Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    No matter where I move my Voice Dial app icon, after a Luna restart, it ends up back in the same place! I can move it to another launcher page, but it always ends up in one spot on my Applications page.

Other icons are fine, this is annoying!
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Ditto.
    why not just hide it? i believe you can launch voice dial by holding either of the volume buttons...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    why not just hide it? i believe you can launch voice dial by holding either of the volume buttons...
    Can't
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    It's not a bug! Teez feature!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I'm checking to see if I can hide the icon with Internalz. I know you can with some apps, I've already hidden them, if I ever need them I can get to them via Just Type.

..Yes, It worked. Icon is gone, but I can still access through holding up the volume key.

I just used Internalz and went to the appinfo.json file and added the following:

"visible":"false"

and saved it. Luna rebooted, and it is gone...
    Just came back to post that but you beat me to it. Although... I've hidden some other stuff (gesture tutorial, help) that way and it appears it's not findable w/ just type.
    Voice Dial? Can the Pre do this? or just the plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I think both can, as long as you're running 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    It's only WebOS 2.0

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    You are correct, you can not get to help, gesture tutorial through Just Type (don't see why you want to anyway).

This can be done to any Pre by this method regardless of WebOS version (1.4.5, 2.0 or 2.1.0). I was doing this on 1.4.5, and now on a meta-doctored 2.1.0 on AT&T.

The only things you really need on 2.1.0 is Internalz and the updated File Manager Service...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I'm checking to see if I can hide the icon with Internalz. I know you can with some apps, I've already hidden them, if I ever need them I can get to them via Just Type.

..Yes, It worked. Icon is gone, but I can still access through holding up the volume key.

I just used Internalz and went to the appinfo.json file and added the following:

"visible":"false"

and saved it. Luna rebooted, and it is gone...
    Where is this file located?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Where is this file located?
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/

by the way, I tried adding the line as:
    "visible": false,
    (note the non-quoted false and the comma, proper JSON)
    ...and that didn't work. Turns out there's nothing in the launcher looking for a "visible" property anyway.

What you want to do is add any invalid json to that file, and it will not show the icon! (that's why "visible": "false" with no comma worked)
    Quote Originally Posted by penduin View Post
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/

by the way, I tried adding the line as:
    "visible": false,
    (note the non-quoted false and the comma, proper JSON)
    ...and that didn't work. Turns out there's nothing in the launcher looking for a "visible" property anyway.

What you want to do is add any invalid json to that file, and it will not show the icon! (that's why "visible": "false" with no comma worked)
    I was wondering about that too. I added proper json formatting and it wouldn't hide the icon for me.

If it hides the icon with invalid JSON formatting, I assume you can still use voice dial when you hold volume up?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    If it hides the icon with invalid JSON formatting, I assume you can still use voice dial when you hold volume up?
    Yep, seems to work just fine.
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This does not seem to work for me. I added the visible line to the json file just as you've said my Voice Dial icon is still visible, and worst of all hangin out wherever it wants.

Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Haha, nvm. Heeding what you said about any invalid json formatting doing the trick I just added a bunch of random characters and voila! Not so pretty, but neither was that icon!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I just tried modifying the appinfo files of all the apps i wanted to hide and now my phone won't boot. It is stuck on the HP boot screen and won't get out. Can I get back in there and change it back somehow? I'd hate to think I hate to doctor it... please help if you can!

The exact text I added was the following:
    "visible":"false",

Note the inclusion of the quotes and the comma.
    Last edited by dki378; 07/07/2011 at 10:38 AM.
    I don 't mind having the icon, however, I want to move it off of the Applications page. I see that the appinfo.json file hs the following:

"category":"Applications",

Will I be able to move it to whatever page I want if I delete that line? Or should I modify that line to the name of the page where I want it? I assume I can just delete the line because I don't see a "category" entry in appinfo.json of other apps on my phone.
    Last edited by whartpence; 09/01/2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whartpence View Post
    I don 't mind having the icon, however, I want to move it off of the Applications page. I see that the appinfo.json file hs the following:

"category":"Applications",

Will I be able to move it to whatever page I want if I delete that line? Or should I modify that line to the name of the page where I want it? I assume I can just delete the line because I don't see a "category" entry in appinfo.json of other apps on my phone.
    I tried deleting the line and it didnt work for me. I didn't try modifying it to a specific page though. Instead I just changed the page name from "Applications" to "Apps". This works fine if you dont mind the abbreviation.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast