Page 88 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    thanx guys so i did how u told me and installed cygwin instead of wuibi so my question now is do i need to install novacom for ubuntu or novacom for windows? sorry if its a stupid question but im relly new and wanna make sure i do everything right
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I am stuck in the same screen. I have done the restore palm build info patch...

I was able to doctor to the wifi only version of the doctor, but it won't let me use my 3G connection... is there a patch to enable 3G?
    If your stuck at the same screen I managed to get around it by redoctoring the same doctor I used, then instead of choose create new profile, I just used the profile that I had setup just in the previous doctor minutes before and it worked. It didn't even get to the point about asking me for location services I guess becuase it would be taking th esettings from the profile.

I can see why everyone says the palm pre plus gps sucks. My sprint was right next to it and got the gps fix instantly vs the plus waiting and waiting.
    Redoctored (without VZ Nav version; sticking with original for now), used Save/Restore to bring back most installed patches and homebrew, now mass-installing my App Catalog apps individually. So grateful for all who made this not only possible but easy to re-do when needed. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I want a round of applause for all the people who are helping others in this thread.

A word of advice to people who are new to this.
    This is the step by step thread for Meta-Doctor: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

Click this link and start by creating a first normal Activation Bypass and whatever extra Meta-Doctor. Why? To get acquainted with the whole process. Any problem you may encounter, has been asked and answered in that thread.

Once you're comfortable creating your own Meta-Doctor firmware, come back here.
    Because right now, not really sorry to say, there are a lot of people polluting this thread with n00b questions.
    No offence, but deal with those in the Meta-Doctor thread.
    No offence taken (since I'm probably one of those n00bs), but just a question for you...How is a n00b to know that the problems are related to the way they're using meta-doctor and not the way they're running the 2.1 install scripts? From what I'm seeing many of us either didn't even follow the wiki carefully enough or ran into problems despite the wiki.

In my opinion, locking this thread an making separate ones for development and support (possibly support one outside the Webos Internals forum) makes more sense than what you're proposing. Us n00bs may be using meta-doctor but at least in all these cases it is more specific to installing 2.1 than using meta-doctor broadly... People are pretty unlikely to do what you're asking them to do, really -- practice before diving in... My opinion though...
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 03/01/2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: being more clear...adding own opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    thanx guys so i did how u told me and installed cygwin instead of wuibi so my question now is do i need to install novacom for ubuntu or novacom for windows? sorry if its a stupid question but im relly new and wanna make sure i do everything right
    Also I see by windows there is only the option for complete sdk and not just novacom like by ubuntu so should I take the full sdk from windows??
    Okay. The new-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script, with VZW Nav install, has been committed. Anyone can get it with a "git clone . . ."
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Also I see by windows there is only the option for complete sdk and not just novacom like by ubuntu so should I take the full sdk from windows??
    It won't hurt. What you really need is novacom and drivers, which you get either from a webosdoctor or from the sdk install. You will need the Windows version (cygwin is not ubuntu).

Max
    On a Verizon device is it possible to add just the mobile hotspot app and leave Vz Nav off? I don't pay for it and don't really want it on my phone. I think it screws with the GPS. Would also love to dump the Amazon MP3 app too.
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    On a Verizon device is it possible to add just the mobile hotspot app and leave Vz Nav off? I don't pay for it and don't really want it on my phone. I think it screws with the GPS. Would also love to dump the Amazon MP3 app too.
    In new-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0, find the following section:
    Code:
    CARRIER_IPKS="\
    com.nim.vznavigator_*.ipk \
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_*.ipk \
    com.nim.app.vznavigator_*.ipk \
    "
    and edit it so it reads
    Code:
    CARRIER_IPKS="\
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_*.ipk \
    "
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Can someone please attach the unmasq file for the Sprint Pre-? I uploaded and emailed myself a link to a finished Doctor (NO I WILL NOT SHARE IT!!!) but forgot to send myself the file.

Thanks in advance.
    Bump.
  11.    #1751  
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Bump.
    You should be able to perform the meta-doctor steps again and extract it yourself.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Has anyone used the new VZ meta script with VZ Nav and Mobile Hotspot? If so what results? I'm particularly interested to find what VZ Nav does if you already had a subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should be able to perform the meta-doctor steps again and extract it yourself.

-- Rod
    Forgot to mention that I won't be by my computer (or any computer that I can "play" with) for at least 2 days...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What device is it, and do you have a signal?

If it's a FrankenPre; I have no experience with that scenario.
    I vaguely remember something about Battery tokens being incorrect though.
    It's a Sprint Pre+ (Coms board swap from Verizon Pre Plus). It has signal...everything works great except the battery won't charge.

The battery charged before when i first installed meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 but when i tried new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 that's when the battery charging issue crop-up. I know there are other users that have used the new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script and are not experiencing battery charging issues.

If i need to buy another Sprint Pre, that's fine but i'll like to know the root cause so it doesn't happen again on another Sprint Pre that i buy and put new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 on it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/help.
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 03/01/2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    It won't hurt. What you really need is novacom and drivers, which you get either from a webosdoctor or from the sdk install. You will need the Windows version (cygwin is not ubuntu).

Max
    Thanks a million for answering u guys here are awsome so just 1 more thing to make sure do I need to download the virtual device or can skip that step? Also once I have the sdk do I need to something with it? Put it somewhere? Or plain installing will be good?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Right. Do they work? We are only including apps that work for now.
    Yes.
    RE: Do the VZW carrier specific apps work...

Sure they work for the devs - but do the subscriptions come over and are there any quirks when users try them?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Okay. The new-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script, with VZW Nav install, has been committed. Anyone can get it with a "git clone . . ."
    How about Sprint Nav? Can the depency issue that was resolved in VZQ Nav be applied to Sprint Nav?

I was able to install com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk. However, com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk errors with "Package dependencies not satisfied"

After installing com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk, the Sprint Navigation icon pop-up in the Launcher. When i click on it, it takes me thru the setup and then errors out with "An Exception Occurred" The Sprint Navigator Adapter experienced an exception: Object # has no method 'callService'
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 03/01/2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Hey guys i see that the boot logo is .tga, is there a way i could use my own custom boot logo if its a .png
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm trying to do the doctor on my Verizon Pre Plus and It doesn't look like the doctor is seeing the Pre when I plug it in. Can someone help me with this?