Page 86 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #1701  
    got 2.1 on my pre- uk o2. Did flash as well only problem i have for now is preware, just cant work, got this type of error: no permitted to send to org.webosinternals.ipkgservice. Any ideas?
  2. #1702  
    Hmm this thread moves quickly, I'm digging back now to see why Ubuntu 10.10 would be an issue. I've been doing all my meta-doctoring with Ubuntu 11.04 (alpha or beta or w/e it is at this point, definitely not released yet) and OpenJDK without any trouble, following instructions from the wiki.

    edit: ah, the SDK I see. I just have the novacom stuff installed on my Linux box, I use the SDK from a mac.
    Last edited by suburban_war; 03/01/2011 at 11:17 AM.
  3. #1703  
    is there a list of what carrier apps are currently including or going to be included in the new script? i noticed somebody mentioned the nascar app which although i dont use all the time can be cool to check out. also the football app i do use all the time. ok so the season is over and hopefully i will have a new phone before the new one but just wondering. also i know amazon was added to verizon but how about sprint?
    thanks
  4. #1704  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Ok so I will try 10.04 just wanna ask to make sure do I need to do all 5 steps including installing a virtual machine when using ubuntu with wubi?
    if you're on Windows just use Cygwin. it's a thousand times easier.
  5. #1705  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    is there a list of what carrier apps are currently including or going to be included in the new script? i noticed somebody mentioned the nascar app which although i dont use all the time can be cool to check out. also the football app i do use all the time. ok so the season is over and hopefully i will have a new phone before the new one but just wondering. also i know amazon was added to verizon but how about sprint?
    thanks
    I was able to install on mine by extracting
    com.handson.app.nascar_1.0-46_armv7.ipk
    com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-63_armv7.ipk
    com.handson.app.nfl_1.0-38_armv7.ipk
    from Sprint.tar and using webOS QI to install the ipkg files. Samething for com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-71_armv7.ipk as well.
  6. #1706  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    is there a list of what carrier apps are currently including or going to be included in the new script? i noticed somebody mentioned the nascar app which although i dont use all the time can be cool to check out. also the football app i do use all the time. ok so the season is over and hopefully i will have a new phone before the new one but just wondering. also i know amazon was added to verizon but how about sprint?
    thanks
    If you open the script file you can see, it's pretty clearly laid out.

    the script currently installs:
    com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_*.ipk \
    com.palm.app.sprintportal_*.ipk \
    dmtree-sprint_*.ipk \
    mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc_*.ipk \
  7. #1707  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    I was able to install on mine by extracting
    com.handson.app.nascar_1.0-46_armv7.ipk
    com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-63_armv7.ipk
    com.handson.app.nfl_1.0-38_armv7.ipk
    from Sprint.tar and using webOS QI to install the ipkg files. Samething for com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-71_armv7.ipk as well.
    im new to all this script stuff. i mess around with the phone all the time but not this deep. i followed the wiki and everything and have been able to create the doctor no problem but i dont know how to extract those files. any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  8. #1708  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    GuyFromNam,

    Can you help, PLEASE!!!
    What device is it, and do you have a signal?

    If it's a FrankenPre; I have no experience with that scenario.
    I vaguely remember something about Battery tokens being incorrect though.
  9. #1709  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    I was able to install on mine by extracting
    com.handson.app.nascar_1.0-46_armv7.ipk
    com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_1.0-63_armv7.ipk
    com.handson.app.nfl_1.0-38_armv7.ipk
    from Sprint.tar and using webOS QI to install the ipkg files. Samething for com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-71_armv7.ipk as well.
    Right. Do they work? We are only including apps that work for now.
  10. #1710  
    please help... (never ran Ubuntu before)


    ran the automated scripts fine til i launched the java webosdoctor app, had to restart, then in Ubuntu i cannot run the custom jar file, saying its not executable..

    also i copied the jar file from the directory the wiki page told me on a windows machine but it says the version of webosdoctor is incompatible with my phone....

    help please
  11. #1711  
    Are you sure you are trying to run the correct doctor? It is located in the /meta-doctor/builds/p101/ directory.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  12. #1712  
    Ubuntu changed it so that all jar files by default are not executable. Right click on the file, go to Properties, the Permissions tab, and next to where it says owner, click Execute.

    You can do it via the terminal too, but I'm lazy.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  13. #1713  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Okay, you lucky VZW ducks. I think I've gotten the Nav app installation problems figured out, with (of course) some help from Rod. Look for some updated scripts later today.

    Right now I need to put on the Daddy hat and go pick up a kid from preschool. Cheers!
    Any ETA for those scripts, Ed? I tweaked something I ought not have, and now have to re-do the metaDoctor process. Would rather have the updated scripts to do so. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  14. #1714  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    got 2.1 on my pre- uk o2. Did flash as well only problem i have for now is preware, just cant work, got this type of error: no permitted to send to org.webosinternals.ipkgservice. Any ideas?
    It sounds like either the ipkgservice didn't start, or Preware didn't install correctly. I'd try rebooting the phone and if that doesn't fix it remove and reinstall.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  15. #1715  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    im new to all this script stuff. i mess around with the phone all the time but not this deep. i followed the wiki and everything and have been able to create the doctor no problem but i dont know how to extract those files. any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Folks,

    We're getting to carrier apps as fast as we can. Verizon got bumped up because we can legally script over the IPKs from the Verizon-2.0.1 webOS Doctor. Right now the ones that you see listed in a given script are the ones that we know work for that carrier.

    Anyone who wants to pick through those and get them working, please let me know when you do.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  16. #1716  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Any ETA for those scripts, Ed? I tweaked something I ought not have, and now have to re-do the metaDoctor process. Would rather have the updated scripts to do so. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    I just got back. My wife seemed to think that since I was home I should eat lunch or something. She's odd like that.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
  17. #1717  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I just got back. My wife seemed to think that since I was home I should eat lunch or something. She's odd like that.
    OK. I was in the process of building a new MetaDoctor; I'll hold off, and thanks. {J}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  18. #1718  
    From what I've gleaned: the profile backup data needs to be deleted prior to doctoring even if the intention is to create a new profile for testing purposes. Is this correct?

    I'm not sure if I want to make the full commitment yet, and while the wiki is clear on the profile deletion being necessary, it seems counter-intuitive if I plan on creating a new one.

    Thanks
  19. #1719  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmquinn View Post
    From what I've gleaned: the profile backup data needs to be deleted prior to doctoring even if the intention is to create a new profile for testing purposes. Is this correct?

    I'm not sure if I want to make the full commitment yet, and while the wiki is clear on the profile deletion being necessary, it seems counter-intuitive if I plan on creating a new one.

    Thanks
    Clearing your 1.4.5 profile data is only necessary if you intend to use that profile in 2.x (it has worked for some without that).

    You should be able to create a new profile no matter what.

    However if you decide to go back and bring your old profile into 2.x you would have to replace the palm build info again (back to the 1.4.5 one) do an erase (either partial or full) and then log in with your old profile and swap the palm build info back to 2.1.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  20. #1720  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmquinn View Post
    From what I've gleaned: the profile backup data needs to be deleted prior to doctoring even if the intention is to create a new profile for testing purposes. Is this correct?

    I'm not sure if I want to make the full commitment yet, and while the wiki is clear on the profile deletion being necessary, it seems counter-intuitive if I plan on creating a new one.

    Thanks
    You don't need to delete the old backup if you are creating a new profile. However, you won't have access to any apps you purchased and if you happened to save contacts to the Palm Profile, you won't have those. And if you don't delete your old backup, you should be able to go back to it by re-doctoring your phone to 1.4.5 and using your old profile and get back to where you are today. (don't know how long Palm save the backup though).

Posting Permissions