1.    #1  
    I am having trouble downloading some very essential 1.4.5 apps from the app catalog...

how do I revert back to my old palm build so it says I'm on 1.4.5?

Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    I am having trouble downloading some very essential 1.4.5 apps from the app catalog...

how do I revert back to my old palm build so it says I'm on 1.4.5?

Please help.
    I think you'd have to re-doctor to 1.4.5... Not positive about that.

The instructions for how to masq are on the Webos-Internals Wiki page. You'll need to look at the "History" tab, and find page version before that step (step 5) was removed.

The wiki is here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    you will have to log in to a device that is running 1.4.5 with the profile you wish to not be 9.9.9. After you log in to that 1.4.5 device, your profile should show 1.40.50
    So I have it doctored using the old jar file (from the old scripts) and now have the 1.4.5 on the os version under Device Info...

Could someone tell me how to extract the palm-build-info file from my Pre now, so I could just re-insert it into my webOS 2.0 device if I need it changed?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    So I have it doctored using the old jar file (from the old scripts) and now have the 1.4.5 on the os version under Device Info...

Could someone tell me how to extract the palm-build-info file from my Pre now, so I could just re-insert it into my webOS 2.0 device if I need it changed?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    you could use webosquickinstall and use the get file function and the path is \etc\palm-build-info
  6.    #6  
    sweet. How do you reinsert it into the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    sweet. How do you reinsert it into the Pre?
    well you can't necessarily just reinsert it. you'll need to install novaterm and edit the file while the pre is turned on. It won't let you overwrite the file since its a read-only file
    Will the steps in the old Wiki for Step 5 using the "Copy file to USB partition" method work?

Terminal commands:
    cd /
    /usr/sbin/rootfs_open -t
    cp -f /media/internal/palm-build-info-unmasqed /etc/palm-build-info
    /sbin/reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Will the steps in the old Wiki for Step 5 using the "Copy file to USB partition" method work?

Terminal commands:
    cd /
    /usr/sbin/rootfs_open -t
    cp -f /media/internal/palm-build-info-unmasqed /etc/palm-build-info
    /sbin/reboot
    Hi, can you please explain how to edit the 2.1.0 palm-build-info file to look like 1.4.5 ?

thanks in advance