Page 92 of 217 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #1821  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    That has come up repeatedly here (anyone want to compile a FAQ for the Wiki?). It's due to an md5sum mismatch on some of the files, and can be safely ignored. Your phone should reboot after that with ALT+SYM+R, and start up normally.

    Also, I believe Rod has fixed that with the newest iteration. You might try doing a fresh "git clone . . . " and see if it fares better.
    Done, and installed. Thanks for the update and vote of confidence. Iím up and running with the latest script, and posting this via a Mobile Hotspot connection! I donít use Amazon or VZNav, but I might give VZNav a try to offer input here. Yee hah!
  2. #1822  
    I have successfully followed the wiki, got 2.1 on my sprint device, but can't log into palm profile at all. I have tried the trouble shoot for checking the MSL and MSID are correct. start over?
  3. #1823  
    Somehow, I'm not able to overwrite the palm-build-info with the unmasqed file.
    Code:
    root@xxxxx xxxx's Palm Pre:/# cp -f /media/internal/palm-build-info-unmasqed /et
    c/palm-build-info
    cp: can't stat '/media/internal/palm-build-info-unmasqed': No such file or directory
    The file is on my Pre. Device Info STILL shows 1.4.5 as the webOS version.
  4. #1824  
    @rwhitby
    That's one way to address some of the issues. I agree that my problem is not related to the upgrade/legacy meta-doctor goodness. The environment itself has never been smooth to setup (done it on three computers). Often takes a bunch of resets and reinstalls. Haven't captured the secret incantation for my machines yet, or I'd share.
    While I have your attention (maybe) -
    THANKS for all your work. I wonder sometimes if HP made a calculated guess with their non-support for legacy devices...
    Would the community step in? Is buying them a few servers a cheap way to address it? I think a few 6 month salary equivalent checks may actually be in order.

    Just saying....

    Thanks.
  5. swtoombs's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #1825  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, all of them work. Perhaps not on the specific configuration of computer and operating system and installed software that you have, but definitely every single one of those alternatives works.

    So your path forward is to work out how your setup diverges from the setups that are created by following the wiki page and other linked documentation pages precisely.

    -- Rod
    So I went through and looked at the text in the umasqed file and it showed that it was 1.4.5 and not 2.1.0 then I looked at an older version of it from a previous doctor and the information was different. I switched out the older one for the new one and it worked just fine. I just rebuilt a meta-doctor using the old scripts and output of the unmasqed file is correct then reran the script for the new doctor and it was wrong again. I'm not sure if this has to do with something on my end or if it's something in the meta-doctor but either way I figured I'd let you know. Thanks for all your hard work... You, along with all the other HB developers, make Webos totally worth it!
  6. #1826  
    I just got my Sprint test device in the mail, ran the wifi-only script and it worked fine (actually first attempt failed right away so i doctored to 1.4.5, after that it went fine).

    A little weirdness to report: The USB drive is intact! There're over 300 photos and lots of music, etc. from the previous owner still on the device! I haven't seen anyone else say anything about this, but I thought doctoring from 1.x to 2.x always erased the USB partition...
  7.    #1827  
    Quote Originally Posted by swtoombs View Post
    So I went through and looked at the text in the umasqed file and it showed that it was 1.4.5 and not 2.1.0 then I looked at an older version of it from a previous doctor and the information was different. I switched out the older one for the new one and it worked just fine. I just rebuilt a meta-doctor using the old scripts and output of the unmasqed file is correct then reran the script for the new doctor and it was wrong again. I'm not sure if this has to do with something on my end or if it's something in the meta-doctor but either way I figured I'd let you know. Thanks for all your hard work... You, along with all the other HB developers, make Webos totally worth it!
    I just checked all the scripts, and the copying of palm-build-info files looks correct.

    Which script are you running?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #1828  
    If you have a Sprint webOS 2.1.0, check if:

    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"showUpdatePRL":true}'
    enables the Update PRL option in the phone preferences, and let me know if it works as expected.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #1829  
    If you have a Sprint webOS 2.1.0, check if:

    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"showUpdatePRL":true}'
    enables the Update PRL option in the phone preferences, and let me know if it works as expected.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #1830  
    Hi my on terminal i got this two info is everything ok?

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Updating the touch panel firmware

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Hardware id is 0x0. Make sure this matches your hardware otherwise your touchpanel may not work.

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Programmed FW version is 8400. File firmware version is 8400 (only valid for hex file versions 200a and higher).

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Not flashing FW. Device has newer or same version than file. Use --force or -f to force

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Starting: A6 Updater

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: A6 Updater: Not updating A6 firmware: no A6 on the device

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: A6 Updater
  11.    #1831  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    Hi my on terminal i got this two info is everything ok?

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Updating the touch panel firmware

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Hardware id is 0x0. Make sure this matches your hardware otherwise your touchpanel may not work.

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Programmed FW version is 8400. File firmware version is 8400 (only valid for hex file versions 200a and higher).

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Touch Panel Updater: Not flashing FW. Device has newer or same version than file. Use --force or -f to force

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Starting: A6 Updater

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: A6 Updater: Not updating A6 firmware: no A6 on the device

    2011-03-02 09:01:50 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: A6 Updater
    That is all normal.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. swtoombs's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #1832  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I just checked all the scripts, and the copying of palm-build-info files looks correct.

    Which script are you running?

    -- Rod
    I'm running the newest script but using the unmasqed file from an older one. What I was trying to say earlier is running the new script gives me the exact same information in my "palm-build-info" file and my "palm-build-info-unmasqed" file.

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have a Sprint webOS 2.1.0, check if:


    enables the Update PRL option in the phone preferences, and let me know if it works as expected.

    -- Rod
    It does enable however it just keeps spinning and showing me the "Cancel Update" option. I don't really get very good reception in my house so that may have something to do with it.
    Last edited by swtoombs; 03/02/2011 at 02:44 AM.
  13. #1833  
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I have, and I did nothing different. Strangely, after several failed attempts, running the Doctor yet again finally got it to go past the Battery Charging stage and start flashing
    Hm, in defense of some of the "n00bs": yes, I have doctored before, and yes, I have had the same experience. Sometimes the doctor just does not want to recognize the phone. A couple of attempts and suddenly it worked. "n00bs" would go crazy because they think they did something wrong in the meta stage when everything they did to build the doctor was right.

    Perhaps some more explaination what to try to get the doctor to recognize the phone could help (unplug/replug phone, stop/restart novacom service...)

    And yeah, it's always good to re-check with an official 1.4.5 doctor just to make sure that your PC is set up correctly.

    Max
  14.    #1834  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have a Sprint webOS 2.1.0, check if:

    ...

    enables the Update PRL option in the phone preferences, and let me know if it works as expected.

    -- Rod
    OK, looks like it needs the provisioner service, and the 1.4.5 provisioner binary doesn't run on 2.x (missing a library).

    The investigation continues ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. sm07's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1835  
    Installed 2.1 on my O2 UK Pre- this morning, runs like a dream with Uberkernel and Govnah

    Weird bug though (probably cause I'm in Australia), when someone texts me their number displays as +61 etc instead of their contact details (unless I have the +61 keyed into their contact entry).

    However, that's pretty much irrelevant. Thanks so much Rod, will try to donate when I can for all your (and the WebOS Internals team's) hard work!
  16. #1836  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    A little weirdness to report: The USB drive is intact! There're over 300 photos and lots of music, etc. from the previous owner still on the device! I haven't seen anyone else say anything about this, but I thought doctoring from 1.x to 2.x always erased the USB partition...
    Yeah, I had that too. My first 2.1 upgrade left the USB drive intact. Surprise. When I redoctored back to 1.4.5 and again to 2.1, the USB partition was nuked. Not sure what caused it.

    Max
  17.    #1837  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Hm, in defense of some of the "n00bs": yes, I have doctored before, and yes, I have had the same experience. Sometimes the doctor just does not want to recognize the phone. A couple of attempts and suddenly it worked. "n00bs" would go crazy because they think they did something wrong in the meta stage when everything they did to build the doctor was right.

    Perhaps some more explaination what to try to get the doctor to recognize the phone could help (unplug/replug phone, stop/restart novacom service...)
    Yep, that is something that any number of community members could add to the wiki page in a troubleshooting section ...

    Who's going to step up and make their contribution?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18.    #1838  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Yeah, I had that too. My first 2.1 upgrade left the USB drive intact. Surprise. When I redoctored back to 1.4.5 and again to 2.1, the USB partition was nuked. Not sure what caused it.

    Max
    It's the doctoring back to 1.4.5 which wipes the USB partition. The 1.4.5 doctor can't predict that in the future the partitions are going to need to be resized, and just wipes them if it sees something it doesn't understand. The 2.x doctor has already seen the future, so can do the right thing.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1839  
    Quote Originally Posted by sm07 View Post
    Installed 2.1 on my O2 UK Pre- this morning, runs like a dream with Uberkernel and Govnah

    Weird bug though (probably cause I'm in Australia), when someone texts me their number displays as +61 etc instead of their contact details (unless I have the +61 keyed into their contact entry).

    However, that's pretty much irrelevant. Thanks so much Rod, will try to donate when I can for all your (and the WebOS Internals team's) hard work!
    i'm on uk pre- too. but now cant download preware, weboQinstall says: system busy?
    btw with script u used?
  20. #1840  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's the doctoring back to 1.4.5 which wipes the USB partition.
    Interesting. I'm having funky problems with my music files that perhaps you could shed some light into... Perhaps it's related somehow.

    In my case, I did a single 1.4.5 to 2.1 upgrade, and while everything seemed intact, I've even wiped out and recreated the "music" folder to no avail: No file in it shows up in Music app, while everything is fine both through console and USB mode.

Posting Permissions