1.    #1  
    What is the best method for validating performance gains using the various Kernels? Can these methods benchmark a particular model Pre using a Kernel vs. another model Pre using the same Kernel reliably?

For example a Pre2 running at 1ghz vs. a PrePlus running at 1ghz on 1.4.5 or 2.1 could be compared. It would be expected that the Pre2 would out perform the Pre Plus due to other hardware advantages - but showing this quantitatively would be the goal.
    I've had both phones in both configurations (Pre 2, 1ghz, 2.1. Pre Plus, 1ghz, 1.4.5) and I can tell you that the Pre 2 is a lot faster.
    When I have been comparing kernel speeds, I use webos mark.

Not the most accurate, but you can upload your results to the server and records the kernel you were using.

I have about 65 tests recorded there using various iterations of the psychokernels.
    so which is the best battery saver out of the new kernels ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    so which is the best battery saver out of the new kernels ?
    From my experience, I would say "AV8B Harrier II" for light users and "F105 Thunderchief" for power users.

Try them both and see which works best for you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vc1492a View Post
    I've had both phones in both configurations (Pre 2, 1ghz, 2.1. Pre Plus, 1ghz, 1.4.5) and I can tell you that the Pre 2 is a lot faster.
    This isn't quantitative it's qualitative so it's a bit subjective. I would prefer something that is repeatable and objective.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    When I have been comparing kernel speeds, I use webos mark.
    Where can I get this? I tried searching on Google and got nothing that looked promising. I tried searching here and also didn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Where can I get this? I tried searching on Google and got nothing that looked promising. I tried searching here and also didn't find it.
    Its in the Palm Beta feed on Preware.
    You need the "WebOSMark" and the "WebOSMark Statistics"

Don't know if it works on 2.XX though.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.