Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    sorry to be a total dumb *** here.. never done anything as far as installing stuff from here.. can someone point me at a detailed post on how to install everything i need for my pre minus.. i want to install free tether.. thanks
    There is a link to the wiki page for this app in the opening post. That should get you started.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I'm sure this will be in demand. With the touchpad firewall there are many of us trying to tether our iPhones to our touchpad the touchpad shows up on iphone Bluetooth but no pairing happens.

For what its worth, I'm happy to donate some cash for a successful solution.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I just got a Verizon Pre2. Instructions say to remove MHS to use FreeTether -- but how would I get it back if I needed it in the future? I don't see it listed in the application catalog.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I just got a Verizon Pre2. Instructions say to remove MHS to use FreeTether -- but how would I get it back if I needed it in the future? I don't see it listed in the application catalog.
    You won't need it, but you can find it with a bit of work inside the webOS doctor your device
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You won't need it, but you can find it with a bit of work inside the webOS doctor your device
    Thanks. FreeTether seems to be running fine right now along-side MHS. I ran both WIFI and BT to my MacOS 10.6.8 using FreeTether with no problems. I guess I'll think about removing MHS when and if I run into issues.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    This is typical freeTether performance with my Nook. The screenshot is network traffic while downloading a file directly from fileserve. Note how the file will download fine for a few seconds, then stop and then start again. The vertical gridlines are 2 second intervals.

What else can I do to get more info for webOS Internals?

Attachment 59245

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Even on my freshly doctored phone is this still an issue. I have to use MHS if I want to use my Nook Color on the road
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I got freetether to pair my Nokia N8 with my Touchpad. My N8 thinks the Touchpad is a car kit. No internet connection though.
    Hi guys, I have a pre 2 and have just downloaded freetether, looks great and I can see it as a wifi hotspot on both my macbook and touchpad but cannot connect to the internet. Please can you advise as I really think I have followed the instructions
    I cannot locate freeTether in Preware. It isn't in system utilities category and does not come up when I type freetether. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Kim

o.K. found it - preferences were set to manual update of feeds - last update was done October 2010!

Got it now!
    Last edited by Forgewizard; 09/03/2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: operator error
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atkins_paul View Post
    Hi guys, I have a pre 2 and have just downloaded freetether, looks great and I can see it as a wifi hotspot on both my macbook and touchpad but cannot connect to the internet. Please can you advise as I really think I have followed the instructions
    I didn't remove WHS as recommended and had the same problem. I rebooted once and everything worked fine afterwards.
    I finally donated. Should have done so earlier. I don't use FT often, but when I need it, it is invaluable.

You rock. Thanks much.

(still rocking the Pre Minus)
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    i cannot find freetether in preware at all. I have all the proper feeds added and it still won't come up. Does anyone have the direct link for it?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i have a palm pre with a touchpad and i got freetether to work together, but whenever i try to use it, the EVDO connection gets turned into a 1X connection. is that the way that sprint protects itself from people using tether apps?
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Thinking about upgrading to the Pre 2 on Vzw.

When I use my Pre Plus MHS, I always plug it in to keep the battery charged.

I'm guessing that if I go to the Pre 2, install Freetether, I will need to connect my TP using Wifi so I can continue to charge the Pre 2 via USB or TouchStone?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Thinking about upgrading to the Pre 2 on Vzw.

When I use my Pre Plus MHS, I always plug it in to keep the battery charged.

I'm guessing that if I go to the Pre 2, install Freetether, I will need to connect my TP using Wifi so I can continue to charge the Pre 2 via USB or TouchStone?

Thanks.
    No, when you're going to use freeTether to create a hotpot, you want to have WiFi turned off on your Pre 2. FreeTether will create the WiFi signal necessary. If you're going to keep the Pre 2 plugged in while using freeTether, you might want to keep the keyboard open & prop the phone up on something for ventilation to help keep it cooler.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi!

First off: awesome application! It gets work done... however...

I have a HP Veer and the application did install correctly. I could connect via Bluetooth to my Veer and internet worked. I could create a WiFi Hotspot to connect to with my laptop - but I couldn't get an internet connection.

What's worse though, is, that once I had freeTether installed Govnah always showed the CPU running at 806MHz - at no time it went down. This was terribly draining battery and heating up the phone. This doesn't happen with Mobile Hotspot, even though that application allows far less (only WiFi and it doesn't seem to allow any kind of security).

I'd try My Tether, but apparently that program is written as a Java Service? and therefore doesn't work with WebOS 2+.

If freeTether was to work for me without draining the battery that badly, I'd certainly donate something. Thank you very much for developing this program.

divStar.
    vnllnv likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    From what I understand, PuffTheMagic just recently got a Veer and will be fixing the Veer bugs. Many thanks to PuffTheMagic.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Hi,

I just got my new Pre3 recently and installed freetether since MHS doesn't work.
    I've got one issue though: after I start FT, I can't get it to stop. Only rebooting the Pre3 will stop the tethering. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hi

freetether working well on Pre 3 with Touchpad. Minor issue though, for information.

If freetether WiFi used and then app closed when started again WiFi service won't start up and settings won't respond. All is ok after a restart.

Great app, thanks. Donation made.

dsss
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just realized that I have been using freeTether pretty regularly since the middle of July and even though I have made several donations to webOS Internals I had not made one specifically to freeTether. Just fixed that oversight. Thank you for a great TouchPad companion.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47