1.    #1  
    Hi guys

Is it possible on WebOS to have something like mobile substrate on iOS? Not only it is a failsafe between patches (hacks and system patches on iOS) and system, it's also an option to enable/disable patches on the fly, without need to uninstall it just to be able to temporally disable it.
    And another one, is it, at least just in theory, manageable to have multiple themes on webos (stored on sd partition), and to switch, enable or disable theme via some yet to be created themer app?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Hi guys

Is it possible on WebOS to have something like mobile substrate on iOS? Not only it is a failsafe between patches (hacks and system patches on iOS) and system, it's also an option to enable/disable patches on the fly, without need to uninstall it just to be able to temporally disable it.
    And another one, is it, at least just in theory, manageable to have multiple themes on webos (stored on sd partition), and to switch, enable or disable theme via some yet to be created themer app?
    This is called preware.. Uninstalling a patch takes about 3 sec same with install.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    you missed a point.
    it's more convenient not to uninstall patches just to find which one conflicts with one you intend to install and can't.
    It is not a 3 sec to uninstall some patch and install another one, just to see that you need old patch and not a new one. I had bugs when I had to uninstall 30+ patches to find which one makes my Pre not able to wake up, and then I had to reinstall 29 of them back. So, you missed a point patching is not that easy at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    you missed a point.
    it's more convenient not to uninstall patches just to find which one conflicts with one you intend to install and can't.
    It is not a 3 sec to uninstall some patch and install another one, just to see that you need old patch and not a new one. I had bugs when I had to uninstall 30+ patches to find which one makes my Pre not able to wake up, and then I had to reinstall 29 of them back. So, you missed a point patching is not that easy at all.
    I didn't miss anything I chose to ignore it.. As uninstalling a patch leaves less room for things to go wrong rather than just disabling them not to mention having it take extra room for the backup of the original, granted that space is negligible but not the point.
    Finally webOS is not iOS nor is it android or vice versa .. The point being not all solutions that are good for one necessary good or possible for another.

Thank you

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums