Page 9 of 217 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    2.1 doctor will whipe all patches anyway

EDIT: have meta doctor and everything setup on my mac, cant wait for o2 to release the real doctor now

Full App Catalog access, Profile support, and updated modem firmware
    I've just used the Meta-Doctor to install webOS 2.1.0 into a Movistar Palm Pre (p100ueu) and it seems to be running well, though I haven't done extensive tests. On the App Catalog I just see free applications, but I guess it has to do with version 9.9.9 being reported on the profile page.
    I haven't found the voice dialing nor Flash, but I can live without them. At least the new core is here
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

It let you login with your existing profile? It downloaded your purchased apps?
    I guess people are doing this for fun at the moment because the new doctor that they'll release should be out sometime soon right? Since this doctor is a 'test' doctor.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurph05 View Post
    fxspec06: Can you put up detailed steps you used to complete this? My VZW Pre Plus is begging to be upgraded.
    I basically just followed all the instructions OP posted. It took me a while to get ubuntu running properly. I already had virtualbox installed. So I d/l'd linux installed that in virtual machine, followed the steps on meta-doctor wiki page. After that I had to enable folder sharing in virtualbox. This page was helpful:

» VirtualBox: access Windows-host shared folders from Ubuntu-guest

After you set it all up, I used this command to build the doctor

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 clobber all
    Then I copied in linux the new doctor.jar file to the shared folder I set up earlier, and ran the doctor.jar in Windows. I had to turn off my Pre+, then plug it in to already connected usb cord, held volume+ until I saw lightning bolt. Then the doctor worked perfectly.

This took me practically all morning to set up.
    For what it's worth, I seem to have full App Catalog access and was able to sign into my Palm Profile. Not sure what else might be affected from using a "wrong" base image or whether I inadvertently "fixed" the problem by changing tokens, but so far, so good.
    Please confirm whether you can see Angry Birds in the app catalog and whether you can purchase an app or not. This two things will confirm whether you have full app catalog access or not.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Is there a way I can get Webos 2.1 on my sprint pixi?
    Thanks
    Haha don't read too much into that post. It is in no way faster or even comparable to 1.4.5 running at 1ghz.

For what it's worth, I seem to have full App Catalog access and was able to sign into my Palm Profile. Not sure what else might be affected from using a "wrong" base image or whether I inadvertently "fixed" the problem by changing tokens, but so far, so good.
    Well, I've concocted my own Meta-Doctor for my Sprint Pre+, also using the "Sprint Franken Pre2" workaround. Maybe I can add some more data to your testing here . . . It's flashing right now, 10% complete.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    --- useless, description earlier ---

voice memos for 2.x.

thats voice memos ..i ts flagged for 2.0 only .. can someone check to see if they can see it??

prefferably someone on verizon att or sprint?? it wont show up if your app catalog vers is less than 2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan00798 View Post
    Is there a way I can get Webos 2.1 on my sprint pixi?
    Thanks
    OP

No
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    With 1.4.5 there was always a '3G' icon in the top right. Now there is a 'EV' icon instead of '3G. I wasn't really sure if it was the same or not. But it was quick to load pages in the browser. But it wasn't letting me access anything from the App Catalog. I disabled the first use app, and I couldn't figure out how to either create a profile or try to log in to an existing one.

Anyways I screwed it up messing with the phone app. So I rebuilt another doctor and enabled first use app.. we'll see if it lets me create a profile or log in with an existing one. Currently @ 40%...
    My Bell 1.4.5 shows Ev, and that's 3G. 2G is 1x. 3G usually is for GSM/UMTS, or if you patch.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I basically just followed all the instructions OP posted. It took me a while to get ubuntu running properly. I already had virtualbox installed. So I d/l'd linux installed that in virtual machine, followed the steps on meta-doctor wiki page. After that I had to enable folder sharing in virtualbox. This page was helpful:

» VirtualBox: access Windows-host shared folders from Ubuntu-guest

After you set it all up, I used this command to build the doctor

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 clobber all
    Then I copied in linux the new doctor.jar file to the shared folder I set up earlier, and ran the doctor.jar in Windows. I had to turn off my Pre+, then plug it in to already connected usb cord, held volume+ until I saw lightning bolt. Then the doctor worked perfectly.

This took me practically all morning to set up.
    Thanks!! I just needed the make string, because I couldn't figure it out! You also used the o2 webOS doctor right?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I installed Govnah
    But when I change from userspace to ondemand (just change it without apply anything) screen beginns to flicker and freezes after 2 seconds... pre becomes dead until I pull battery off
    no 1.4.5 kernels will work on a 2.x device
    Leathal, can you give a basic outline of what you did on your Sprint Pre? Did you have to use the VZW firmwake ipks? Or could you just go from the released EU doctor, add your Sprint tokens and 1.4.5 build info?
    screwdestiny
    PSN • Twitter • Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Please confirm whether you can see Angry Birds in the app catalog and whether you can purchase an app or not. This two things will confirm whether you have full app catalog access or not.
    Yep, I can see Angry Birds, NFSU, etc. As far as purchasing apps goes, there's really not much I want to buy at this point, but it's letting me enter my profile password and gets me to the purchase confirmation screen.
    Is there Adobe Flash with this update? If not I will likely pass on attempting it.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    voice memos for 2.x.

thats voice memos ..i ts flagged for 2.0 only .. can someone check to see if they can see it??

prefferably someone on verizon att or sprint?? it wont show up if your app catalog vers is less than 2.x
    I can see Voice Memos on my 1.4.5 O2 Pre-...