Page 1 of 217 1234561151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    This thread will be used for the recipes to customise the O2 webOS 2.1.0 Pre+ doctor for use on other Pre- and Pre+ devices.

Instructions for doing this are on the authoritative Wiki page at WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals - you must read that page, and all the pages linked from it, and How To Ask Questions The Smart Way before asking questions in this thread.

If you are posting a request for assistance in this thread, you must include a full log of the terminal window where you cloned the meta-doctor, where you ran the script, where the script automatically downloaded the doctors, and where the doctor flashed your phone. Any requests for assistance which do not contain this information will be ignored.

Follow this thread and @webosinternals on Twitter for the latest developments.

If you find these instructions useful, you may wish to send us a donation at WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals and/or purchase the Preware Homebrew Documentation app from the official app catalog, and leave a review with your thanks.

Look in the Device Info application on your device to find your model number (P100EWW, P100UEU, P100UNA, P101EWW, P101UEU, P101UNA) and your carrier (ROW, Sprint, Verizon, etc).

Before using the recipes in this thread, you need to install and become familiar with usage of the Meta-Doctor. See Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals for instructions (note that the procedure is actually on the WebOS 2 Upgrade wiki page, not on the MetaDoctor wiki page - that is simply the tool that the WebOS 2 Upgrade procedure uses). We will not be repeating any of those instructions in this thread. There are other threads on PreCentral which also give details of how to use the Meta-Doctor. Please ask beginner questions in those threads rather than this one.

Note that using Cygwin on Windows is no longer a supported MetaDoctor option, as it causes unbootable phones. The official Wiki pages now require you to use WUBI on Windows and follow the Linux instructions after that. The option for using Cygwin on Windows will not be reinstated.

YOU MUST ASSUME THAT USING ANYTHING FROM THIS THREAD HAS A NON-ZERO CHANCE OF COMPLETELY WIPING YOUR DEVICE AND DESTROYING YOUR PALM PROFILE.

Note that the existence of the O2 Pre+ webOS 2.1.0 doctor is of no benefit to those with Pixi or Pixi+ devices.

Do not post links to, or copies of altered proprietary software.

Any posts which refer to illegally redistributed software (such as a leaked webOS 2.0.1 doctor or QPST) will be removed.

Any posts asking other people to redistribute proprietary software (such as a custom webOS Doctor) will be removed.

Any posts which quote those removed posts will also be removed, and so on down the line of references. If you want your post to remain in this thread, you need to completely ignore invalid posts by others.

Any posts which question this policy will also be removed. Feel free to question the fundamental ethics of WebOS Internals in another thread, and we will be happy to discuss that with you there.

We will be ruthless in applying this policy, and ask the other moderators to do the same.

This thead is about using legally obtained items and the meta-doctor to achieve certain results. Posts which refer to illegally obtained material are not welcome anywhere near this thread.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/11/2011 at 11:50 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    mjkjr, Rnp, zukmos and 1 others like this.
  2.    #2  
    First up, installing webOS 2.1.0 on a GSM Pre+ (P101UEU or P101UNA) from a non-ROW carrier:

make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all
    WARNING: I have not been able to test the doctor that this command creates yet, so we need a guinea pig to test it and report the results.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/22/2011 at 06:06 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Rnp likes this.
    I will try to carve out some time this morning with an ATT Pre +
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi, can you tell me is there any possibility to modify Pre Plus update to work on devices like Palm Pixi and Palm Pixi Plus?
    THNX
    So,

I ran the update with a "Verizon Pre Plus", which is actually a Verizon Pre Minus (from a comms board swap) which thinks its a Pre Plus.

Anyway, I ran it by changing the Verizon Pre Plus OS version to 2.1.0 in the makefile, bypassing all checks, etc. It's currently at 12%. This phone has no service so I won't be able to tell if its working or not...

I will check with an unlocked Pre - (that thinks its an unlocked Pre +) in a bit, if I still have time.

*update*: Verizon Pre "Plus" with 2.1.0 booting now...
    Last edited by SirataXero; 02/22/2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    i have a sprint pre that im not using anymore. i dont mind trying to use it as guinea pig. im not very hitech at all , so i need someone to tell me what to do
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    i have a sprint pre that im not using anymore. i dont mind trying to use it as guinea pig. im not very hitech at all , so i need someone to tell me what to do

You start here:

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

M.
    Well, I think that worked. I have the Verizon Pre Plus up and running with 2.1.0. Dialing *2 takes me to Verizon Wireless help. Everything seems to be functional. I can't test service because this phone does not have service...

Anything else I can check to verify? I guess I could try to make a new Palm Profile so I can check App Catalog access (which I assume would not work since this is officially a Verizon Wireless Pre Plus running 2.1.0).

Anyone need pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Well, I think that worked. I have the Verizon Pre Plus up and running with 2.1.0. Dialing *2 takes me to Verizon Wireless help. Everything seems to be functional. I can't test service because this phone does not have service...

Anything else I can check to verify? I guess I could try to make a new Palm Profile so I can check App Catalog access (which I assume would not work since this is officially a Verizon Wireless Pre Plus running 2.1.0).

Anyone need pictures?
    Heck yeah!
    hpalmpad likes this.

Anything else I can check to verify?

Anyone need pictures?

App catalog show webOS2.x only apps? Backup app work?

M.

Anyone need pictures?
    I assume you won't want to try to login to your old profile?
    Sprint Love
  12.    #12  
    Next up, installing webOS 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre- that is not going to be connected to the Sprint network (i.e. a developer device which is not being used as a phone):

make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP=1 clobber all
    WARNING: This may result in a phone which cannot make a phone call or connect to cellular data (I cannot test these things in Australia). It should work fine on Wifi.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    App catalog show webOS2.x only apps? Backup app work?

M.
    Can't test any of that right now since I made a skip activation doctor. Need to sign into a profile first... what was the command to run first use again?
    Here's SOME amount of progress:

Currently working on getting my ATT Pre "Plus" running the skip all doctor. I won't have time right now, but i'll come back in the evening and run first use on both these phones and see if I get App Catalog access and backup working...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can't test any of that right now since I made a skip activation doctor. Need to sign into a profile first... what was the command to run first use again?
    You're right. I don't know that answer. I'll stay out of this and let the Pros handle this for now. :-)

M.
    How's it's running (speed wise, smoothness, etc...) on your Pre Plus?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    First up, installing webOS 2.1.0 on a GSM Pre+ (P101UEU or P101UNA) from a non-ROW carrier:

WARNING: I have not been able to test the doctor that this command creates yet, so we need a guinea pig to test it and report the results.

-- Rod
    meta-doctoring per these exact instructions on ATT Pre + Now
  18.    #18  
    Easiest way is to do a full erase and then reboot.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP=1 clobber all
    Should that just be DEVICE=pre for the Sprint minus?

M.
    Runs like a charm on german o2 pre-
    problems with paid apps and profile are present :/

Data connection and phoning works perfectly.
Page 1 of 217 1234561151101 ... LastLast