Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    On my EU Pre3 2.2.4, Tweaks is suddenly now just scanning for installed tweaks, and never gets done. I tried removing Tweaks and all patches that use Tweaks, rebooted and re-installed. Didn't help.

Also did an EPR, and that also didn't help.

Help?
    Last edited by olebl; 01/18/2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    On my touchpad (3.0.5), I see only one tweak, email reply/forward.
    While I was on 3.0.4, there were many options, such as browser, etc.

I have the same set of patches installed.

Is there anything I am missing since the 3.0.5 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    On my touchpad (3.0.5), I see only one tweak, email reply/forward.
    While I was on 3.0.4, there were many options, such as browser, etc.

I have the same set of patches installed.

Is there anything I am missing since the 3.0.5 update?
    Were have you got the same set of patches. There is no patches released for 3.0.5 currently at least in public feed. There are few test patches in beta feed, but actually by looking at the beta patch packages they are missing the tweaks files so thats the reason why you are missing the tweaks if you have beta patches installed. I will fix the patch packages in beta feed or we actually might put the patches into public feed already will have to see.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Were have you got the same set of patches. There is no patches released for 3.0.5 currently at least in public feed. There are few test patches in beta feed, but actually by looking at the beta patch packages they are missing the tweaks files so thats the reason why you are missing the tweaks if you have beta patches installed. I will fix the patch packages in beta feed or we actually might put the patches into public feed already will have to see.
    The tweaks-enabled patches in the beta feed are now fixed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Thank you, Sconix and Rod for such a quick turnaround.

I'll try them and let you know if there are any more issues.
    Thank you, Sconix and Rod for such a quick turnaround.

I'll try them and let you know if there are any more issues.

Agreed. Quick turnaround especially considering the changes in 3.0.5
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I don't see the tweak option, enable private browsing by default in browser.
    I have the private browsing patch installed.
    I saw a lot of patches were updated in last day or so.

Can you please look into it when you get a chance?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

+ 1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palmermj0 View Post
    + 1

Thanks
    Should be in the next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I'm having the following problem: "Configuration could not be saved since the service returned an error!". I tried with both a browser patch and camera patch on 2.2.4

I tried re-installing via webOS Quick Installer, sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.tweaks.postinst and ls-control scan-services

But that didn't solve the problem. Any way to get this fixed or to troubleshoot what's causing the problem?
    Last edited by Herrie; 02/05/2012 at 05:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I'm having the following problem: "Configuration could not be saved since the service returned an error!". I tried with both a browser patch and camera patch on 2.2.4

I tried re-installing via webOS Quick Installer, sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.tweaks.postinst and ls-control scan-services

But that didn't solve the problem. Any way to get this fixed or to troubleshoot what's causing the problem?
    That sounds like a database problem, maybe you could try to delete all entries in the Tweaks database with Impostah. That should fix the problem unless its something more serious.
    That sounds like a database problem, maybe you could try to delete all entries in the Tweaks database with Impostah. That should fix the problem unless its something more serious.
    That didn't do the trick

[edit]
    I did a fresh restore of 2.2.4 on my test Veer and having the same problem there. The only thing I can think of that MIGHT cause the problems is that the automatic updates are disabled. I'm now trying to restore 2.2.3 to see if that one has the same problem or not.

[edit2]
    On 2.2.3 I have the same problem on the veer. Tried enabling the UpdateDaemon but that didn't solve the problem.

[edit3]
    It seems to work for a little while, when I start to flick switches I start to get this error after a short while.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot to figure out where the problem is?
    Last edited by Herrie; 02/05/2012 at 03:01 PM.
    [edit3]
    It seems to work for a little while, when I start to flick switches I start to get this error after a short while.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot to figure out where the problem is?
    I can consistently reproduce this on pre3/2.2.4 veer/2.2.4 veer/2.1.1 and occasionally on emulator/2.2.4 by swiping instead of tapping the switch.
    Last edited by ekstergans; 02/09/2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekstergans View Post
    I can consistently reproduce this on pre3/2.2.4 veer/2.2.4 veer/2.1.1 and occasionally on emulator/2.2.4 by swiping instead of tapping the switch.
    Don't think the switches are meant to be swiped, that causes the framework to send the event many times which causes configuration save request send many times which will fail and cause the error. I would say this is problem in the framework since I don't think it should send the signal many times if you try to swipe the switch, but for some reason it seems to do so. I can try to add some hack to prevent this from happening when swiping for the next release.
    Don't think the switches are meant to be swiped, that causes the framework to send the event many times which causes configuration save request send many times which will fail and cause the error. I would say this is problem in the framework since I don't think it should send the signal many times if you try to swipe the switch, but for some reason it seems to do so. I can try to add some hack to prevent this from happening when swiping for the next release.
    That would be good. It seems to happen completely randomly currently, sometimes from first flick, sometimes after flicking a few switches.

I'm happy to be a guinea pig to test possible fixes
    Quote Originally Posted by ekstergans View Post
    I noticed the same problem and indeed it seems to be caused by swiping the switch instead of touching. Not a big deal when you know that the switch should be touched, not swiped.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    not sure whats going down, but the last 2-3 versions of tweaks brings up the loadign card then auto reboots/restarts luna.
    Have you resolved this? Tweaks works perfectly on my Pre3 but my fiance's TouchPad luna resets every time I launch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    Have you resolved this? Tweaks works perfectly on my Pre3 but my fiance's TouchPad luna resets every time I launch it.
    you should delete tweaks and reinstall it through preware if its rebooting Luna . That would be the first thing I would try.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should delete tweaks and reinstall it through preware if its rebooting Luna . That would be the first thing I would try.
    Already tried that, plus deleting via the launcher.
    ive had the same issue countless times and have cone to a potential theory..

every time mine goes mental and luna restarts the device ive noticed over time that the active jail for tweaks which is typically noticable when using Tailor, is not there anymore, can you maybe run Tailor, get the message about "danger will robinson thar be jails active" etc and scroll far bottom, you should have your media/internal possibly /media/ext3fs if u made an ubuntu partition etc, possibly /opt and im guessing your entry for tweaks will be missing?

i'm purely guessing as mines always gone when tweaks starts doing reboots every launch, and removing then installing doesnt get the jail entry back.

normally there should be a line in tailor that reads

USB (Media) /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/media/internal
    pictture/attachment enclosed of a "normal" condition.

if you could check and see if you also have the same issue then maybe that can help solve it, if you dont then it at least eliminates my longshot theory (which doesnt help me the next time i get the problem again).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<