Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I'm trying to tether my Treo 680 to my Pre's wifi connection via bluetooth.. has anyone succeeded to do this? (or does this only work when sharing a data/3G connection?)

My Treo 680 just keeps saying Error: Serial: (0x030B) >.<
    In order to share the internet of a webOS device with a non-webOS device over bluetooth, the non-webOS device must be capable of initiating a BNEP/PAN connection. It does not work the other way around as there is no option in webOS to do this. webOS can only accept an incoming connection.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is there any trick to getting freeTether to connect to my Windows 7 laptop via Bluetooth? Windows says it can't pair without a key
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Can I just bump my own question. I still cannot get my android device to connect via freetether wifi. The android device just sits there "Obtaining IP address" but it never does.

Anyone else seen this problem and solved it?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Can I just bump my own question. I still cannot get my android device to connect via freetether wifi . . .
    Maybe the Android boards would be more helpful??
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I'm trying to tether my Treo 680 to my Pre's wifi connection via bluetooth.. has anyone succeeded to do this? (or does this only work when sharing a data/3G connection?)

My Treo 680 just keeps saying Error: Serial: (0x030B) >.<
    How do you have wifi on a Treo 680?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Maybe the Android boards would be more helpful??
    I think it was a problem with Android 2.2 (Froyo)

I now have a 3.0 device (Honeycomb), it it works beautifully!
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    How do you have wifi on a Treo 680?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    He's trying to tether over bluetooth... but use his pre to grab wifi.

[Home wifi router]=> Pre =BT=> Treo 680.

I dont think thats possible.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    He's trying to tether over bluetooth... but use his pre to grab wifi.

[Home wifi router]=> Pre =BT=> Treo 680.

I dont think thats possible.
    It is...
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    It is...
    If tethering BT or USB, it just uses the webOS devices data connection whether that be WiFi or 3G?

I don't suppose the webOS device can be on a WiFi connection and also tether WiFi to others... can it?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    If tethering BT or USB, it just uses the webOS devices data connection whether that be WiFi or 3G?

I don't suppose the webOS device can be on a WiFi connection and also tether WiFi to others... can it?
    Correct to Q1... No to Q2.
    Thanks
    It is...
    i assumed the treo 680 couldnt tether over BT, a quick google suggests otherwise. whoops.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Here's my experience. Win7. Pre minus Sprint.

Uninstalled MyTether. Used Internalz to make certain it was a clean uninstall.
    Installed FreeTether. Connects fine over wifi, but speeds are slow. The best I can get is .26 down, .04 up.

Uninstalled/reinstalled network drivers. Uninstalled/reinstalled FreeTether. Tested with both WPA2 and open. Tested with firewall on and off. Speeds remain very slow.

MyTether was delivering speeds in excess of 1.2 down and .40 up. Any ideas what adjustments I could try? Appreciate the developers efforts here and would like to help this work better.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbollama View Post

Installed FreeTether. Connects fine over wifi, but speeds are slow. The best I can get is .26 down, .04 up.

Uninstalled/reinstalled network drivers. Uninstalled/reinstalled FreeTether. Tested with both WPA2 and open. Tested with firewall on and off. Speeds remain very slow.

MyTether was delivering speeds in excess of 1.2 down and .40 up. Any ideas what adjustments I could try? Appreciate the developers efforts here and would like to help this work better.
    Well if I remember correctly didnt myTether ship an older version of the kernel module? It might be that the wifi chip is in some power save / efficiency mode. I could look into adding some options to tweak that.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Well if I remember correctly didnt myTether ship an older version of the kernel module? It might be that the wifi chip is in some power save / efficiency mode. I could look into adding some options to tweak that.
    Thank you. I'm running Uberkernal 500/1000. If there's a way to "reset" the wifi chip (patch/program), I'd be happy to try it.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thank you. I'm running Uberkernal 500/1000. If there's a way to "reset" the wifi chip (patch/program), I'd be happy to try it.
    update. I changed the IP address/dhcp start address to 192.xxx.xx.xx from the program default 10.xx.xx.xx. Sppeeds now 1.2 down and .5 up. Connects flawlessly. Thank you.
  17.    #117  
    update. I changed the IP address/dhcp start address to 192.xxx.xx.xx from the program default 10.xx.xx.xx. Sppeeds now 1.2 down and .5 up. Connects flawlessly. Thank you.
    Or maybe there is an iptables rule that is throttling things.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

I'm also Pre Minus on Sprint, getting as much as 1.0 down.

Bumping the speed up to 800Mhz fixed seems to give performance increases however while tethering the temperature gets too hot at 800Mhz for my comfort, so I just leave it at Uberkernel default of 500Mhz fixed.

I have noticed that speed does vary a bunch on the Sprint network depending on location, time of day, seeming total randomness, etc.

I believe this is part of the deal with Sprint and why they charge less compared to Verizon, so I live with it
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    Yeah, after fiddling with it a few times and completely uninstalling mhs, I was able to get this to work intermittently with the gtab. The thing is, MHS works everytime without fail or jumping through hoops.
    As someone said earlier, I'm sure that the problem lies with how the gtab implements wifi. I would love to get this working as installing and uninstalling MHS on a bell pre requires rooting with Linux. I'm getting better at it but would prefer the easier installation after doctoring.
    I will definately try future iterations of freetether as they become available.
    Long title, I know. But that's what happens. I have a gtab, and a palm pre minus on sprint. No problems connecting freetether to the computer, jumps right on. If i try the gtab, it just sits at obtaining IP address. If I allow the computer to connect through freetether, then allow the gtab to connect, it jumps right on as well. Didn't know if any of the network gurus here at WebOS Internals could shed any light. THanks!
  20.    #120  
    I have a request for the freeTether users out there. What I need is dumps of the iptable rules on different carriers. This info will be used to try and debug the speed some people seem to experience. If you access to novaterm please run the following command:

iptables -L

Copy the output of that command and paste it to dpaste and then post the resulting URL here. Thanks.