Page 94 of 217 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #1861  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    after updating my o2 uk pre- I got some issues.
    my gps is on but not working,
    cant download preware, webosQInstall tells me that system is busy.
    save/restore app dont see his files.
    The "system busy" message could mean that the phone is reinstalling App Catalog apps. Responsible installers (Preware, WOSQI) check to see if the phone is already installing something before they just run amuck on your filesystem.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  2. #1862  
    I just wanted to say that I have Doctored my Sprint Pre- twice now with 2.1 using both meta-scripts. Both using Cygwin on Win7 and went off with little issue.

    1st Dr. I had some small issues with Cygwin, nothing at all to do with Meta-Doctor. The install went great once the Dr. was produced. I ran the Dr. directly in Windows, not using the instance that Cygwin started. I then installed the Sprint Nascar app right out of the ipk with Preware.

    2nd Dr. went smoother, since Cygwin was already set up. I ran the script multiple times, allowing the new Dr. to try to install on the Pre. Each time, it would hang on the charging. I then ran it directly in Windows, and it worked first time. I again installed the Nascar app.

    Thanks again for all your hard work and giving us this gift. You guys, the whole community here, are great. Keep it up guys!

    -Dan
  3. #1863  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It seems like the most trouble people are having is with the unmasqed transfer.
    Yes. I think this lends credence to Rod's suggestion that people acquaint themselves more thoroughly with installing/running Novacom & Novaterm and doctoring their phones with an official webOS Doctor before diving right in and . . . zOMG 2.1!!!!

    Once you've gotten the latest novacom package installed and are comfortable at least _typing_ "novaterm" (which may mean, yes, you need to learn how to add applications to your "PATH" for your given terminal environment) and seeing that you've connected to your phone, method #1 in the Wiki is ridiculously easy. Copy and paste easy, even.

    Having said that, I've edited that part of the Wiki (linked in my sig) to try and clarify things somewhat. Hope it helps.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  4. #1864  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHammer View Post
    I just wanted to say that I have Doctored my Sprint Pre- twice now with 2.1 using both meta-scripts. Both using Cygwin on Win7 and went off with little issue.

    1st Dr. I had some small issues with Cygwin, nothing at all to do with Meta-Doctor. The install went great once the Dr. was produced. I ran the Dr. directly in Windows, not using the instance that Cygwin started. I then installed the Sprint Nascar app right out of the ipk with Preware.
    Dan,

    Thank you much for the feedback! Always good to hear it. Are you saying that the Nascar App "just works" out of the box?

    My phone has been lying undisturbed for two whole days now. I guess it's time to do another tear down.
    Last edited by EdCates; 03/02/2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Changing emphasis within the quote box
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  5. #1865  
    Downloaded already all 3 webos doctors and put it in downloads folder fdrom meta. So do I still internet connection when running the script?
  6. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1866  
    I am preparing to doctor my O2 Germany Pre- from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0.

    I am pretty much ready to run the metadoctor script (meta-o2-pre-2.1.0) but can not find info if I need to use BYPASS_FIRST_USE option.

    Earlier I have had to do this because I needed to go WiFi since I manually needed to edit the carrier db settings due to not being with a supported carrier.

    My question is if anyone (Preferable with Pre- on Germany O2) have verified if the option to manually enter the carrier settings is working with 2.1.0 as opposed to earlier WebOS versions? If so, are these setting available before being required to connect to my Palm Profile.

    //
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  7. #1867  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Downloaded already all 3 webos doctors and put it in downloads folder fdrom meta. So do I still internet connection when running the script?
    Nope. Should be good to go.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  8. #1868  
    I have a chuck pre just to start things off. i tried to install the F105 the other day after getting 2.1 on the phone. first thank you for doing what palm should have put out so so long ago.
    but when i tried to install F105 from the testing feed i got this error. can anyone help with what went wrong?


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    96 2718k 96 2635k 0 0 26122 0 0:01:46 0:01:43 0:00:03 47856
    100 2718k 100 2718k 0 0 26788 0 0:01:43 0:01:43 --:--:-- 61925
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel is not compatible with this webOS version, aborting
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

    am i suppose to install the 2.1 or from 1.4.5 testing feed? much thanks
  9. #1869  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have a Sprint webOS 2.1.0, check if:



    enables the Update PRL option in the phone preferences, and let me know if it works as expected.

    -- Rod
    Rod:

    Works beautifully. As someone else reported it sits and spins on "Cancel Update," but as far as I know that's always been the case with the Sprint PRL, and not anything in your code.

    In other words, the Sprint PRL update has always been erratic for me, so I suspect your fix is fine.
  10. #1870  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    I have a chuck pre just to start things off. i tried to install the F105 the other day after getting 2.1 on the phone. first thank you for doing what palm should have put out so so long ago.
    but when i tried to install F105 from the testing feed i got this error. can anyone help with what went wrong?

    am i suppose to install the 2.1 or from 1.4.5 testing feed? much thanks
    Did you unmasq your phone, per step 4.6 in the Wiki?

    You need the 2.1 version of the kernel.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  11. #1871  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Dan,

    Thank you much for the feedback! Always good to hear it. Are you saying that the Nascar App "just works" out of the box?

    My phone has been lying undisturbed for two whole days now. I guess it's time to do another tear down.

    Yes. The 1.4.5 Nascar app installs and runs like a dream.

    -Dan
  12. #1872  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    I have a chuck pre just to start things off. i tried to install the F105 the other day after getting 2.1 on the phone. first thank you for doing what palm should have put out so so long ago.
    but when i tried to install F105 from the testing feed i got this error. can anyone help with what went wrong?


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    96 2718k 96 2635k 0 0 26122 0 0:01:46 0:01:43 0:00:03 47856
    100 2718k 100 2718k 0 0 26788 0 0:01:43 0:01:43 --:--:-- 61925
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel is not compatible with this webOS version, aborting
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

    am i suppose to install the 2.1 or from 1.4.5 testing feed? much thanks
    I'm pretty sure that's a question for the UberKernel thread. :P

    Just to clarify however if you copied over the build-info-unmasqed file you should only be seeing the 2.1 feed. Yes, you should install from the 2.1 feed.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  13. #1873  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaftdad View Post
    Environment: Win Vista, Cygwin, Fresh HP/Palm SDK, Virtual Box 3.2.12
    Device: Sprint Pre-

    Followed directions for setup/config of MetaDoctor, HP Palm SDK.
    Followed directions for Cygwin/Linux MetaDoctor script execution.
    (Meta)WebOS Doctor launched from cygwin shell.
    Put device in Dev Mode.
    Novacmd installed.
    Screen on Pre showed large USB icon, when connected via USB.
    Cygwin shell showed:
    Mar 1, 2011 10:23:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Mar 1, 2011 10:23:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Mar 1, 2011 10:23:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.BatteryCharger star
    tJob
    INFO: Started:Battery Charger Stage
    Getting Into Update Mode: Rebooting into update mode
    Getting Into Update Mode: Waiting for device to come back

    (Meta) WebOS Doctor showed 0% and didn't proceed.
    Pre rebooted itself.
    Eventually, Doctor must have hit time out and showed Error: Could not update your device.
    Clicked Done button and cygwin showed Doctor wrap up execution.

    Help appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Looks like you're having the same issue I had. Try running the Doctor right from the build folder in Windows. Go to your Cygwin install folder using Windows. Open "home\'user'\meta-doctor\build\" and run the .jar file (just double-click it)

    Should work from there!

    Hope this helped!

    -Dan
  14. #1874  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I would recommend using the meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 script, which does not require anything to do with masquerading. Check http://palm.com/palmprofile to make sure your profile ends up as 2.1.0 ...

    -- Rod
    This solved my problem N.1 with net connection, but I still see few apps (47 to be precise) in the app catalog.
    All the apps I previously installed in 1.4.5 got reinstalled correctly. My palm profile now says i'm on 2.1.0 (was 1.4.5 before).

    I'm afraid I have to install my apps downloading the IPKs manually with IPK fetcher.....
  15. #1875  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You might run into a problem with that because the Palm server might see your device now, as a 2.1 device and if there is no such device on that carrier, you may end up with a 9.9.9 version on the www.palm.com/palmprofile page.
    Understood. Has anyone of you actually asked Palm support about it? I would ask them to upgrade my two day old profile to 2.1.0, but knowing what would that mean for the App catalog, for example.

    Or perhaps, asking that would make them angry... After all, my upgrade (I'm on Movistar Spain) was made unofficially.

    But you can use Erase Apps and Data and try it, then check the above link.
    You mean that would make my Pre register again, with its current 2.1 version?

    If you are logged in with the profile you want now, and are showing 2.1 on your Pre, I would leave that.
    Yes, my sittuation is that: 1.4.5 on the profile web page, and 2.1 in the phone's "palm-build-info" file.
  16. #1876  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHammer View Post
    Yes. The 1.4.5 Nascar app installs and runs like a dream.

    -Dan
    Confirmed. Thanks, Dan! I'll get it added to the Sprint Meta script.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  17. #1877  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaftdad View Post
    Environment: Win Vista, Cygwin, Fresh HP/Palm SDK, Virtual Box 3.2.12
    Device: Sprint Pre-

    Followed directions for setup/config of MetaDoctor, HP Palm SDK.
    Followed directions for Cygwin/Linux MetaDoctor script execution.
    (Meta)WebOS Doctor launched from cygwin shell.
    Put device in Dev Mode.
    Novacmd installed.
    Screen on Pre showed large USB icon, when connected via USB.
    Cygwin shell showed:
    Mar 1, 2011 10:23:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Mar 1, 2011 10:23:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Mar 1, 2011 10:23:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.BatteryCharger star
    tJob
    INFO: Started:Battery Charger Stage
    Getting Into Update Mode: Rebooting into update mode
    Getting Into Update Mode: Waiting for device to come back

    (Meta) WebOS Doctor showed 0% and didn't proceed.
    Pre rebooted itself.
    Eventually, Doctor must have hit time out and showed Error: Could not update your device.
    Clicked Done button and cygwin showed Doctor wrap up execution.

    Help appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Sounds like the issue I had. Just run the Doctor through Windows. Browse to your Cygwin directory (usually C:\cygwin) and then browse to "\home\'user'\meta-doctor\build\" where 'user' is your Cygwin username. Then just run the .jar file there by double-clicking on it! That should run the doctor without issue!

    Hope this helps!

    -Dan
  18. #1878  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Confirmed. Thanks, Dan! I'll get it added to the Sprint Meta script.
    Glad I could help!

    -Dan
  19. #1879  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Confirmed. Thanks, Dan! I'll get it added to the Sprint Meta script.
    Also "Football Live" is working. Neither one of them worked last time I tried them, but they weren't installed during the doctoring process.

    Of course, neither was Dan's NASCAR app.

    Oh well...marking both as working, updating script and Wiki. Whee!
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  20. #1880  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Nooooo! Sprint is CDMA, not GSM. It won't work. For a GSM device in the US I'd try the ATT script.

    It sounds like "DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON" didn't get set when the Makefile was run (or invoked by a script).
    I can't see any later references to this topic in the thread or on the wiki. This appears to be still happening in the ATT Pre Plus script. I downloaded everything last night and ran the script on an unactivated ATT Pre Plus, and it is prompting me to install 1.4.5 update. I did everything on Ubuntu 10.04. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but this is an approximate re-creation of events:
    * I used the command: "scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 --wifi-only" Everything went smoothly and the Dr ran perfectly, and the phone seems completely normal.
    * Ran first use app to create new palm profile over wifi (no SIM)
    * Signed into profile,
    * Checked palm.com/palmprofile: reporting 1.40.50
    * Verified app catalog access, downloaded free apps
    * Prompted to update to 1.4.5!
    * Hooked back up to laptop and copied unmasqueraded build-info file
    * Restarted phone
    * Verified 2.1.0 reported in device info
    * Restarted phone again
    * Verified app catalog access again, installed more free apps.
    * palm.com/palmprofile still reports 1.40.50

    I'm going to update the metadoctor and run it again since it appears there were updates overnight.

Posting Permissions