Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I just submitted my first 3.0.0 patch of an Enyo app, so I updated the wiki with some additional pointers for Enyo-style integration.
    Thanks! The info you added to the wiki is just what I needed.

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I am releasing the enyofied version (1.5.0) of Tweaks into testing feed today.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Thanks! The info you added to the wiki is just what I needed.

Happy to help spread the knowledge!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me make my two patches into a tweak. I essentially need to figure out a way to hide certain buttons. I have not been able to figure out a way to change the properties of a button with tweaks... I am a newb at this so...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ower-menu.html
    I just installed the new update that was released. I dont know if it is Tweaks or sconix's advanced patches that caused this but I noticed after updating Tweaks that the tweak that changes the battery icon to a percent or any other option it gives doesnt work, even after luna/device restart. All I have now it the original battery icon. Could the update have messed that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I just installed the new update that was released. I dont know if it is Tweaks or sconix's advanced patches that caused this but I noticed after updating Tweaks that the tweak that changes the battery icon to a percent or any other option it gives doesnt work, even after luna/device restart. All I have now it the original battery icon. Could the update have messed that up?
    Its working for me, have you checked that the setting in the tweaks app is still as you have set it? If yes and still no percentage try re-installing tweaks.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its working for me, have you checked that the setting in the tweaks app is still as you have set it? If yes and still no percentage try re-installing tweaks.
    Yes, I checked it and tried changing it to other options and restarting luna to see if any of them will take effect but nothing changed. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling tweaks now.
    Ok, reinstalled Tweaks and everything is back to normal. thanks Sconix
    Does Tweaks work with any app you patch, or does it only work for the installed apps/the categories you see on startup?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Does Tweaks work with any app you patch, or does it only work for the installed apps/the categories you see on startup?
    Yes, the patch/app that provides the json file can set the category and group to be anything. There are just few preset ones to give some idea that what sort of categories there can be.
    Yes, the patch/app that provides the json file can set the category and group to be anything. There are just few preset ones to give some idea that what sort of categories there can be.
    Oh, ok, do you think you can give me some help here? Man, it's so basic asking code questions here, but I'm getting increasingly annoyed with myself. I'm trying to do a patch for Spotify and I want to let people choose their twitter client in Tweaks, but I guess I'm doing the Tweaks part wrong. This is what I have so far:

Code:
        share: function(what,title,message,data) {
            if(what === 'share-facebook-cmd') {
                this.shareFacebook(message);
            } else if(what === 'share-messaging-cmd') {
                this.shareMessaging(message);
            } else if(what === 'share-email-cmd') {
                this.shareEmail(title,message);
            } else if(what === 'share-friend-cmd') {
                this.shareFriend(data.id);
            } else if(what === 'share-twitter-cmd') {
    			this.shareTwitter(message); // [1]
    		}
        },
    So if someone picks the Tweet option, the shareTwitter function should be called, which looks like this:

Code:
        shareTwitter:  function(message) {
    		this.getTweaksPrefs = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/", {
    			method: 'get', parameters: {'owner': "spotify-add-twitter-sharing", 
    			keys: ["twitterapp"]},
    			onSuccess: function(response) {
    				if(response) {
    					if(response.twitterapp == badkitty) 
    						this.shareBadKitty(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == spaz)
    						this.shareSpaz(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == quickpost)
    						this.shareQuickPost(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == tachyon)
    						this.shareTachyon(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == carbon)
    						this.shareCarbon(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == twee)
    						this.shareTwee(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == tweed)
    						this.shareTweed(message);
    					}
    				}.bind(this)});
    	},
    And then based on value, it'll call the right Twitter function. But right now, when clicking on the Tweet option, nothing happens (default is it should use Bad Kitty). However, if I change where I have shareTwitter [1] in the first part to shareBadKitty, then Bad Kitty will launch ok. So I guess there's something wrong with my shareTwitter function or my json file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Oh, ok, do you think you can give me some help here? Man, it's so basic asking code questions here, but I'm getting increasingly annoyed with myself. I'm trying to do a patch for Spotify and I want to let people choose their twitter client in Tweaks, but I guess I'm doing the Tweaks part wrong. This is what I have so far:

Code:
        share: function(what,title,message,data) {
            if(what === 'share-facebook-cmd') {
                this.shareFacebook(message);
            } else if(what === 'share-messaging-cmd') {
                this.shareMessaging(message);
            } else if(what === 'share-email-cmd') {
                this.shareEmail(title,message);
            } else if(what === 'share-friend-cmd') {
                this.shareFriend(data.id);
            } else if(what === 'share-twitter-cmd') {
    			this.shareTwitter(message); // [1]
    		}
        },
    So if someone picks the Tweet option, the shareTwitter function should be called, which looks like this:

Code:
        shareTwitter:  function(message) {
    		this.getTweaksPrefs = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/", {
    			method: 'get', parameters: {'owner': "spotify-add-twitter-sharing", 
    			keys: ["twitterapp"]},
    			onSuccess: function(response) {
    				if(response) {
    					if(response.twitterapp == badkitty) 
    						this.shareBadKitty(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == spaz)
    						this.shareSpaz(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == quickpost)
    						this.shareQuickPost(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == tachyon)
    						this.shareTachyon(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == carbon)
    						this.shareCarbon(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == twee)
    						this.shareTwee(message);
    					if(response.twitterapp == tweed)
    						this.shareTweed(message);
    					}
    				}.bind(this)});
    	},
    And then based on value, it'll call the right Twitter function. But right now, when clicking on the Tweet option, nothing happens (default is it should use Bad Kitty). However, if I change where I have shareTwitter [1] in the first part to shareBadKitty, then Bad Kitty will launch ok. So I guess there's something wrong with my shareTwitter function or my json file.
    It all looks correct to me. You should log the response.twitterapp in the success function to see what tweaks is returning you. The json is correct if you are seeing the options correctly in Tweaks.
    It all looks correct to me. You should log the response.twitterapp in the success function to see what tweaks is returning you. The json is correct if you are seeing the options correctly in Tweaks.
    Thanks to your suggestion, I got it now....I forgot to make those values strings....hahaha, I totally hate myself right now.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Thanks to your suggestion, I got it now....I forgot to make those values strings....hahaha, I totally hate myself right now.
    Well even I did not notice it Well with quick look it looked correct, but glad you finally notices it
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Touchpad version has a tweak to hide onscreen keyboard on the Xecutah terminal, can the script behind the functionality be shared please?
  16.    #236  
    Look in the source code for the patch or app which provides that tweak.

-- Rod
    I know it is a small thing and may not be very high on the agenda. But, is there any plans to fix the resolution of Tweaks for the Pre3. It just doesn't seem befitting for a homebrew app to have the black/blank band on the bottom. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I know it is a small thing and may not be very high on the agenda. But, is there any plans to fix the resolution of Tweaks for the Pre3. It just doesn't seem befitting for a homebrew app to have the black/blank band on the bottom. Thanks.
    That's quite easy to do yourself. Read this link and use Internalz Pro to add that line of code into the index.html of any app this bugs you with. I've done it on most my Pre3 apps. Works great!

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3165912
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    That's quite easy to do yourself. Read this link and use Internalz Pro to add that line of code into the index.html of any app this bugs you with. I've done it on most my Pre3 apps. Works great!

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3165912
    Thanks. I was able to fix quite a few apps, including Intenalz Pro. lol But ironically, this does not fix 'Tweaks'. So, i suppose I am back to my original request. In any case, considering this is such a small fix, wouldn't it be nice of the original devs could just fix the apps for the Pre3.

PS: What are the repucersions of these changes, if and when one of these apps is actually updated?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Please excuse my general ignorance, I've just started Patching some webOS stuff on my Touchpad and am still pretty inexperienced when it comes to much more than editing a .conf or .json file and creating a patch from it.

I want to create a set of Tweaks options for the Just type... box.

I've already created and installed 2 patches that remove the text "Just type..." and decrease the size of the search box, but I'd like to try to make it Tweakable and release it to the community, but I can't figure out the best way to incorporate the Tweaks values into the Just type... settings.

The patches effect 2 strings.json files and the layoutSettings.conf file.

I've created a setting group in Tweaks already, and just put the .json file in the Tweaks preferences folder for testing purposes.

Where do I go from here? I know I need to add some Javascript functions for successfully calling the getTweaks method, but whereabouts would I do this? Or is what I'd like to do even something that could easily be done?

Do I need to edit the JustType.jsjsjs $file$? $I$ $can$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $find$ $where$ $any$ $of$ $those$ $things$ $would$ $be$ $set$.

Thanks in advance for any and all information, advice, helpful links, etc. that any of you provide.