Page 98 of 217 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. hjime223's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #1941  
    My launch day Sprint Pre- has been running 2.1 for a few hours now and everything appears to be working great!
    I carefully followed the wiki step by step and was able to get everything working without any major issues, of course I am sure it helped that I happen to have an Ubuntu machine on my desk next to my OSX and Window 7 PC's.
    Things were slow without the overclocked kernel but once that was installed and I raised the compcache setting even the Flash videos and online Flash games I tried run just as well as my friends running them on their Android phones.
    WebOS Internals keeps doing some amazing things for us and they manage to do it in an ethical way which is just awesome. I made sure to send a donation their way as they deserve it.
  2. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #1942  
    yesterday i was able to get 2.1.0 onto my sprint pre using the meta-doctor instructions here Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals . i am confused about how to run the first use app. (palm profile says dr. skipped firstuse) i can make calls but i cant use data. i tried going into phone app and preferences to find "update network settings," but that options isnt available.. so put in my msl code and verified that my mdn and msid were correct.. i dont know where to go from here.. also got preware installed and searched for uberkenel in the testing feed (via wifi) and the uberkernel available says that its not available for 2.1.0. all i really want to know is what i need to do to get data back.. here are a few screenshots.. thanks for all your hard work webos-internals
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #1943  
    Rod,

    Can you please elaborate a small bit on "The provisioner service binary from the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor does not work on webOS 2.x" (From the Wiki that you added earlier).

    I understand what your saying, I'm just not sure I understand the term "provisioner" in this context.

    Honestly, even considering all the other things that aren't currently work in 2.1 (Terminal, LED Torch, those sorts of "major-ish" things), not being able to update the PRL is the only Show Stopper™ that's keeping me from updating.

    Thank you!


    M.
  4.    #1944  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    yesterday i was able to get 2.1.0 onto my sprint pre using the meta-doctor instructions here [url= - WebOS Internals[/url] . i am confused about how to run the first use app. (palm profile says dr. skipped firstuse) i can make calls but i cant use data. i tried going into phone app and preferences to find "update network settings," but that options isnt available.. so put in my msl code and verified that my mdn and msid were correct.. i dont know where to go from here.. also got preware installed and searched for uberkenel in the testing feed (via wifi) and the uberkernel available says that its not available for 2.1.0. all i really want to know is what i need to do to get data back.. here are a few screenshots.. thanks for all your hard work webos-internals
    Please prove that you have followed steps 1 to 6 on the official Wiki page.

    -- Rod
  5.    #1945  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Rod,

    Can you please elaborate a small bit on "The provisioner service binary from the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor does not work on webOS 2.x" (From the Wiki that you added earlier).

    I understand what your saying, I'm just not sure I understand the term "provisioner" in this context.

    Honestly, even considering all the other things that aren't currently work in 2.1 (Terminal, LED Torch, those sorts of "major-ish" things), not being able to update the PRL is the only Show Stopper™ that's keeping me from updating.

    Thank you!


    M.
    The provisioner package is the service behind the Update PRL UI element. You cannot update the PRL without a working provisioner binary.

    -- Rod
  6.    #1946  
    BTW, LED torch works, but HP's 3 month out of date webOS 2.0 NDA prevents Jason from releasing it.

    -- Rod
  7. #1947  
    I'm running a Sprint Pre and I followed the directions to the t. I got the doctor installed on my phone, but I can't get passed the activation screen. I searched the thread, but had no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
  8.    #1948  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I'm running a Sprint Pre and I followed the directions to the t. I got the doctor installed on my phone, but I can't get passed the activation screen. I searched the thread, but had no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
    You are missing many aspects of what makes a smart question. Please see the first post.

    For example, what are you seeing on that screen, what have you tried, what happened, what did you expect to happen ...

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/02/2011 at 10:57 PM.
  9. #1949  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    BTW, LED torch works, but HP's 3 month out of date webOS 2.0 NDA prevents Jason from releasing it.

    -- Rod
    I have read that in his area. I could've worded that bit better...

    As far as the PRL issue, this is a "probably never" then, is what I'm getting from what you're saying. Gottcha.

    Thank you for the time, man!


    M.
  10.    #1950  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I have read that in his area. I could've worded that bit better...

    As far as the PRL issue, this is a "probably never" then, is what I'm getting from what you're saying. Gottcha.

    Thank you for the time, man!


    M.
    A working provisioner (and therefore PRL update) is extremely unlikely with the currently officially publicly released sprint-related doctors.

    -- Rod
  11. #1951  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A working provisioner (and therefore PRL update) is extremely unlikely with the currently officially publicly released sprint-related doctors.

    -- Rod
    I am 100% understanding what you're saying (and what you're not).

    Thank you!


    M.
  12. #1952  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You are missing many aspects of what makes a smart question. Please see the first post.

    -- Rod
    I just wasn't sure if there was a way to get around it, without messing with the doctor anymore.
  13. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #1953  
    @rwhitby are you referring to steps 1-6 here > WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals < or the steps on the "Application:MetaDoctor" wiki? when following the steps from the webOS 2 upgrade wiki (with 2.1.0 already installed) i am not allowed to turn off backup to delete info. i get an error on my pre that says i cant turn off backup without and internet connection, even though i'm connected to wifi. trying to run the ./script in cygwin (step 3) i get "no such file directory."
  14.    #1954  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I just wasn't sure if there was a way to get around it, without messing with the doctor anymore.
    We cannot recreate from the information in your post what you are experiencing. Seriously, read the smart questions link in the first post, especially the bit about what information you need to put in a post so that others have a hope of being able to help you.

    -- Rod
  15.    #1955  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    @rwhitby are you referring to steps 1-6 here > [url= 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals[/url] < or the steps on the "Application:MetaDoctor" wiki? when following the steps from the webOS 2 upgrade wiki (with 2.1.0 already installed) i am not allowed to turn off backup to delete info. i get an error on my pre that says i cant turn off backup without and internet connection, even though i'm connected to wifi. trying to run the ./script in cygwin (step 3) i get "no such file directory."
    Doctor back to 1.4.5, then follow all the steps in the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki.

    -- Rod
  16. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #1956  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Doctor back to 1.4.5, then follow all the steps in the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki.

    -- Rod
    will do.. now, after i've doctored back to 1.4.5 and begin the process on the webOS 2 wiki, i'll turn off backup (usb already backed up), use cygwin to navigate to my meta-doctor folder then run the first script from there and so on.. correct? also, what is the benefit or negative of adding the -wifi only to it?
  17.    #1957  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    will do.. now, after i've doctored back to 1.4.5 and begin the process on the webOS 2 wiki, i'll turn off backup (usb already backed up), use cygwin to navigate to my meta-doctor folder then run the first script from there and so on.. correct? also, what is the benefit or negative of adding the -wifi only to it?
    You use --wifi-only if and only if you will never have cellular service on this device.

    -- Rod
  18.    #1958  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    will do.. now, after i've doctored back to 1.4.5 and begin the process on the webOS 2 wiki, i'll turn off backup (usb already backed up), use cygwin to navigate to my meta-doctor folder then run the first script from there and so on.. correct? also, what is the benefit or negative of adding the -wifi only to it?
    BTW, which set of instructions did you find which didn't point you directly to that Wiki page? We need to get those fixed to do so.

    -- Rod
  19. #1959  
    Before im completely destroyed by the great ones of this thread; I have tried searching for my specific issue and have given up to the fact that I am probably unable to put together a logical search string that will provide what I need. Here goes:

    Using Windows Vista PC with VM Virtual Box with Installed Ubuntu...using Dropbox as alternative to sharing files (for some reason nothing gets share files to work)

    ON Sprint Pre-

    1. On 1.4.5 - turn off back-up, removed all personal information after a fresh doctor.

    2. Completed all tasks listed in the Meta-Doctor Wiki
    2.a. Under Make Device Step Chose for Sprint Pre
    2.b. In the MakeFile did not specify pre nor carrier
    2.c. Upon doctor completion was not presented with First Run App...
    2.c.1. Was able to log into my original Palm Profile and update PRL settings

    3. Completed Webos 2 Upgrade steps until 4th
    3.a. New Doctor would not detect my phone, put into bootlogging mode (usb symbol), Doctor detects phone, goes to about 4% resets phone than says Doctor is not compatible with device.

    This is where i am stuck. Im almost sure that it has something to do with MakeFile info but Frankly im new to this and I maybe completely wrong.

    Please help.
  20. #1960  
    I was able to get the doctor to install correctly on my Sprint Pre, using the doctor generated by the Palm Pre 2.1 script with meta-doctor. After I turned the phone on, it booted fine and asked me for my language. After I confirmed English(United States) it says: Activation Error. You may need to activate your phone by going to.
    You'll need your HEX MEID:
    When you are sure that you have activated your phone, try again.

Posting Permissions