Page 89 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    I'm trying to do the doctor on my Verizon Pre Plus and It doesn't look like the doctor is seeing the Pre when I plug it in. Can someone help me with this?
    Put the phone in usb mode. Does your computer show it as a removal drive?

Do you have Palm SDK or Novacom installed?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Put the phone in usb mode. Does your computer show it as a removal drive?

Do you have Palm SDK or Novacom installed?
    I have Novacom installed. I have the phone shut off when I plug it in and I'm holding the up volume.
    I have Novacom installed. I have the phone shut off when I plug it in and I'm holding the up volume.
    1) Unplug the phone from the computer
    2) Turn the phone on or power it back on
    3) Type in webos20090606
    4) Click on the Developer Mode Enabler icon
    5) Is the Developer Mode ON? If No, turn it ON and reboot. If Yes proceed
    6) Connect the phone to your computer and enable usb mode
    7) Does the computer show the Pre as a drive? If No, reinstall Novacom. If Yes proceed
    8) Remove your Pre from usb mode and then try running the webOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    RE: Do the VZW carrier specific apps work...

Sure they work for the devs - but do the subscriptions come over and are there any quirks when users try them?
    Mobile Hot Spot works fine, exactly as it did before. Can't say about VZNav, as I doctor'd before the last bug got worked out and I don't have a VZNav subscription anyway.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    1) Unplug the phone from the computer
    2) Turn the phone on or power it back on
    3) Type in webos20090606
    4) Click on the Developer Mode Enabler icon
    5) Is the Developer Mode ON? If No, turn it ON and reboot. If Yes proceed
    6) Connect the phone to your computer and enable usb mode
    7) Does the computer show the Pre as a drive? If No, reinstall Novacom. If Yes proceed
    8) Remove your Pre from usb mode and then try running the webOS Doctor.
    Still not making any progress. When I plugged it in, I chose charge only. I tried it in usb mode also.
  6.    #1766  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Hey guys i see that the boot logo is .tga, is there a way i could use my own custom boot logo if its a .png
    Yes, by converting it to a .tga. NetPbm tools on Linux can do this easily. pngtopnm and ppmtotga.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    RE: Do the VZW carrier specific apps work...

Sure they work for the devs - but do the subscriptions come over and are there any quirks when users try them?
    I'd test them if I could, but I don't have VZW service. Just a sort-of working Verizon Pre- left over from Plussing my Sprint Pre.

I would *assume* that the Nav subscription is tied to your account and would transfer. We need someone with Nav service to confirm this for us so we can sign off on it.
    Still not making any progress. When I plugged it in, I chose charge only. I tried it in usb mode also.
    When you tried usb mode what happened?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    When you tried usb mode what happened?
    It shows up as a drive in usb mode.
    How about Sprint Nav? Can the depency issue that was resolved in VZQ Nav be applied to Sprint Nav?

I was able to install com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk. However, com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk errors with "Package dependencies not satisfied"

After installing com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk, the Sprint Navigation icon pop-up in the Launcher. When i click on it, it takes me thru the setup and then errors out with "An Exception Occurred" The Sprint Navigator Adapter experienced an exception: Object # has no method 'callService'
    . . . which is why Sprint Nav isn't installed by the script. ;-)

VZW users are fortunate, in that legally accessible versions of their carrier software exist for webOS 2. The new-meta script takes the packages from the VZW Pre2 Doctor and packs them up. There is no such option for AT&T or Sprint at this time.

So legally we have to get the 1.4.5 stuff working, or nothing.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Sorry for another noob question, but I'm trying to run the Meta-Doctor script for my AT&T Pre Plus using Cygwin. For some reason when it goes to run the Tar processes, I get several "File changed as we read it" errors and it aborts the script. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, by converting it to a .tga. NetPbm tools on Linux can do this easily. pngtopnm and ppmtotga.

-- Rod
    Thanks rod, but another quick question will it still pulse or do i have to do that to the image? is there a certain format it needs to be to pulse...and when im done i can just stick the image where the webosinternals logo was and name it the same? so i dont have to edit any code or anyhting?
    Last edited by NpManny; 03/01/2011 at 06:26 PM.
    are you on a Windows computer with virtualized Ubuntu and are trying to get the doctor in Ubuntu to recognize your pre?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    are you on a Windows computer with virtualized Ubuntu and are trying to get the doctor in Ubuntu to recognize your pre?
    I'm running Ubuntu natively.
    Perfect.

a) Unplug it from the computer
    b) Restart Palm Novacom service | Look in your computer Services console
    c) Plug the Pre to your computer and select Charge only
    d) Run webOS Doctor
    i) When you click Next at "This tool will reset your phone..." (4th webOS Doctor window), does it say Checking System? If Yes, does the Novacom installation window pop-up? If Yes, proceed. If No, Novacom is not properly installed
    ii) At the "Connect your phone directly to your computer..." (6th webOS Doctor window), is the Next button visible or wash out?
    I'm running Ubuntu natively.
    Is the webOS Doctor file on your windows drive or Ubuntu?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowpeck View Post
    Sorry for another noob question, but I'm trying to run the Meta-Doctor script for my AT&T Pre Plus using Cygwin. For some reason when it goes to run the Tar processes, I get several "File changed as we read it" errors and it aborts the script. Am I doing something wrong?
    Nevermind... it seems it did everything except automatically run the WebosDoctor so I just am having to run that manually. No biggie.

EDIT: Running that gets me the error that my phone isn't compatible with this version of webOSDoctor.... seriously what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by snowpeck; 03/01/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hey guys.
    I've followed the instructions on the wiki at least 3 times now. I can't figure what's going wrong. The backup is deleted, my usb drive is clear. I've doctored back to 1.4.5 and to 2.1.0 thrice and I'm still getting Dr. Skipped Firstuse. Anything else I can try?
    Ok - just leaving my feedback here. Ran the sprint script through Cygwin, following the directions on the wiki, and everything worked perfectly. Thought about changing it to the old palm logo, but I'm ok with the webOS-internals logo and the hp logo. Going to give a donation on Friday when my paycheck comes in.
  20.    #1780  
    Just a note for those people asking questions about this process.

There is a link in the first post about how to ask questions in a way that maximises your chance of getting an answer.

In general, if I see a question, and I can surmise from the brevity of the question that the person asking the question has obviously not read the wiki page or watched the videos or read any previous posts in the thread, then I simply ignore that question (and I would suggest everyone else does too, since people must be taught to make use of those existing resources before adding another post to this thread).

If you really believe that you have a question that is not covered by the existing resources, then you need to prove it. A single paragraph post just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. Re-read the items linked from the first post.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals