Page 96 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    I'm trying to understand this. If I'm running 2.1.o now, yet my pre is showing 1.4.5 in the device manager, then I need to restore palm build info? I'm trying to do this via WOSQI. Since I used cygwin to do the metadoctor, how do find my "build" file so that I can enter into the file section under tools in WOSQI?

Once I have that and follow thru, my pre will show 2.1.0?
    Yes. I figured out just now where it is. Using Windows Explorer (or browsing from WOSQI), it is in my C drive / cygwin / home / username / meta-doctor. Should be able to find everything you need there.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    You can, and more information is good, but I would assume anyone comfortable enough to use vi would be okay with the necessary steps.
    Just added it. Feel free to change it if I messed anything up. haha
    Thanks tonk!! You send the 2.1.0 file correct?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Thanks tonk!! You send the 2.1.0 file correct?
    Yes. And I ultimately had to 1) use the USB drive method from the wiki; 2) take the phone out of USB mode 3) use a 3.x version of WOSQI to use the Linux Commandline feature and 4) continue with the USB commandline commands.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mental note: don't try to click on the Gesture Tutorial again....
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Also, my phone status bar does not say "3G"; instead, it says "Ev".

Except at the moment, when it is displaying the dreaded "1x." Which explains why it's taking so long to download my apps from the catalog restore.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Also, my phone status bar does not say "3G"; instead, it says "Ev".

Except at the moment, when it is displaying the dreaded "1x." Which explains why it's taking so long to download my apps from the catalog restore.
  8.    #1908  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Now that I've got a fully working VZW install (thanks to the latest changes in the scripts and a bit of reading of forum posts regarding using Preware instead of webosQI for the flash ipk install process), could somebody point me to the current best way to take a snapshot image of the entire phone so I can restore everything at once, with all my settings and data as they are now?
    There is a full low level filesystem 'backup' target in the meta-doctor, but no corresponding automatic restore (although it would be possible to do so).

-- Rod
    I have been painfully trying to follow all steps in the wiki and precentral to get 2.1 installed on my Sprint pre minus(3 full days). I thought I had it but when i ran the new doctor that I built it says to plug my phone with the usb but my computer wont recognize it. help please
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    hey Guys, I have a question about turning of the backup in 1.4.5. I did that and then maybe 10 minutes later started to doctor to 2.1 and I was unable to login to my profile. Did I miss something where it said you have to wait a certain amount of time for the backup to get deleted?
    I know I am quoting myself, but I got it to work finally.
    Question for those who know...I originally turned off backups on my original profile, meta doctored to 2.1, used a new profile so I could test, then did the mask script, and ran 2.1 fine. Played for a few days till uberkernel released a overclock, patched and was in awe of how well it was running. Decided to go ahead and migrate my original profile over, did a full erase reset, signed into original profile, ran mask script, and all my original apps got pulled in except angry birds. Went to app cat, bought preware homebrew doc with no problem, also downloaded some free apps no problem. I then went searching for angry birds, clicked on the ad on front of app cat, it then shows no angry bird app? I also couldnt find an app named Critter that my daughter likes that I had with the new profile...

any ideas of the problem and how I can solve it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Preowner9051 View Post
    I have been painfully trying to follow all steps in the wiki and precentral to get 2.1 installed on my Sprint pre minus(3 full days). I thought I had it but when i ran the new doctor that I built it says to plug my phone with the usb but my computer wont recognize it. help please
    I has the same problem, as the button was greyed out and I couldnt move on. What I did was held the volume buttom up and the powered down the device, holding the up volume button down the whole time. When the phone came back on, there was a large USB icon on the screen. The next button then became operational. Hope that helps. You could also try restarting novacom in the services.msc
  13.    #1913  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Question for those who know...I originally turned off backups on my original profile, meta doctored to 2.1, used a new profile so I could test, then did the mask script, and ran 2.1 fine. Played for a few days till uberkernel released a overclock, patched and was in awe of how well it was running. Decided to go ahead and migrate my original profile over, did a full erase reset, signed into original profile, ran mask script, and all my original apps got pulled in except angry birds. Went to app cat, bought preware homebrew doc with no problem, also downloaded some free apps no problem. I then went searching for angry birds, clicked on the ad on front of app cat, it then shows no angry bird app? I also couldnt find an app named Critter that my daughter likes that I had with the new profile...

any ideas of the problem and how I can solve it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Ken
    The wiki clearly states that if you full erase you need to reinstall the masuerading palm-build-info again before logging into a profile. You now have a 9.9.9 device.

Doctor back to 1.4.5, log into your profile, and then start the whole process again, this time after reading the whole Wiki page first.

-- Rod
  14.    #1914  
    I has the same problem, as the button was greyed out and I couldnt move on. What I did was held the volume buttom up and the powered down the device, holding the up volume button down the whole time. When the phone came back on, there was a large USB icon on the screen. The next button then became operational. Hope that helps. You could also try restarting novacom in the services.msc
    Have you added both these tips to the Wiki page?

-- Rod
    Getting transfer failed error response when trying to send unmasqued file to /etc/palm-build-info.
    Anyone else having this problem? And how did you resolve it? The copy file to USB Partition solution makes me nervous to use... out of my pay grade
    Last edited by onmymarc; 03/02/2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: sp
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you added both these tips to the Wiki page?

-- Rod
    Never added to a wiki, but I will certainly try! On second thought.... thats where I found the solution. Hint hint huh
    I checked the script I ran (att pre plus) and it appears it is setting the disable_update_daemon flag... I haven't run it again yet, but I will capture the output when I do.
    I have tried the volume up method and still would not work. I thought I had novacom installed but when I tried to run novacom in the terminal it says
    start: Unknown job: palm-novacom
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    My App Catalog is still "restoring applications" but the applications aren't actually restoring. Additionally, I opened the App Catalog and attempted to view preferences, and got the yellow triangle indicating that this action could not be completed.

I have placed the 2.1 masq file on my phone correctly - does it need to be replaced with the 1.4.5 buildinfo file in order for the remaining apps to download and install correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaftdad View Post
    Environment: Win Vista, Cygwin, Fresh HP/Palm SDK, Virtual Box 3.2.12
    Device: Sprint Pre-
    (Meta) WebOS Doctor showed 0% and didn't proceed.
    Pre rebooted itself.
    Eventually, Doctor must have hit time out and showed Error: Could not update your device.
    Sounds like the same issue I had. Try running the doctor directly in Windows. Browse to your Cygwin directory and then "home\'user'\meta-doctor\build\" and run the jar.

Hope this helps!

-Dan