Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by temp View Post

p.s. mod please unban _artem_
    p.p.s. I will never talk sh..t and register doble, tripple accouts
    p.p.p.s. please unban _artem_ please please
    p.p.p.p.s. @webmaster there is something with the db or registrations script... I just registered but it tells: Join Date: Mar 2005
    isnt this another account?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    isnt this another account?
    He never said anything about double accounts. Only... doble accounts.
    It's possible to extract the files from the VZW doctor and put them into the new doctor before flashing the phone, right?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    It's possible to extract the files from the VZW doctor and put them into the new doctor before flashing the phone, right?
    Yep. Same with editing preferences-assistant.jsjsjs.
    @sketch42

Another thing .. i don't know if this is just me or what lol ..

/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png is the same as

/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-noplay.png

The instructions where to put the files into the metadoctor folder .. these are the same files .. do i just overwrite or what ?

Thanks
    They may be the same.. i havent flashed to anything.. still on 1.4.5

but i would say just drop em in and overwrite
    Alright guys. I just used nova-term to manually insert the files onto the correct folders on the pre+. I copied java-assistant to /media/internal then edited it in eclipse then re-copied it back. Rebooting now, will let you all know if it works...

also will post instructions if it works...
    Alright, running into some problems. I have all the files on the device. This is confirmed by novaterm. In browser there's option to turn flash on, and to auto play flash content. I'm still not viewing flash. >.> same as before. Any ideas?
    @sketch42 and @Leathal

This method didn't work

I can be the crash dummy to test this method if you want ..

Anyway

I basically did all the stuff on there / put all files /commeted out what was advised also in the .jsjsjs $file$ / $put$ $all$ $files$ $in$ $my$ $meta$-$doctor$ $folder$ / $build$ $my$ $doctor$

Docotred to 2.1

Went to a flash website and still no flash

Do i have to put these files in a directory other them meta-doctor/ do i have to place them in meta-doctor/build meta-doctor /scripts witch ?

Thanks
    Last edited by josefcbailey; 02/23/2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Wrong word
    Quote Originally Posted by josefcbailey View Post
    @sketch42 and @Leathal

This method didn't work

I can be the crash dummy to test this method if you want ..

Anyway

I basically did all the stuff on there / put all files /commeted out what was advised also in the .jsjsjs $file$ / $put$ $all$ $files$ $in$ $my$ $meta$-$doctor$ $folder$ / $build$ $my$ $doctor$

Docotred to 2.1

Went to a flash website and still no flash

Do i have to put these files in a directory other them meta-doctor/ do i have to place them in meta-doctor/build meta-doctor /scripts witch ?

Thanks
    Of course, you DID enable flash in the browser's preferences, DIDN'T you???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Yeah, I can also confirm this doesn't work. And yes, flash is enabled in the browser's preferences.
    Yes it can be done without re-doctoring. I have done it. But flash does not work. It shows up in the browser preferences, but I believe there are more files that need to be copied from the Pre 2 doctor. Out of curiosity I went looking for more. I found seven files in the usr/lib/ipkg/info directory. The files are:

flash.control
    flash.list
    flash.md5sums
    flash.postinst
    flash-mini-adapter.control
    flash-mini-adapter.list
    flash-mini-adapter.md5sums

I used novaterm to copy these onto my Pre+ and rebooted, with no luck.

Does anybody else have any ideas?
    Yes, I have restarted my phone *multiple* times.
    Could someone post the lines needed to copy these files from novacom? I'm extremely uncomfortable tooling around the root of my phone via command line...
    Quote Originally Posted by temp View Post
    btw you won't see any changes if you don'te REPLACE the FlashMini.... that is in the BrowerServerPlugins folder.
    the one from 2.0.1 doctor is couple of kb bigger than that from 2.1.0 so you have to DELETE it first and to DOWLOAD the correct from VZW
    Yes, I did that the first time. I just did it again, and it doesn't work.
    I'm tired from today. My eyes hurt, my brain hurts, I've been looking at code for two days straight now.. blahhhhhh. I think I'm calling it a day. I shall be back again tomorrow, probably try to take a look at that browser-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $I$ $skimmed$ $it$ $earlier$, $didn$'$t$ $really$ $comprende$ $much$ $but$ $idk$ $maybe$ $I$ $can$ $find$ $something$. $G$'$nite$ $folks$.
    Make sure you adjust your Flash settings to avoid tracking cookies.

http://bit.ly/fyKTFy
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Streight_power View Post
    Ok looks like I got it working. I didn't know how to comment out javascript... runs pretty slow.
    Did you build a new meta-doctor? Or did you replace the files using novaterm? Also.. to comment out in jsjsjs $it$'$s$ /* ..... */ $right$? $I$'$m$ $not$ $being$ $stupid$? $Because$ $I$'$m$ $99$.$9$% $sure$ $I$ $did$ $everything$ $right$ $and$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$.
    How does one copy a file from computer => phone? I used cp <path to file on computer> <path to file on phone> in novaterm, but it said it couldn't find the file.
    I'm looking into a possibly easier way for you guys to install flash (though obviously I can't redistribute webOS ROM files, butI can help make things easier)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast