Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    that's odd. Works fine on usb tether here. 2.1.0 Pre+ Vzw. I use it to connect both Puppy Linux and Ubuntu over USB. Have not tried with Windows as I don't own a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    that's odd. Works fine on usb tether here. 2.1.0 Pre+ Vzw. I use it to connect both Puppy Linux and Ubuntu over USB. Have not tried with Windows as I don't own a copy.
    Beg your pardon, but if you haven't tried with Windows and don't own a copy, then why are you responding?
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthore View Post
    Beg your pardon, but if you haven't tried with Windows and don't own a copy, then why are you responding?
    So Eric and I a pretty much of the opinion that freeTether shouldn't be a "USB gadget settings" tool (there are other "official tools" for that). The options were exposed initially because I didn't really know how we should handle the auto enabling of usbnet for people. Maybe I will add it back as a hidden feature, but I havent decided.

With that being said, 1.4.5 and 2.x have slightly different options wrt the usb gadget driver so there might be an issue if you migrated from 1.4.5 to 2.x. Fresh installs on either OS should work without an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    So Eric and I a pretty much of the opinion that freeTether shouldn't be a "USB gadget settings" tool (there are other "official tools" for that). The options were exposed initially because I didn't really know how we should handle the auto enabling of usbnet for people. Maybe I will add it back as a hidden feature, but I havent decided.

With that being said, 1.4.5 and 2.x have slightly different options wrt the usb gadget driver so there might be an issue if you migrated from 1.4.5 to 2.x. Fresh installs on either OS should work without an issue.
    Believe me - they've been fresh installs. It does not work in my environment. Is enabling usbnet potentially at the core of my problem? Thanks -
  5.    #165  
    Believe me - they've been fresh installs. It does not work in my environment. Is enabling usbnet potentially at the core of my problem? Thanks -
    usbnet is required for usb tethering...

please use novaterm and run the following command and paste there output here:

Code:
    cat /sys/class/usb_gadget/config_num

ls /var/gadget
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Also, tell them to disable Developer Mode... DevMode messes up Free Tether
    Why do you have to confuse things with this BS?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Why do you have to confuse things with this BS?
    Whatever, sorry for trying to help

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/16/2011 at 03:38 PM.
  8.    #168  
    [QUOTE=NuttyBunny;2939175]Whatever, sorry for trying to help

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that there is anyone using freeTether who has dev-mode disabled. You must be the only one with this issue...
    I enabled usbnet through Terminus - still no joy. This is truly a fubar situation.
  10.    #170  
    I enabled usbnet through Terminus - still no joy. This is truly a fubar situation.
    There is no need for you to enable usbnet manually. Will you please get me the output that I requested?
    I downloaded Novaterm but I can't seem to make a connection to my Pre+ after clicking on the connect button; it's not responding and the wheel just goes round and around. WebOSQI sees the phone and everything loaded on it with no problems though -
    based me quick google search...
    on 64-bit Windows run 'novaterm' with this command:
    novacom -t open tty://
    Thanks for the attempt to assist; do you mean from the command prompt on Windows?
    Last edited by jthore; 04/18/2011 at 11:18 AM.
    yes in command prompt...

i don't try on windows, and don't know if windows have some GUI app for novaterm, because you type "after clicking on the connect button"...
    im trying to connect my freetether with a blackberry via BT but the blackberry ask me for a password!!.. how is that?
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    yes in command prompt...

i don't try on windows, and don't know if windows have some GUI app for novaterm, because you type "after clicking on the connect button"...
    There is indeed a gui for novaterm on Windows though it's minimal and I cannot get past the "connect" button.
    ok, then try in windows command prompt, more info:
    Novacom on Windows - WebOS Internals

and if you don't have enabled developer mode, then:
    Getting started - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    im trying to connect my freetether with a blackberry via BT but the blackberry ask me for a password!!.. how is that?
    thanks!
    any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    any help?
    I think you have to pair your Pre and your BB first. Go to the bt app on your Pre (it will make it visible for bt devices), look for it on your BB. To pair them your BB should show (or ask) you for a passkey, type any number you want, then go to your Pre, it should be waiting for you to type the same passkey. That should be it.

Then, you should go to your BB and activate the connection.

This is the basic way I do it in Ubuntu, I don't see why it should be different on other platforms, unless your BB wouldn't want to connect to internet via your Pre :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I think you have to pair your Pre and your BB first. Go to the bt app on your Pre (it will make it visible for bt devices), look for it on your BB. To pair them your BB should show (or ask) you for a passkey, type any number you want, then go to your Pre, it should be waiting for you to type the same passkey. That should be it.

Then, you should go to your BB and activate the connection.

This is the basic way I do it in Ubuntu, I don't see why it should be different on other platforms, unless your BB wouldn't want to connect to internet via your Pre :S
    thanks man, im going to try that!.. i really apreciate it!
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast