Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hello! I installed WebOS 2 today on my AT&T Palm Pre Plus (at 1 am in the morning) and tested it out. I had some problems with flash and java (The page kept refreshing unless i turned off java). I downgraded back to 1.4.5 (I have an OCD with patches not working and i have to start new in order to use the phone) and started a'new. and then i went ahead and reinstalled WebOS 2 on my Pre again.

    Anyways. My Pre has been doing great [except that i was having some Preware issues with some feeds, and now it's working perfection with all the feeds] (Highly upset that we can no longer just copy and paste the palmdatabase.db3 and our messages etc magically pop up) but now i cant seem to find the patch in the Preware app. I tried looking at 'Unknown' but it's not in there.

    Did Preware pull it off it's 'Shelves'?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    Hello! I installed WebOS 2 today on my AT&T Palm Pre Plus (at 1 am in the morning) and tested it out. I had some problems with flash and java (The page kept refreshing unless i turned off java). I downgraded back to 1.4.5 (I have an OCD with patches not working and i have to start new in order to use the phone) and started a'new. and then i went ahead and reinstalled WebOS 2 on my Pre again.

    Anyways. My Pre has been doing great [except that i was having some Preware issues with some feeds, and now it's working perfection with all the feeds] (Highly upset that we can no longer just copy and paste the palmdatabase.db3 and our messages etc magically pop up) but now i cant seem to find the patch in the Preware app. I tried looking at 'Unknown' but it's not in there.

    Did Preware pull it off it's 'Shelves'?
    After u doctored the pre to 2.1, did u immediately install the flash plugin and the patch?
    I suggest not to install it because of the performance issue(even oc'ed to 1ghz)

    if u haven't install it, install the flash plugin.ipk from preware(u can copy it from usb mode to internal storage)--restart luna
    after that u can install the patch("show flash preferences on legacy devices")



    if u have installed the plugin and the patch :
    -the plug-in is in the installed packages-->unknown-->flash plugin

    -the patch is in the installed packages-->patch-->show flash preferences on legacy device
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebla88 View Post
    I suggest not to install it because of the performance issue(even oc'ed to 1ghz)
    I was happy with the performance on my Pre-. It works really well.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I was happy with the performance on my Pre-. It works really well.
    If u have try the n900,u will know the performance of the flash in pre not so good
    even at 500mhz, n900 flash performance still better than my pre+ oc to1ghz
  5.    #5  
    Hello! When i reinstalled WebOS 2 on my Pre+ I did not install it right away, i installed Preware and then Overclocked my pre with Uberkernel and then after that i tried looking for the patch but it wasnt there. I had to look for the patch on google, and i installed it successfully. I'm still not able to find the patch in Preware except the one that was installed (the one i found on google. it shows up on Preware 'Installed' section)

    I guess it's okay now :P Flash works extremely well, and doesnt slow down at all.. Althought i do get some random extreme lag (Not Flash related).
  6. #6  
    where did you find the patch?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofgm View Post
    where did you find the patch?
    It should show in Preware as a patch

    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...1.0-18_all.ipk
  8. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #8  
    What about the flash plugin itself? Where can we find that?
  9. #9  
    can anyone pm the flash ipk file so that i can install it through preware? i dont have a computer to download the file
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    can anyone pm the flash ipk file so that i can install it through preware? i dont have a computer to download the file
    i dont believe this is allowed because the flash ipk needs to be ripped from the webOS doctor.
  11. #11  
    so i gotta do it through a computer? aww man. then i gotta wait a while :/

Posting Permissions