Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I would like to ask just a quick question:

Does Freetether allow bluetooth internet data access between the HP Veer and the HP Touchpad?

Not too concerned about texts/sms/calls, but rather using the Veer's internet mobile data connection on the Touchpad via a bluetooth connection (as wifi hotspotting would decimate the Veer's battery).

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotrubberducky View Post
    i cannot find freetether in preware at all. I have all the proper feeds added and it still won't come up. Does anyone have the direct link for it?
    I know it's been a bit since you posted your question, but if you have not figured it out since then, see the OP for a link to the wiki. The wiki has all the instructions you need to find freeTether.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Wondering if this awesome program is working with the above hardware.

Given that they just released webOS doctors for the above two devices, I was wondering how difficult it would be to ensure that freetether works with these. The HSPA radio on the TouchPad 4G is just amazingly fast, and I would love to share that connection.

I will be testing over the next couple of days, and letting folks know my experiences.

If anyone has great information with respect to the above, thanks in advance for letting us know.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I can connect the BT to my Galaxy S2 with FT whereas the TP usually can't even see it, and it works ok although it'll only let me send text messages and doesn't acknowledge receipt of new ones (may well be the phones fault though?)- it'll initiate an initial call but then drops it when answered and will respond no more.

As above, it'd be great if I could get PAN support to get the TP to use the WiFi\3G connection of the phone through bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    I can connect the BT to my Galaxy S2 with FT whereas the TP usually can't even see it, and it works ok although it'll only let me send text messages and doesn't acknowledge receipt of new ones (may well be the phones fault though?)- it'll initiate an initial call but then drops it when answered and will respond no more.

As above, it'd be great if I could get PAN support to get the TP to use the WiFi\3G connection of the phone through bluetooth.
    I can confirm this is an issue with the S2 hardware, I have a friend who contacted Samsung about a similar problem and apparently the next hardware revision will take care of this issue.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    I can confirm this is an issue with the S2 hardware, I have a friend who contacted Samsung about a similar problem and apparently the next hardware revision will take care of this issue.
    Bother, that's a shame. Gives me another reason for an upgrade next year though. Thanks for that.
    Just got my AT&T pre3 and I hope freetether works. I will install Preware soon as I get home.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsky007 View Post
    Hi,

I just got my new Pre3 recently and installed freetether since MHS doesn't work.
    I've got one issue though: after I start FT, I can't get it to stop. Only rebooting the Pre3 will stop the tethering. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I have also noticed this.
    Even if one turns off freetether and the card swiped away; re-opening the app notes that WiFi DHCP and IP forwarding is still connecting ("green light").

A Luna restart will result in DHCP shutting off; but not IP forwarding.

Only a full device restart shuts it down entirely.

Device Info:
    UK Pre3 2.2.0 build 3171
    Stock kernel
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have also noticed this.
    Even if one turns off freetether and the card swiped away; re-opening the app notes that WiFi DHCP and IP forwarding is still connecting ("green light").

A Luna restart will result in DHCP shutting off; but not IP forwarding.

Only a full device restart shuts it down entirely.

Device Info:
    UK Pre3 2.2.0 build 3171
    Stock kernel
    Try turning on wifi manually after closing FT. Same exact problem on the Veer.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    This works great with my MacBook Pro on Bluetooth but I can't get my touchpad to use the internet connection on Bluetooth.

Is there a way to use Bluetooth tethering from my touchpad or do I have to use wifi tethering?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    FreeTether (WiFi toggle) works on both Pre 3 (ATT Version) and TouchPad 3G/4G, with following caveat on turning off WiFi tether:

IP Forwarding remains turned on (only a reboot will turn it off; wi-fi toggling and luna restart still leaves IP Forwarding light on green); and

DHCP server remains turned on (a reboot, wifi toggle, or luna restart will turn this off).

I have not tested the BT Tether or the USB Tether.

Any thing that can be done to fix this issue?

Thanks again for a great program. And, for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Try turning on wifi manually after closing FT. Same exact problem on the Veer.
    I have upgraded my PRE+ to 2.1 and freetether doesn't work. both the DHCP Server and IP forwarding lights are gray. i dont know what to do to start it. can someone please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecotone951 View Post
    This works great with my MacBook Pro on Bluetooth but I can't get my touchpad to use the internet connection on Bluetooth.

Is there a way to use Bluetooth tethering from my touchpad or do I have to use wifi tethering?
    I just realized I was not very clear. I'm using freeTether with on my Pre. If I setup my Pre to share its internet connection over Bluetooth and connect my MacBook to my phone by Bluetooth my Mac can use my phones internet connection (WiFi or 3G). It works very well.

If I connect my TouchPad to my phone using Bluetooth my TouchPad can't use my phone internet connection. If I setup my Pre to share it's internet connection over WiFI my TouchPad can use my phones internet connection.

So, is there a way to use my Pre's internet on my TouchPad using Bluetooth?
    Last edited by ecotone951; 10/06/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    I wanted to use FreeTether on my Pre 3 but, as soon as I enable the USB service, the phone locks and reboots. I don't know what obscenities this Windows XP box might have sent to it. The "usbnet.inf" file is not installed yet on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I wanted to use FreeTether on my Pre 3 but, as soon as I enable the USB service, the phone locks and reboots. I don't know what obscenities this Windows XP box might have sent to it. The "usbnet.inf" file is not installed yet on it.
    Not that it shouldn't work over USB, but I can confirm that it works over wifi on the Pre3 (AT&T) although it does get stuck on where the dhcp server and ip forwarding lights stay on even when turning wifi off, requiring a restart.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Not that it shouldn't work over USB, but I can confirm that it works over wifi on the Pre3 (AT&T) although it does get stuck on where the dhcp server and ip forwarding lights stay on even when turning wifi off, requiring a restart.

Same experiences here - I use it with my TouchPad on my Pre 3 and it works great until I need to turn it off.

Kills my texting and I think it kills my phone also.

Reset brings it all back.
    Sweet app update available!

Now removes mobile hotspot - thank you.

Now looks really nice on the pre3

Now will turn off properly - almost. Turning wifi tethering off only shows the lights off for ip forwarding and dhcp server when restarting app.

I reported the following via email in the app as well.

installing 1.2.0-2 as a fresh install (i.e. Uninstalled prior freetether); I still have mobile hotspot in my launcher.

EU Qwerty Pre3 on AT&T
    webos 2.2 build 3171

The freetether does work for me (at least on wifi and usb to my linux box) just no MHS removal.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I am having trouble with FT and the new version of webOS on the touchpad. the tp no longer see FT as an available hotspot. FT is running on my pre3 with 2.2.3. I haven't used it since getting the pre3, so I can't really say whether its new problem, however neither my nor my wife's tp sees it, and more telling the regular old computer with WiFi doesn't see it either.

so, I presume the problem is on the pre3 as the other devices do not see it either.

anyone else with a pre3 seeing the same?
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Like member Govtosos, I have also experienced a significant decrease in connection speed since this most recent update. Is anyone looking into this? I love FreeTether and have had decent connection speeds up until now. Can this be fixed? Holla...
    DrEaDeD