry for tweaks will be missing?

i'm purely guessing as mines always gone when tweaks starts doing reboots every launch, and removing then installing doesnt get the jail entry back.

normally there should be a line in tailor that reads

USB (Media) /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/internal
pictture/attachment enclosed of a "normal" condition.

if you could check and see if you also have the same issue then maybe that can help solve it, if you dont then it at least eliminates my longshot theory (which doesnt help me the next time i get the problem again).
Well, mine is always mounted when launching Tweaks. Looks like the plot thickens...
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 09/03/2012, 12:18 PM   #282 (permalink)

1 theory eliminated, im stumped, my logs have never showed anything, doesnt look like theres time to get anything in the log, its literaly a case of launch tweaks, *BAM* Instant Reset.
Old 09/04/2012, 08:24 AM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
1 theory eliminated, im stumped, my logs have never showed anything, doesnt look like theres time to get anything in the log, its literaly a case of launch tweaks, *BAM* Instant Reset.
And that's what I see in Lumberjack too. Launch and then WebKit crash. Nothing in-between to show what causes it outside of launching. Hopefully there's a fix soon. I really would like to play with the new Luna settings in LunaCE.
Old 09/04/2012, 08:59 AM   #284 (permalink)

have you tried removing all patches and deleting tweaks and reboot. Then reinstall tweaks and see if it works just installing the advanced patches? Maybe its something in there ?
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 01:53 PM   #285 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
have you tried removing all patches and deleting tweaks and reboot. Then reinstall tweaks and see if it works just installing the advanced patches? Maybe its something in there ?
I'll give that a try. If I remember correctly, the only patches I had installed were the no auto reload browser, enable private browsing, and maybe 1 or 2 others (all which didn't rely on Tweaks, except LunaCE).
Old 09/04/2012, 03:51 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
never worked for me yet, the only thign that cured it was an eventual doctor, and i never did that just to get tweaks working, thats too drastic, id just wait until an instance where i had no choice but to doctor.
Old 01/28/2013, 02:09 PM   #287 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I still have this crash when opening Tweaks, it's been going on for months now and even a doctor didn't help. I only have a few patched installed and LunaCE. I've already asked on IRC multiples times and did some debugging but noone could get something from the debugging.

Noone came around a solution in the meantime? Because luna-send is not always that handy to use.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0