1.    #1  
    Is there a way to remove the WebOS Internals custom boot logo after meta-doctoring to 2.1 and restoring the original Palm boot logo? (I've already changed the HP logo to the Palm logo. I can't figure out how to change the initial boot logo, however.)
    Quote Originally Posted by George13601 View Post
    Is there a way to remove the WebOS Internals custom boot logo after meta-doctoring to 2.1 and restoring the original Palm boot logo? (I've already changed the HP logo to the Palm logo. I can't figure out how to change the initial boot logo, however.)
    Oh sorry that webOS Internals just granted you the ability to upgrade to 2.1. At least if you plan on removing it, show them some support by donating or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    No need for sarcasm. I have donated, and I'll continue to donate. It's a simple technical question.
    I've already changed the HP logo to the Palm logo.
    Can you explain where to find the HP-animation files? I'd like the palm-animation more as well.

I don't care about the penguin though.
    Your answer is in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2892310
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    I think that concerns changing the boot logo before running the webOS Doctor. The OP (and me as well) would like to know if it's possible to change this logo AFTER the fact, without re-doctoring.

Nothing against webOS Internals, but some of us just aren't into penguin themed boot logos.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkloeckner View Post
    Can you explain where to find the HP-animation files? I'd like the palm-animation more as well.
    Sure thing. I got them from WebOS Internals. They're here:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/image.../Palm-logo.png
    http://www.webos-internals.org/image...ogo-bright.png

The instructions are here:
    Patch webOS Boot Themes - WebOS Internals

Basically, what you want to do is this:

1. Download those images and rename them hp-logo.png and hp-logo-bright.png

2. Open up WebOS Quick Install and go to "Tools", "Send File" and then send both to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

3. Restart your Pre
    The Penguin boot logo is on for like 2 seconds before switching to the HP logo. is it really that offensive?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    The Penguin boot logo is on for like 2 seconds before switching to the HP logo. is it really that offensive?
    It's not offensive. I and others just want to learn how to do it.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    It's not offensive. I and others just want to learn how to do it.
    This is cool. Now I also want to know. I dont mind the penquin but is it possible to add a third Logo?

This is what I would like to try:

Palm Logo > Penguin > HP logo
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    There are some very grumpy characters in this thread...

Looks like the short answer is no, then. Looks like the penguin lives on!

And I didn't search the thread as I've read the VAST majority (if not all) of that meta-doctor thread FYI, including the particular post linked to previously.
    It is technically possible to do without doctoring, but you risk damaging your bootloader and having to do the last resort linux-only usb omap load procedure to fix it.

So you have to doctor to change it.

The original reason it is there is because some folks at PoderPDA were distributing the meta-doctor output as if it was their own work without any credit to WebOS Internals. So if you don't like it, you can blame them

It also serves to let support staff know that they are dealing with a modified device that no longer has officially supported firmware on it.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/24/2011 at 05:59 AM.
    Good that it's changeable... I want to switch everything back to Palm when I get my Pre 3.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Sounds like it's not worth the bother of changing it then. Thanks for the explanation Rod; interesting to note the motivation behind doing so. I was under the impression it was simply intended as a little easter egg for meta-doctor users.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Sounds like it's not worth the bother of changing it then. Thanks for the explanation Rod; interesting to note the motivation behind doing so. I was under the impression it was simply intended as a little easter egg for meta-doctor users.
    It serves that purpose as well

-- Rod
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I, for one, am proud to have the webOS Internals boot logo on my meta-2.1 Pre+.
    +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums