Page 87 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Not trying to talk about NDA software, but just for the record, those who haven't been able to get Sprint Navigation to work on 2.1, if you install the ipk file from the beta 2.0.1 from a terminal session with -force-depends afterwards, it works. I've seen confirmation that the 1.4.5 version will not work on 2.1 no matter what, so unless HP offers up the updated version they were looking to release originally, that looks like your only chance. Please don't PM me asking for it.
    I did a search for this to no avail. I cannot get my device to unmask (yes ive followed the wiki. I got this far) I do not have the etc folder on my usb drive (unhidden) and dont know where to put the file. by the way when i open the unmask file it still says 1.4.5.? please help
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    please help... (never ran Ubuntu before)

ran the automated scripts fine til i launched the java webosdoctor app, had to restart, then in Ubuntu i cannot run the custom jar file, saying its not executable..
    see below (or all the other responses already)
    also i copied the jar file from the directory the wiki page told me on a windows machine but it says the version of webosdoctor is incompatible with my phone....
    this part sounds like you copied a jar from the downloads folder not the build folder

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Ubuntu changed it so that all jar files by default are not executable. Right click on the file, go to Properties, the Permissions tab, and next to where it says owner, click Execute.

You can do it via the terminal too, but I'm lazy.
    Code:
    chmod a+x [file here]
    for anyone who isn't too lazy. I'm too lazy to use a GUI in Linux. owner of the file is probably going to be root hence the "a". Obviously you can chown it and then chmod o+x too if you care that much
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    I did a search for this to no avail. I cannot get my device to unmask (yes ive followed the wiki. I got this far) I do not have the etc folder on my usb drive (unhidden) and dont know where to put the file. by the way when i open the unmask file it still says 1.4.5.? please help
    Copy palm-build-info-unmasqed from your meta-doctor/ directory onto your device's USB drive.

Then establish a novaterm connection to your device and run the following commands:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -t
    mv /media/internal/palm-build-info-unmasq /etc/palm-build-info
    reboot
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Of course, I got impatient and started running my last version again. Thanks--I'll ponder some more whether I want to bother getting VZ Navigator on. Much obliged. Now, if we can only get access to 2.0 applications.... {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi... Pre (-) from Spain here (movistar, main and only phone)...

Can I do this considering each sentence written in the guide is extremely hard to understand for me from a technical point of view? I might be able to do it after a lot of work and asking, but will there be an easier way in the near future or this is gonna be it?

Will everything work ok if I do it correctly? My profile, connections etc...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Of course, I got impatient and started running my last version again. Thanks--I'll ponder some more whether I want to bother getting VZ Navigator on. Much obliged. Now, if we can only get access to 2.0 applications.... {Jonathan}
    I think most of the 2.0 app devs have made a version that will show up in the Palm Web feeds for those who are spoofing 1.4.5 while actually running 2.x

If you need some assistance with VZ Navigator I will be happy to help. Just email me.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Just doctor'd a friends Verizon Pre Plus, and its stuck at the Auto Locate screen, once I hit one of the buttons the phone doesn't continue. I removed the battery and it just goes back to this screen and won't progress. Guess ill have to doctor it again.

This was using the new-meta-verizon-preplus2.10
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I think most of the 2.0 app devs have made a version that will show up in the Palm Web feeds for those who are spoofing 1.4.5 while actually running 2.x

If you need some assistance with VZ Navigator I will be happy to help. Just email me.
    It will be interesting to see if adding VZ Nav back in re-wrecks the GPS.
    there are scripts for sprint, verizon but witch one is for o2 pre- uk ?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to prevent the Data Transfer Assistant from coming up every time the phone reboots? Each time I pick an account to back up my information, it does absolutely nothing. I'm running 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre -.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
    Does anyone know how to prevent the Data Transfer Assistant from coming up every time the phone reboots? Each time I pick an account to back up my information, it does absolutely nothing. I'm running 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre -.

Thanks.
    You might have to delete the accounts. Reboot, then re-add the accounts you want.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Copy palm-build-info-unmasqed from your meta-doctor/ directory onto your device's USB drive.

Then establish a novaterm connection to your device and run the following commands:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -t
    mv /media/internal/palm-build-info-unmasq /etc/palm-build-info
    reboot

It continues to say it can't because there is no such directory?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

VZ Nav is installed by default with the new (uncommitted) script. Still available in that ZIP file for a limited time! ;-)
    If there is no /etc on your phone, something is horribly wrong.
    A big thank you to all the folks who made the upgrade possible. The only snag I had was that my profile is stuck at 'dr skipped firstuse', even though I shut off backup before the update and copied over the necessary files.

Fortunately, I had dumped all my contacts into a .vcf file on the device, which I then imported into Google. So, I will stick with my calendar and contacts in the Google cloud, rather than worry about the Palm cloud.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Just doctor'd a friends Verizon Pre Plus, and its stuck at the Auto Locate screen, once I hit one of the buttons the phone doesn't continue. I removed the battery and it just goes back to this screen and won't progress. Guess ill have to doctor it again.

This was using the new-meta-verizon-preplus2.10
    I am stuck in the same screen. I have done the restore palm build info patch...

I was able to doctor to the wifi only version of the doctor, but it won't let me use my 3G connection... is there a patch to enable 3G?
    Does anybody have comments on the last issues I have with my install? I've copied the "issues" part of the post that I left earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Only a few problems now, I think they might be all related and I don't see any earlier posts on them:
    1: In my email app, I can see the text in the to and from fields, but I can't see any text in the message filed until I hit the reply button.
    2: I used Mr. Robitaille's "Easy Method" to try and incorporate Flash. When loading most pages in the browser, the screen changes from a loading button on the bottom to a big gray spinning circle and then the pages just refresh. There are very few pages I can get to load fully.
    3: I can obtain a GPS fix with location services but BFG maps never finds me and Google maps cycles for a while between a gray spinning circle and a white page before telling me that I need an internet connection.
    Can you post a screenshot of your terminal after it says this?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    If there is no /etc on your phone, something is horribly wrong.
    I should have paid more attn. My file was named "unmasqed" instead of "unmasq"

Thanks again