Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I am having trouble with FT and the new version of webOS on the touchpad. the tp no longer see FT as an available hotspot. FT is running on my pre3 with 2.2.3. I haven't used it since getting the pre3, so I can't really say whether its new problem, however neither my nor my wife's tp sees it, and more telling the regular old computer with WiFi doesn't see it either.

so, I presume the problem is on the pre3 as the other devices do not see it either.

anyone else with a pre3 seeing the same?

FreeTether works fine with my Pre 3 and connects to my TouchPad, Dell laptop and my HP laptop.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am using FT on my HPVeer. Works perfectly without using security, connected to the wallcharger using dedicated USB cable without any issues, runs nice and cool on stock kernal.

Only problem is connecting to FT when setting a security key.

Tried connecting both from my TP and my IBM Thinkpad without success, when not requiring a security key in FT it works fine.

Any advice?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadedgemini View Post
    Like member Govtosos, I have also experienced a significant decrease in connection speed since this most recent update. Is anyone looking into this? I love FreeTether and have had decent connection speeds up until now. Can this be fixed? Holla...

I just checked using the netspeed app. I seem to get spreeds that are in the same ball park when running via my tethered Touchpad, or trying netspeed directly on my Pre3 on AT&T.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    While I no longer use freetether, I would again if it did one thing.

As of now, if there is a wifi connection that the pre can connect to... my tether is useless (unless you shut off wifi).

My desktop doesn't have a wifi card, but it can tether to my pre...

Is there some way to allow the pre to forward the packets out the wifi connection as well as the 3g connection?

Not sure how this could be done...
    Possibly creating a virtual network port (interface) that just as 2 default routes. Only one default route is active at a time, depending if you are connected to wifi or 3g? The using that virtual interface as the default path vs. an IP or connection interface?

This would allow me to have a 54Mbps connection to my houses wifi vs. my 11 Mbps wireless bridge that I'm using now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scytherfwd View Post
    While I no longer use freetether, I would again if it did one thing.

As of now, if there is a wifi connection that the pre can connect to... my tether is useless (unless you shut off wifi).

My desktop doesn't have a wifi card, but it can tether to my pre...

Is there some way to allow the pre to forward the packets out the wifi connection as well as the 3g connection?
    I'm pretty sure it already does this. I haven't tried it with the latest version but in the past I used the wifi on my Pre- to connect to an an access point (free under the contract of the Pre) and then tether via BT to my laptop which, although it had wifi, could not connect for free.

Data speed was limited by the speed of BT though and I never had much luck doing USB tethering.

As I understand it Freetether does port forwarding between any and all sources and whichever tether is active. All you have to do is turn off wifi tethering and turn on BT or USB, then, in the normal menus, connect your Pre to the wifi you want to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm pretty sure it already does this. I haven't tried it with the latest version but in the past I used the wifi on my Pre- to connect to an an access point (free under the contract of the Pre) and then tether via BT to my laptop which, although it had wifi, could not connect for free.

Data speed was limited by the speed of BT though and I never had much luck doing USB tethering.

As I understand it Freetether does port forwarding between any and all sources and whichever tether is active. All you have to do is turn off wifi tethering and turn on BT or USB, then, in the normal menus, connect your Pre to the wifi you want to share.
    You're right.. for some reason that wasn't working before... been a long time since I tried though.

Unfortunately I'm still limited to 10mb connection through it, give or take. It is more responsive than my bridge
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Guys (and gals), hope someone can help with the following issue I'm encountering... Freetether app was working perfectly on my HP pre 3 (EU version) until my last webosdoctor. I did of course reinstalled the app, but only seems to work the first time after installation. Every time I want to reuse it again, my TP is not recognising the network. So, I have to uninstall and reinstall it so it works again... Anybody with similar issue, and a suggestion to solve it?

thanks,
    Lester
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    Guys (and gals), hope someone can help with the following issue I'm encountering... Freetether app was working perfectly on my HP pre 3 (EU version) until my last webosdoctor. I did of course reinstalled the app, but only seems to work the first time after installation. Every time I want to reuse it again, my TP is not recognising the network. So, I have to uninstall and reinstall it so it works again... Anybody with similar issue, and a suggestion to solve it?

thanks,
    Lester
    I have noticed this as well. I am in the habit of simple doing a reset (white button-Sym-R) after each use of Freetether.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I have noticed this as well. I am in the habit of simple doing a reset (white button-Sym-R) after each use of Freetether.
    Does it work? Ie you don't need to reinstall it in between usages? That'd be a workaround
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    Does it work? Ie you don't need to reinstall it in between usages? That'd be a workaround
    Bit of a hassle, but it works for me. I had similar issues when using my veer and Freetether, so I just got in the habit of doing a reset after each use.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Bit of a hassle, but it works for me. I had similar issues when using my veer and Freetether, so I just got in the habit of doing a reset after each use.
    thanks I'll give it a try
    I am unable to make freetether working :-(
    I installed it on my brand new pre3 (webos 2.4) using preware, and as I set the wifi to "on" I could happily see a strong signal named "freethere" from my notebook.
    However, as I went on to set a password in the preferences (it started open by default), when I started again the signal failed to appear. Resetting to open connection didn't help.
    So there is apparently no signal coming from the pre.
    Do I miss something?
    thanks
    piersante
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How does one get the secret password?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    See line 21-22

+ this.secretAnswer = 'iknowwhatimdoing';
    https://github.com/RyanHope/freeTeth...651163e9feb172
    why are you suddenly answering a 2.5 year old question from the middle of a dormant thread?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718