Page 95 of 217 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    In preparation for my upgrade to 2.1.0 I noticed something strange when logging on to my Palm Profile at palm.com.

Last time I checked (about 2 months ago) I had the German phone number that was used when first activating my phone in the Device Details for my phone. Because of this I have had access to the German App Catalog with paid apps.

Now the phone number in the profile have changed to my swedish phone number that i currently use. Luckily I still have access to paid apps in the German App Catalog.

Have anyone else noticed this? Is Palm "polling" my phone to get my phone number? Can this be an opening for access to paid apps to more countries?

Finally, the device info is tagged as primary device - I am not shure if this has been there before.

//
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Now that I've got a fully working VZW install (thanks to the latest changes in the scripts and a bit of reading of forum posts regarding using Preware instead of webosQI for the flash ipk install process), could somebody point me to the current best way to take a snapshot image of the entire phone so I can restore everything at once, with all my settings and data as they are now?
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Now that I've got a fully working VZW install (thanks to the latest changes in the scripts and a bit of reading of forum posts regarding using Preware instead of webosQI for the flash ipk install process), could somebody point me to the current best way to take a snapshot image of the entire phone so I can restore everything at once, with all my settings and data as they are now?
    Are you a VZW Nav subscriber?

Regarding snapshots: Keep the webOS Doctor that resulted from using Meta-Doctor, and use the Save/Restore app.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Are you a VZW Nav subscriber?

Regarding snapshots: Keep the webOS Doctor that resulted from using Meta-Doctor, and use the Save/Restore app.
    I'm not a Nav subscriber, sorry...$10/month is a bit much to stomach for a navigation app.

I'm getting pretty proficient at this point with the Save/Restore app-ness, but I was wondering if there was a way to save an image after Save/Restore has been done...essentially ghosting the entire phone. Having all of the apps and data included in the image would make the full restore process so much faster after people finally get a working install. I'd bounty that program if it hasn't been done yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a question for the UberKernel thread. :P

Just to clarify however if you copied over the build-info-unmasqed file you should only be seeing the 2.1 feed. Yes, you should install from the 2.1 feed.
    I didnt want to confuse the peeps over at uberkernel lol for this is clearly something that didnt work with the process of 2.1 install. I had issue with that part. I had a feeling it woudl come back to bite me in the *****. I tried the cygwin it didnt work, i tried quickinstall, failed as well. not sure what the problem is.. maybe, i should redo the whole process? i see the file.. but something is wrong. if you know anything else should try let me know. thanks again for the help
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    I didnt want to confuse the peeps over at uberkernel lol for this is clearly something that didnt work with the process of 2.1 install. I had issue with that part. I had a feeling it woudl come back to bite me in the *****. I tried the cygwin it didnt work, i tried quickinstall, failed as well. not sure what the problem is.. maybe, i should redo the whole process? i see the file.. but something is wrong. if you know anything else should try let me know. thanks again for the help
    Open up the build info and the unmasqed file in notepad and see if it says the same thing in both. What script did you use?
    wait wait i got it today.. i guess i needed someone to just tell me that i messed up.. thanks! well, im going to try the F105 and see how that goes.. ill post back here when the works or fails

**update, it installed, but now my phone wont go on?**

**update 2, after removing the batter when it said not to during the boot. i got the phone to work with F105 running.** maybe this will help.
    Last edited by InIlIoN; 03/02/2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    I am preparing to doctor my O2 Germany Pre- from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0.

I am pretty much ready to run the metadoctor script (meta-o2-pre-2.1.0) but can not find info if I need to use BYPASS_FIRST_USE option.

Earlier I have had to do this because I needed to go WiFi since I manually needed to edit the carrier db settings due to not being with a supported carrier.

My question is if anyone (Preferable with Pre- on Germany O2) have verified if the option to manually enter the carrier settings is working with 2.1.0 as opposed to earlier WebOS versions? If so, are these setting available before being required to connect to my Palm Profile.

//
    I also thought this would be an issue with my German O2 pre- that is being used on non-supported carrier.
    I can confirm for you that you can change/input settings manually. Sign in with ur profile and wait for it to "see" that you don't have active data and it'll give you option to enter setting for ur carrier. It accepted settings for my carrier, and it wouldn't do that on 1.4.5.
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk
    FALSE ALARM!!! nevermind!!!!

@EdCates:

I think I've got a problem with VZW Mobile Hot Spot.

MobileHotSpot works, BUT it appears to use the regular phone data allowance rather than the special HotSpot data allowance. Awhile back I dropped my regular phone data plan down to 150MB, as I very rarely use data on the phone itself (just enough for e-mail and the occaisional map) - the only time I use much data is for MHS, and that has a separate 5GB data allowance.

I just checked my verizon account, and it appears that when I tested MHS on monday night after completing the meta-doctor, the data I used went against my phone data allowance - it shows several blocks of phone data used at exactly that time (and I'm sure of the time because I posted about it while using MHS), while my MHS usage remains at zero.

Do you have any thoughts at all on how this could be fixed?

FALSE ALARM!!!

it turns out Verizon initially applies the mobile hot spot usage to the phone's data allowance, then later re-applies it correctly to the mobile hot spot allowance. it had occurred to me this might be the case, but it had been over 36 hours since I had use MHS and it was showing still as phone data. but now I just checked again (about 6 hours later), and it's been properly applied to the MHS allowance.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 03/02/2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMarvin View Post
    Had the same problem. Stuck at 'Complete'.

I found I had duplicate feeds, think it was from using Save/Restore on Preware. I sort this by deleting them from Manage Feeds which is still accessible when in the stuck state from the drop down box. Removed the duplicates, shutdown Preware and restarted. All was sorted.

Manic.
    I am also stuck at the 'Complete' stage in Preware but have no duplicate feeds and haven't used Save/Restore yet. I tried installing with the Preware Installer and with WOSQI and get the same result. Any other suggestions?

Edit 1: Ok, disabled all but one feed and it loaded. Double checked for duplicates and don't have any. I will re-enable the feeds one by one and update once I know the culprit.

Edit 2: It appears that if Palm-Catalog is enabled, my preware gets stuck at 'Complete!' Strange...
    Last edited by r2xj; 03/02/2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @EdCates:

MobileHotSpot works, BUT it appears to use the regular phone data allowance rather than the special HotSpot data allowance. Awhile back I dropped my regular phone data plan down to 150MB, as I very rarely use data on the phone itself (just enough for e-mail and the occaisional map) - the only time I use much data is for MHS, and that has a separate 5GB data allowance.

I just checked my verizon account, and it appears that when I tested MHS on monday night after completing the meta-doctor, the data I used went against my phone data allowance - it shows several blocks of phone data used at exactly that time (and I'm sure of the time because I posted about it while using MHS), while my MHS usage remains at zero.

I saw your post in the Pre|Central discussion thread, and already updated the wiki with ALARMING RED TEXT.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about a fix. I'd need to get my hands on a VZW phone with actual service, and I just have this half-working, no service Verizon FrankenPre-. Hopefully someone else can step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Understood. Has anyone of you actually asked Palm support about it? I would ask them to upgrade my two day old profile to 2.1.0, but knowing what would that mean for the App catalog, for example.

Or perhaps, asking that would make them angry... After all, my upgrade (I'm on Movistar Spain) was made unofficially.

You mean that would make my Pre register again, with its current 2.1 version?

Yes, my sittuation is that: 1.4.5 on the profile web page, and 2.1 in the phone's "palm-build-info" file.
    You should be good to go. That is what you want.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    SWEET SUCCESS - and my, 2.1 on Verizon is delicious!

However, I am having trouble knowing where to look for the palm-build-info-unmasqed file. My phone is still restoring apps from the app catalog and syncing my Google and Facebook accounts at the moment. I have been able to access the App Catalog (and boy does it look different). At what point do I need to copy the palm-build-info-unmasqed file, how do I know if I need to copy it over, and where do I find it on my computer in the first place? I used the Cygwin method.

By the way - I did search for this information. I know it says "If the meta-script left a palm-build-info-unmasqed file in your working directory, then after you log into your profile you need to copy this file back onto your device" on the wiki, but it does not tell me where to find this file. My device info does still indicate 1.4.5.
    Last edited by mrtonk; 03/02/2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hey Ed, I noticed that no one has done a walkthrough on using vi to change the compcache. Is there a reason for this or should I add it to the wiki?
    Is the Hotspot App included from the Pre 2 doctor? Perhaps they changed it as MHS is no longer free on there. Is it possible to use the one from 1.4.5 instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by swtoombs View Post
    Hey Ed, I noticed that no one has done a walkthrough on using vi to change the compcache. Is there a reason for this or should I add it to the wiki?
    You can, and more information is good, but I would assume anyone comfortable enough to use vi would be okay with the necessary steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    Is the Hotspot App included from the Pre 2 doctor? Perhaps they changed it as MHS is no longer free on there. Is it possible to use the one from 1.4.5 instead?
    Ohhhhhh . . . point. Yes, all the Verizon apps were pulled from the Pre2 Doc. We'll have to do some testing of the 1.4.5 version.
    I'm trying to understand this. If I'm running 2.1.o now, yet my pre is showing 1.4.5 in the device manager, then I need to restore palm build info? I'm trying to do this via WOSQI. Since I used cygwin to do the metadoctor, how do find my "build" file so that I can enter into the file section under tools in WOSQI?

Once I have that and follow thru, my pre will show 2.1.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @EdCates:

Just a quick thought about this: I am on VZW also, and the account information is often inaccurate, it will say that it is my phone data plan when it actually counts against MHS. The true indication is in how much data VZW says your phone has used. This sometimes takes a couple of days to get corrected to the right number after i use the MHS (EG i'll use 50mb on MHS, it initially says that the phone did that, then a couple days later that 50mb is accounted to the MHS).

Personally i would doubt that the Pre2 MHS works any different, more likely that is on the VZW side. My understanding is the MHS has a unique identifier that is used to tell VZW that its MHS. I'd be surprised if that identifier was different for devices running MHS, but can't say i actually know...
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    hey Guys, I have a question about turning of the backup in 1.4.5. I did that and then maybe 10 minutes later started to doctor to 2.1 and I was unable to login to my profile. Did I miss something where it said you have to wait a certain amount of time for the backup to get deleted?