Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagani713 View Post
    Please excuse my general ignorance, I've just started Patching some webOS stuff on my Touchpad and am still pretty inexperienced when it comes to much more than editing a .conf or .json file and creating a patch from it.

I want to create a set of Tweaks options for the Just type... box.

I've already created and installed 2 patches that remove the text "Just type..." and decrease the size of the search box, but I'd like to try to make it Tweakable and release it to the community, but I can't figure out the best way to incorporate the Tweaks values into the Just type... settings.

The patches effect 2 strings.json files and the layoutSettings.conf file.

I've created a setting group in Tweaks already, and just put the .json file in the Tweaks preferences folder for testing purposes.

Where do I go from here? I know I need to add some Javascript functions for successfully calling the getTweaks method, but whereabouts would I do this? Or is what I'd like to do even something that could easily be done?

Do I need to edit the JustType.jsjsjs $file$? $I$ $can$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $find$ $where$ $any$ $of$ $those$ $things$ $would$ $be$ $set$.

Thanks in advance for any and all information, advice, helpful links, etc. that any of you provide.
    It's not possible to use Tweaks to configure static file patches.

You need some running javascript which accesses the Tweaks database to read the configured values.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by dagani713 View Post
    Please excuse my general ignorance, I've just started Patching some webOS stuff on my Touchpad and am still pretty inexperienced when it comes to much more than editing a .conf or .json file and creating a patch from it.

I want to create a set of Tweaks options for the Just type... box.

I've already created and installed 2 patches that remove the text "Just type..." and decrease the size of the search box, but I'd like to try to make it Tweakable and release it to the community, but I can't figure out the best way to incorporate the Tweaks values into the Just type... settings.

The patches effect 2 strings.json files and the layoutSettings.conf file.

I've created a setting group in Tweaks already, and just put the .json file in the Tweaks preferences folder for testing purposes.

Where do I go from here? I know I need to add some Javascript functions for successfully calling the getTweaks method, but whereabouts would I do this? Or is what I'd like to do even something that could easily be done?

Do I need to edit the JustType.jsjsjs $file$? $I$ $can$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $find$ $where$ $any$ $of$ $those$ $things$ $would$ $be$ $set$.

Thanks in advance for any and all information, advice, helpful links, etc. that any of you provide.
    Well JustType is part of LunaManager which is binary app so there is no code where to put the tweaks stuff. So you can't tweakify your patch at least easily, in theory its only possible via doing a service that edits the strings file, but thats not very feasible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I know it is a small thing and may not be very high on the agenda. But, is there any plans to fix the resolution of Tweaks for the Pre3. It just doesn't seem befitting for a homebrew app to have the black/blank band on the bottom. Thanks.
    Just wanted to post the question again. The fix suggested by 'volcom45' does not work for 'Tweaks'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Just wanted to post the question again. The fix suggested by 'volcom45' does not work for 'Tweaks'.
    Sorry have forgotten the whole thing, will release an update tonight.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks for the info sconix and rwhitby.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sorry have forgotten the whole thing, will release an update tonight.
    Thank you. Now to post reminders/requests to other devs, to update their apps for the Pre3.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    1.62 returns a Unknown Service error.
    touchpad 3.04
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    1.62 returns a Unknown Service error.
    touchpad 3.04
    Can you try re-installing and rebooting. Its a problem with service configuration file not getting installed.
    installed 1.8.1 from preware and changelog states it's 1.8.1 but when opening the app it shows 1.8.0. Plus restart luna not working from the pulldown. Running 3.0.4 and preware version 1.8.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo95993 View Post
    installed 1.8.1 from preware and changelog states it's 1.8.1 but when opening the app it shows 1.8.0. Plus restart luna not working from the pulldown. Running 3.0.4 and preware version 1.8.4.
    Yes 1.8.2 was released to fix the version, but yes it also seems that I broke the restart action after testing it to be working, so fix coming.
    ariker01 likes this.
    I noticed that Tweaks on the Touchpad 3.0.4 (and really earlier) gives you a number of available tweaks when you start it up. I am assuming that number is based on tweaks the user has NOT implemented. Is there a good way to review the available tweaks within the Tweaks app (or is there some other method)? I might just not be reading them very well, but the descriptions of the patches don't always say that it is Tweaks-enabled.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    only tweaks enabled patches (the ones with the green cross in their icons) are tweak enabled. Tweaks only facilitates a patch it holds no tweaks of it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    I noticed that Tweaks on the Touchpad 3.0.4 (and really earlier) gives you a number of available tweaks when you start it up. I am assuming that number is based on tweaks the user has NOT implemented. Is there a good way to review the available tweaks within the Tweaks app (or is there some other method)? I might just not be reading them very well, but the descriptions of the patches don't always say that it is Tweaks-enabled.
    At the moment no, I plan to add a feature that at least the new tweaks are on bold text or something, but haven't had time to do that or anything else to ease up the finding of the newly installed tweaks.
    not sure whats going down, but the last 2-3 versions of tweaks brings up the loadign card then auto reboots/restarts luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    not sure whats going down, but the last 2-3 versions of tweaks brings up the loadign card then auto reboots/restarts luna.
    What phone/webOS version? The Enyo interface is now default so maybe you have problem with Enyo installation.
    my touchpad of all things is the offender in this case, on my pre3 its perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    my touchpad of all things is the offender in this case, on my pre3 its perfectly fine.
    Then could you send me the /var/log/messages file to: scorpio.iix at gmail.com

You can copy that file for example with internalz right after the "crash" happens, and then attach it to email.
    sent, cheers.

EDIT: random observation here, just noticed after 1 of the crashes i deliberatly did when running tweaks to catch something in the logs, my touchpads clock has reset to 1:00, tad weird that, not seen that before after any crash/lockup before.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 11/08/2011 at 12:46 PM.
    After I updated my phone to 2.2.4 I noticed that all of the tweaks I'd had in 2.1.0 were still listed, even though a number of those patches aren't available (or aren't even needed). Once I did a bit of documentation reading I realized that this is because neither EPR nor uninstalling Tweaks remove the JSON files-- which is as it should be. But it is still a bit confusing and generates error messages if you try to change a nonexistent setting.

Would it be possible to have Tweaks ignore JSON files that don't have a matching patch installed?
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
    After I updated my phone to 2.2.4 I noticed that all of the tweaks I'd had in 2.1.0 were still listed, even though a number of those patches aren't available (or aren't even needed). Once I did a bit of documentation reading I realized that this is because neither EPR nor uninstalling Tweaks remove the JSON files-- which is as it should be.
    Actually, it's a missing feature from EPR, and is available for testing in the beta-apps version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals