Page 90 of 217 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Sanglant's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #1781  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Perfect.

    a) Unplug it from the computer
    b) Restart Palm Novacom service | Look in your computer Services console
    c) Plug the Pre to your computer and select Charge only
    d) Run webOS Doctor
    i) When you click Next at "This tool will reset your phone..." (4th webOS Doctor window), does it say Checking System? If Yes, does the Novacom installation window pop-up? If Yes, proceed. If No, Novacom is not properly installed
    ii) At the "Connect your phone directly to your computer..." (6th webOS Doctor window), is the Next button visible or wash out?
    Everything is good now. I had to restart the novacomd service. Thanks for everyone that helped out.
  2. #1782  
    Sorry for asking questions that was posted already but I read all the stuff but didn't understand the stuff that I'm asking. So somebody pls answer me if I need to install the virtual machine on cygwin and if I need to do something with sdk after installing it move somewhere or something else? Thanks
  3.    #1783  
    OK, all scripts have been updated to the new stlye.

    The file verification error on the verizon preplus script has been fixed.

    The sprint pre and verizon preplus new-* scripts have been promoted to replace the old versions.

    There is a new-meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1 script which is experimental - see the other "using verizon doctor for Sprint Pre 2" thread for that.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #1784  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Sorry for asking questions that was posted already but I read all the stuff but didn't understand the stuff that I'm asking. So somebody pls answer me if I need to install the virtual machine on cygwin and if I need to do something with sdk after installing it move somewhere or something else? Thanks
    If you're using windows, no need to instead virtual machine,
    1) Install palm sdk
    2) Install Java (skip if latest Java is already installed)
    3) Install Cygwin (make sure to select the necessary packages - Make, Python, Patch, etc)
    4) Follow the wiki to installe meta-doctor
    Code:
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    
    cd meta-doctor
    
    mkdir downloads
    
    cd downloads
    
    wget http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p145r0d08102010/spr1ntp145rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    
    mv webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    
    cd ~/meta-doctor
    5) Follow webOS 2 Upgrade wiki
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 03/01/2011 at 08:09 PM.
  5. #1785  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Sorry for asking questions that was posted already but I read all the stuff but didn't understand the stuff that I'm asking. So somebody pls answer me if I need to install the virtual machine on cygwin and if I need to do something with sdk after installing it move somewhere or something else? Thanks
    Did you read this wiki? In the first post of this thread, it says you need to become familiar with meta-doctor. This will answer your questions:

    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
  6. #1786  
    Quote Originally Posted by merrit View Post
    I was able to successfully get 2.1 on my Bell Pre. Everything is working great including GPS.
    Did you delete your Palm profile first?

    Are you able to install WebOS 2.0 apps from the App Catalog?
  7. #1787  
    It would be fun to setup a poll on the front page to record how many people have done this be it successful or not.. curious to know how many people we still have around after all those who threatened to leave.. Sure seems like quite a few!
  8. #1788  
    I'm holding out awhile longer before attempting this with my Pre- & if they announce the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint in June I'll probably just wait for it.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  9. #1789  
    If i install this ''doctor'' to my pre minus, will i be able to use the overclocked kernel that was just released?

    Thanks in advance!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
  10. #1790  
    Webos Doctor wont "start". The next button is grayed out after I confirm English. I searched for answers, most stating that my pre is not being discovered. I think it is, but it seems more like novacom is not running in the virtual machine (ubuntu 9.4), if thats possible. I know I downloaded that and also the SDK. The meta-doctor is def working, as I can get the WEBOS doctor to open after I run the script. Could it be that novacom is not running? I went thru the tutorials a bunch of times. Am I missing something.
    While waiting for the doctor to get started, my terminal was basically scrolling and saying something along the lines of novacom discovery?
    Any help is much appreciated...
  11. #1791  
    I just want to put it on a spare device that has the old leak 2.0 and i got all the ubuntu stuff and ran the script & it wont download past 40% or so, its like my wifi dies. Dunno y. I put ubuntu on a 4gb hd and maybe its running out of space to download more perhaps? I want to toy with it on a spare device and how to enable things w/ linux/ubuntu before I put it on my main sprint pre. But I may never do that if I cant use my current profile w/ all its apps, backups.
    Last edited by RyanCell; 03/01/2011 at 08:30 PM.
  12. #1792  
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    Webos Doctor wont "start". The next button is grayed out after I confirm English. I searched for answers, most stating that my pre is not being discovered. I think it is, but it seems more like novacom is not running in the virtual machine (ubuntu 9.4), if thats possible. I know I downloaded that and also the SDK. The meta-doctor is def working, as I can get the WEBOS doctor to open after I run the script. Could it be that novacom is not running? I went thru the tutorials a bunch of times. Am I missing something.
    While waiting for the doctor to get started, my terminal was basically scrolling and saying something along the lines of novacom discovery?
    Any help is much appreciated...
    Unplug the phone and restart Palm Novacom service. Reconnect your phone to the computer and try webOS Doctor again.
  13. #1793  
    Does webos doctor have to run from the virtual machine? Or can it run from windows..or does it matter? I mean all the work for this has been done and saved in the virtual machine.
    I cant seem to figure out how to run novacom from linux.... Makes sense?

    Also, not a linux guy so how do I run webos doctor without running the script again? Thx
  14. #1794  
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    Does webos doctor have to run from the virtual machine? Or can it run from windows..or does it matter? I mean all the work for this has been done and saved in the virtual machine.
    I cant seem to figure out how to run novacom from linux.... Makes sense?

    Also, not a linux guy so how do I run webos doctor without running the script again? Thx
    For ease of use, move the webOS Doctor to your Windows drive and run it from there.
  15. #1795  
    Hopefully this is the last time I bother you...How do you move from virtual to host? Can I do this via sharing?
  16. #1796  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    It won't hurt. What you really need is novacom and drivers, which you get either from a webosdoctor or from the sdk install. You will need the Windows version (cygwin is not ubuntu).

    Max
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    If you're using windows, no need to instead virtual machine,
    1) Install palm sdk
    2) Install Java (skip if latest Java is already installed)
    3) Install Cygwin (make sure to select the necessary packages - Make, Python, Patch, etc)
    4) Follow the wiki to installe meta-doctor
    Code:
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    
    cd meta-doctor
    
    mkdir downloads
    
    cd downloads
    
    wget http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p145r0d08102010/spr1ntp145rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    
    mv webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    
    cd ~/meta-doctor
    5) Follow webOS 2 Upgrade wiki
    Thank you very much I downloaded already the webos doctor yesterday so I just now put in the downloads folder. Downloading now sdk hope everything will work out
  17. #1797  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I just want to put it on a spare device that has the old leak 2.0 and i got all the ubuntu stuff and ran the script & it wont download past 40% or so, its like my wifi dies. Dunno y. I put ubuntu on a 4gb hd and maybe its running out of space to download more perhaps? I want to toy with it on a spare device and how to enable things w/ linux/ubuntu before I put it on my main sprint pre. But I may never do that if I cant use my current profile w/ all its apps, backups.
    It downloads 3 webosdoctors (the o2 2.1.0, the sprint 1.4.5, and the vzw 2.0.1), for a total of 580MB. However it has to extract all three of those files, and build a whole new directory structure then re-compress it. My meta-doctor directory is currently 3.8gb with the completed doctor in it.
    So no, you're not going to get it built on a 4GB drive with ubuntu on it too.

    I found it VERY easy to just use Cygwin in Windows instead of messing with installing Linux (I have plenty of linux experience, linux boxes at the office and at clients, just use windows at home).

    As to the profile, you don't lose your apps, just your backups. However the webosinternals Save/Restore utility can backup much of your stuff, and you can export your Palm Profile contacts to .vcf using a patch. I just imported them into a google account, and now use that for my contacts so I don't have to worry about them any more.
  18. #1798  
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    If i install this ''doctor'' to my pre minus, will i be able to use the overclocked kernel that was just released?
    yes.

    so far though I've found simply using Govnah to set the speed to 600Mhz has been plenty fast. I'm happy to wait for the public release of Uberkernel rather than messing with the test kernels. last I saw they've got some bugs with the screenstate governer.
  19. #1799  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    yes.

    so far though I've found simply using Govnah to set the speed to 600Mhz has been plenty fast. I'm happy to wait for the public release of Uberkernel rather than messing with the test kernels. last I saw they've got some bugs with the screenstate governer.
    Thanks a lot! that's what I wanted to hear! So let's Doctor a little bit.
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
  20. #1800  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, all scripts have been updated to the new stlye.

    The file verification error on the verizon preplus script has been fixed.

    The sprint pre and verizon preplus new-* scripts have been promoted to replace the old versions.
    -- Rod
    Back in town after months away. Pleased to see the new action and buzz, thought I’d give the updater(s) a shot on my VZW Pre+.

    I wiped my Pre+ with the stock 1.4.5 Doctor, and booted into a completely new profile. I had success and no issues with the first/original(?) meta-verizon script. I’m running an iMac with SL, and am generally a nub at this. But, I follow instructions to the letter. I had no issues with the MacPorts/MetaDoctor installs and the Pre+ was generally working well. I missed Mobile Hotspot and was tempted by the newer scripts…

    I have had no success with the “new-” scripts, and the latest, “promoted” VZW script was a non-finisher for me too. The first “new” script was a non-starter, and the second “new-” script wouldn’t finish and just hung. The latest script just stops at 82%. Each time I had to pull the plug and reinstall the original version of the MetaDoctor directory (I saved a copy of it once I achieved success, just in case - a good thing for me).

    Is there any feedback I can offer - with the latest VZW script hanging maybe there’s some Terminal code I can offer? The Terminal session indicates it’s waiting for the device, and nothing happens for 15 minutes - and then I give up and pull the plug and battery. I’m a bit hesitant now to try out a newer version since I’ve found one update that works. Thanks.

Posting Permissions