Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm looking into a possibly easier way for you guys to install flash (though obviously I can't redistribute webOS ROM files, butI can help make things easier)
    I was wondering if one of the super-devs would start work on an automated system, where the rest of us could just select a series of boxes based on our carrier and preferences and push "GO" to get us updated to 2.1 with (or without) Flash, based on preferences. Sort of like Metadoctor meets WOSQI.

Not sure if such a thing is possible, but between you and Rod, I don't see why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by temp View Post
    have you restarted your phone?

p.s. cnn.com/video/

p.p.s. i'm goint to delete flash, when you open a page with flash video and tries to play it... than pre freezes sometimes for a couple of seconds... till you kill that card with flash video.. and some seconds after you killed it pre is slow as hell and freezes sometimes.
    without it is better.
    Thanks for the quick replys .. Im loving these forums .. shows you the dedication

Ok let me back up ok

I extracted all files into a directory .. most files that where posted in the original post from @lethal where the same files so i had to overwrite what was in that directory..

I copied all files to my meta doctor/ folder ..

Since i had a current meta doctor i did a make clobber to erase the build i had..

Once i did that i re did my pre by doing a make DEVICE=preplus all-wr

Once i doctored 2.1 back on i went to cnn.com/movies or some other site that had flash .. i loaded it and i got the Lego telling me i had no flash .. Anything i did wrong

Thanks
    Last edited by josefcbailey; 02/23/2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Wrong words
    Can someone try the flash install (as detailed on page 1) without overwriting /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so and tell me if it still works. I really don't wanna overwrite any packages/files I don't have to
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'm looking into a possibly easier way for you guys to install flash (though obviously I can't redistribute webOS ROM files, butI can help make things easier)
    That will be great.. Quick question. I have doctored using STOCK EU 2.1 webos. Mine is o2 uk plam pre plus. Is there a simpler way to get flash, rather than using meta doctor.. ?
  5.    #45  
    Can someone try the flash install (as detailed on page 1) without overwriting /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so and tell me if it still works. I really don't wanna overwrite any packages/files I don't have to
    Jason, for what it's worth, libFlashGraphics.so was not already present on my device after a fresh 2.1 metadoctor. I'm on my netbook right now with no access to the unpacked doctors, but I'm fairly sure it's not in the 2.1 pre+ doc.
    Here's my first attempt: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...0-devices.html I put it in a separate thread as my method doesn't use Metadoctor, and is to be done after upgrading to 2.1.0 (and is reversible easily)

If it doesn't work, I'll update accordingly.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Here's my first attempt: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...0-devices.html I put it in a separate thread as my method doesn't use Metadoctor, and is to be done after upgrading to 2.1.0 (and is reversible easily)

If it doesn't work, I'll update accordingly.
    Great stuff, Jason.

No problem at all from me have Flash be done separately. I suspect there will be a group of people who may not want Flash on their device anyway so having two separate installs for base OS and Flash is probably a good idea.

So I recommend anyone wanting Flash on their webOS 2.1.0 legacy device to follow over to Jason's thread for the automated solution.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi,
    I did everything like leathal said with novaterm and web os quick install. Everything is working fine.
    Finally, Flash on my pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Alright, running into some problems. I have all the files on the device. This is confirmed by novaterm. In browser there's option to turn flash on, and to auto play flash content. I'm still not viewing flash. >.> same as before. Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem too. Like yourself I just copied the files using Nova onto my device.

I have the flash option in browser preferences but no flash still

I'm sure I've missed something simple...
    Quote Originally Posted by C320 UK View Post
    I'm having the same problem too. Like yourself I just copied the files using Nova onto my device.

I have the flash option in browser preferences but no flash still

I'm sure I've missed something simple...
    All sorted now!

I've got Flash now. Okay, so it turns out that I HAD missed copying one of the .so files

Re-copied this file from the Verizon source, now I'm Flash enabled!

/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so

Thanks all !!!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Moved to a new thread by request.

Find the following two lines and comment them out (they should be lines 46 & 47):
    Code:
    this.controller.get("flashPref").hide();
    this.controller.get("autoLoadPref").hide();
    Now build your metadoc as usual, and there you have it.
    Mine seems to be a bit different. Sprint pre. Maybe the metadoctor script has been changed since this post was made because I see a comment a couple of lines down but instead of hide it says show so I don't know whether to keep it or comment it out.

Here is a pastebin of my .js Can someone paste a working one for sprint pre? or tell me if I should or not comment this out.

I followed directions from multiple places. I forgot I had installed the a patch (rwhitby linked the thread to this patch a couple of posts up) which apparently does this for me thats why it was different because it was already patched.
    Last edited by nullr; 03/19/2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I am an idiot.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123