Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuns View Post
    there are good reasons for this.
    Indeed. It took me a day or two to really feel it, but app performance is quite sluggish with 2.1 on a Pre-. Modding compcache settings on the stock kernel helps a bit. Overclocking is the only decent solution, and obviously HP isn't going to push out a webOS update that overclocks the phone to 1GHz.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    lmao....... You love palm..? they left you and ur pre to die..(buy a new webos phone)..lol... Rules....It's all about $ for them.... Oh yea...
    Have you used webOS 2.1 on a Pre-? If not, how can you say it's all about the money for them? webOS 2.1 performance on a Pre- downright sucks without overclocking (which is available with two overclocking kernels as of last night). I'm talking slow like 30 seconds to load the camera app, take a picture, 20 second delay until it actually takes it, and then a minute before you can take another --oh and you better not be running even one other app at the same time.
    I dont see why he's still a member on this board...
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Hmmm. I'd be a bit hesitant to load a doctor to my phone that was randomly floating around the internet. Who knows what some talented programmer included in there? Keystroke logging, perhaps?
    I would celebrate the day when a hacker takes notice and feels some sort of glory out of messing with the WebOS platform! An event like that is when you really know you've made it.

Think of it... Hackers all over the world finding it irresistible to learn about WebOS and programing for it, in a bad way of course but damn that would make me feel good if that happened.
  4.    #24  
    will newer scripts eventually include flash and sprint nav?
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    I think so. I've been reading the threads and they just completed a new script with VZ Nav and MobileHotspot - mainly because these were already available in another doctor. But there was talk about adding other carrier software in as time permits.
    Sprint nav is tough because there's no legally available version of it that works on webOS 2. I think the VZ Navigator app is the same thing as the sprint one, but Verizon of course has an official device and webOS doctor for webOS 2 (the Pre 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    Let me stop...
    Please.
    Banhammer approaches.
  8.    #28  
    I would def be thrilled to have a script that included hotspot, sprint nav, and flash.......similar to a ROM.....i have 2.1 loaded on my phone but idk if i want to go through the effort of loading nav and flash on my phone just yet....esp when there might be an all-in-one script just around the corner!
    Sorry for the trouble guys,

in the future, rather than responding, just report the post.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    I would def be thrilled to have a script that included hotspot, sprint nav, and flash.......similar to a ROM.....i have 2.1 loaded on my phone but idk if i want to go through the effort of loading nav and flash on my phone just yet....esp when there might be an all-in-one script just around the corner!
    probably not going to happen. hotspot isn't for sprint, and the only properly available sprint nav is 1.4.5 which apparently isn't going to work on 2.1 (though they do still seem to be working at it). a 2.x compatible sprint nav does exist, but it's not been publicly released and therefore isn't eligible to be included by webosinternals.
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    Indeed. It took me a day or two to really feel it, but app performance is quite sluggish with 2.1 on a Pre-. Modding compcache settings on the stock kernel helps a bit. Overclocking is the only decent solution, and obviously HP isn't going to push out a webOS update that overclocks the phone to 1GHz.

Have you used webOS 2.1 on a Pre-? If not, how can you say it's all about the money for them? webOS 2.1 performance on a Pre- downright sucks without overclocking (which is available with two overclocking kernels as of last night). I'm talking slow like 30 seconds to load the camera app, take a picture, 20 second delay until it actually takes it, and then a minute before you can take another --oh and you better not be running even one other app at the same time.
    I think most of your problem on the Pre- is the memory, not the clockspeed (though certainly more clockspeed will help). I find 2.1.0 on my Pre+ to be plenty fast, the performance experience is really very little different than 1.4.5.

edit: regarding camera performance, it takes mine about 5 seconds to load the camera, and pictures capture within a second - no different than before. I can take another picture within 2 seconds. If your Pre- is taking that kind of time do run the camera, then no amount of overclocking is going to help.
    im running 2.1 @1Ghz on my pre- and the camera app opens up in 2-5 seconds (ready to take a picture) and takes a picture in 2-5 seconds... it takes the longest if i click on the preview image... but i dont do that very often anyway (this is with several webbrowser cards open)
    when clocked @500mhz its a bit slower but definatly not like 30 seconds.... what are you doing? how many cards do have opened in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    how many cards do have opened in the background?
    none. I'm an obsessive card closer, I only multitask when I'm actively using the device. Right now I just tested it and it's about 5 seconds to launch, 5 seconds between photos, etc (I'm running F105, in a strong signal 3G area, connected to wifi as well).

Might have had something to do with location services being really wacky on my Pre that day. Since the camera app geotags, I assume it checks for a fix when it launches. a-gps was probably delaying things because I had maybe 1 bar of roaming 1xRTT at best. Never hitting "no service" but almost there. The phone always sucks to use when it is in a low signal area, even when you're doing stuff that you don't think should be affected.

When the camera app was being bad, it was very difficult to even swipe the card away.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12